Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Rate My Team

Your pokemon team for battle tower? - Page 1

Your pokemon team for battle tower?

Posted by: Piedie
Date: 2009-04-18 11:07:53
What pokemon team do you use? This would include pokemon for battle arcade, and battle castle if you play pokemon Platnum… but you could say other pokemon versions, too! And please say:
(level 50) or (Open level)

I use:

Level 50

[shadow=red,left]Lucario @ Fist plate[/shadow]

[shadow=red,left]Male[/shadow]

[shadow=red,left]Moves:[/shadow]
Sword dance
Aura sphere
Me First
Dragon pulse

[shadow=red,left]Nature:[/shadow]
Jolly

[shadow=red,left]Stats:[/shadow]
136/136 hp
126 Attack
92 Defence
124 Sp. Atk
81 Sp. Def
121 Speed

[shadow=red,left]Spiritomb @ Razor Claw[/shadow]

Male

Dark Pulse
Swagger
Psychic
Memento
Careful

122 Hp
114 Attack
128 Defence
91 Sp. Atk
133 Sp. def
45 Speed (WOW!!!)

[shadow=red,left]Staraptor @ leftovers (when I find them  ;D )[/shadow]

Male

Endeavor
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Fly
[shadow=red,left]Nature:[/shadow]Lax

136 Attack
90 Defence
70 Sp. Atk
52 Sp. Def
127 Speed

Tell me what you think! And remember to post your own to! [shadow=red,left](Mine suck)[/shadow]

Re: Your pokemon team for battle tower?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-04-18 20:59:03

What pokemon team do you use? This would include pokemon for battle arcade, and battle castle if you play pokemon Platnum… but you could say other pokemon versions, too! And please say:
(level 50) or (Open level)

I use:

Level 50

[shadow=red,left]Lucario @ Fist plate[/shadow]

[shadow=red,left]Male[/shadow]

Sword dance
Aura sphere
Me First
Dragon pulse

Jolly

136/136 hp
126 Attack
92 Defence
124 Sp. Atk
81 Sp. Def
121 Speed
Considering you have a Jolly nature and probably don't want to bother breeding another one (if you do use Timid for this moveset), I'd swap out Aura Sphere for Close Combat and Dragon Pulse (which doesn't really benefit you in terms of type coverage anyway) for Earthquake.

[shadow=red,left]Spiritomb @ Razor Claw[/shadow]

Male

Dark Pulse
Swagger
Psychic
Memento
Careful

122 Hp
114 Attack
128 Defence
91 Sp. Atk
133 Sp. def
45 Speed (WOW!!!) Spiritomb has base 35 speed, not much to wow about
Psychic and Dark Pulse aren't really that useful coming from 91 Sp. Attack, I'd replace them with some combination of Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch/Return, or better yet replace Swagger with Nasty Plot. Also consider Will-o-Wisp here, instead of Memento.

[shadow=red,left]Staraptor @ leftovers (when I find them  ;D )[/shadow]

Male

Endeavor
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Fly
[shadow=red,left]Nature:[/shadow]Lax

136 Attack
90 Defence
70 Sp. Atk
52 Sp. Def
127 Speed
I have a funny feeling that this is a HM slave which you don't actually use for battling :\ and if you do, get rid of Fly and replace it with Return or U-turn or something.

Tell me what you think! And remember to post your own to! [shadow=red,left](Mine suck)[/shadow]

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-04-19 06:37:40
Well, here's what I used for the Battle Hall:

Electabuzz
Choice Specs
Modest
Static
*I forget the stats, but they're good*
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam
Psychic
Focus Blast

Date: 2009-04-19 07:41:04
I forgot to post my team here lol. I don't have Platinum due to it not being out here yet but here's what I use for Emerald:

Metagross @ Leftovers ** Mechagross
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide
Standard Agiligross albeit with Rock Slide instead of Explosion.

Latios (M) @ Lum Berry ** Dragoplane
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk) (On my actual game it has a Sassy nature but that's just because at the time I caught it I didn't know about competitive battling and roaming legendaries are hard to SR for anyway)
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Special sweeper. I'm thinking of replacing Surf with something else but I can't think of anything better.

Weezing (M) @ Quick Claw ** Asthmaball
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Haze
- Taunt
- Toxic
Handles those annoying Double Team spammers that seem to be common in the Battle Frontier. Also counters Heracross and Scizor entirely. Toxic is because I'm a noob and forgot to breed for Will-o-Wisp :\

Posted by: Piedie
Date: 2009-04-19 10:51:22
I used to use a porygon-Z with discharge, but before I do that I would use fly with staraptor, so it would hit both opponates, and miss my other team mate. Usualy that would get there hp down low and staraptor would finish one of them. Easyer done than sayed  ;D

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-04-19 11:09:58
Hmm, I haven't reached the Battle Tower yet. A friend of mine has got there on Emerald, but I don't know what Pokemon they use. I don't have a team yet, so mine would be:

Ragurāji - Swampert (I'm still training on Emerald, so I'll post all my stats, when I reach the Battle Tower, and what level are the Pokemon there?)
Agehanto - Beautifly
Dustox
Yena - Mightyena
Vaporeon (I got shit loads of Eevees on my Ruby)
Metagurosu - Metagross.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-04-22 16:29:49

I forgot to post my team here lol. I don't have Platinum due to it not being out here yet but here's what I use for Emerald:

- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk) (On my actual game it has a Sassy nature but that's just because at the time I caught it I didn't know about competitive battling and roaming legendaries are hard to SR for anyway)
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Special sweeper. I'm thinking of replacing Surf with something else but I can't think of anything better.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Haze
- Taunt
- Toxic
Handles those annoying Double Team spammers that seem to be common in the Battle Frontier. Also counters Heracross and Scizor entirely. Toxic is because I'm a noob and forgot to breed for Will-o-Wisp :\

First off, using a Weezing makes your team instant win.  It's that cool.

OK, now.  Agiligross, I hear good things generally.  Don't use it myself, personally, mine are all-out attackers.  Seems good to me.

Latios- From what I know about it, I think you have a good set there.  I generally refrain from using legendaries myself, but that's your choice.  Because of that, though, I'm not too clear on their usability in competitive battle. 

Weezing- EXCELLENT.  Maybe give it Leftovers instead of Quick Claw, but otherwise very good.

Date: 2009-04-22 20:37:18

- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Haze
- Taunt
- Toxic

First off, using a Weezing makes your team instant win.  It's that cool.

OK, now.  Agiligross, I hear good things generally.  Don't use it myself, personally, mine are all-out attackers.  Seems good to me.

Latios- From what I know about it, I think you have a good set there.  I generally refrain from using legendaries myself, but that's your choice.  Because of that, though, I'm not too clear on their usability in competitive battle.

Weezing- EXCELLENT.  Maybe give it Leftovers instead of Quick Claw, but otherwise very good.

Battle Frontier forces Item Clause. Quick Claw was the best thing I could think of at the time.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-07-30 09:25:02
I use a Staraptor for the battle hall, almost got the gold print but a damn Zapdos ended my streak and I had him on like 1HP. He is EV'd in attack and speed

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Return
U-Turn

For the other facilities my team consists of Umbreon, Metagross and Staraptor/Yanmega its so hard to get a gold print yet I have silver in all facilities except battle factory which I haven't got round to yet.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-07-30 10:11:26

Battle Frontier forces Item Clause. Quick Claw was the best thing I could think of at the time.

Item Clause? What's that?

Date: 2009-07-30 10:56:55

Item Clause? What's that?

You can't use more than 1 item on your team that is the same e.g no two leftovers although most people don't really mind about this and use other clauses instead like sleep clause (no 2 pokemon alseep) or (Uber clause) no two ubers (pokemon with very high total base stats like dialga)

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-07-30 11:44:32
Oh, how interesting. I've learnt something.

<Sarcastic applause>

Date: 2009-07-30 20:34:53
Been using this for the Battle Hall lately:

Togekiss @ Focus Sash ** Mikuru
Timid
Hustle (not that it matters)
30HP/226SpA/252Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Hyper Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
Probably the only reason to use Hyper Beam ever. Still gets beaten badly by that damned Weavile, though.

Date: 2009-08-07 11:56:48

Been using this for the Battle Hall lately:

Togekiss @ Focus Sash ** Mikuru
Timid
Hustle (not that it matters)
30HP/226SpA/252Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Hyper Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
Probably the only reason to use Hyper Beam ever. Still gets beaten badly by that damned Weavile, though.

Is that Weaville sashed? I would've thought it'd put togekiss in low hp and aura sphere would finish it off, this is my new competitor which'll hopefully beat the battle hall.

Metagross w/Choice Band/Scarf (Scarf when I need to do rank 10 fire etc)
Adamant
w/ Meteor Mash (good stab move)
    Bullet Punch (I probably don't need this thinking about it)
    Earthquake (Get rid of those bulky steel types)
    Rock Slide (To beat shedinja moltres etc)

Date: 2009-08-07 21:22:34
That might work, Metagross is bulky enough to not die (which is infinitely more essential in the Hall). Keep Bullet Punch, you don't really have anything better to put there and it helps get rid of Weavile and other things.
For all future people theorymonning/challenging the Battle Hall, I'd recommend they look through this: http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BattleHallPokemon.txt

Also, my new Pok?mon I'm using:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash (seriously the best item in the Hall)
Timid
- Lock-On
- Sheer Cold
- Spore
- Gastro Acid
96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Gastro Acid is because otherwise I'm screwed against Shedinja and anything with Sturdy. The rest is self explanatory.