Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Game Glitches Discussion

Dragon Warrior Monsters series glitch hunting proposal. - Page 2

Re: Dragon Warrior Monsters series glitch hunting proposal.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-03-04 20:14:12
Enix is a third party company so finding a decimark will be different because third party companies aren't as smart as Second and first party companies at times. I wander if we could insert a sprite with VBA memory viewer for the blank hex address. This will determine if monster data exists in hex slot 00 or not and that the slot crashes the game when that data is loaded because of the absence of sprite data. most likely there is no data present. If we don't find moster data in either of the GBC games we could move on to the bigger games.

I would like to say this little project is the most fun I've ever had on GCL. =P Except for the fact I wish I could do more. Is it legal to post .Sav files? I mean they are just the save data for the game.
In that case I'll take .Sav file for both the GBC games.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-04 20:22:05
Yes, we have a section for glitched savestates IIRC.

Date: 2009-03-04 20:32:23
No I mean actual rom save files. Not save states. you know the save battery files.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-03-04 20:45:12
Yes, I know what you mean, and I think we have those too. But even if we don't, there's no reason why they wouldn't be allowed.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-03-04 21:19:15

^I don't see how the hex list could have been expanded. DWM2 is still on GBC.

The GBC is an 8‐bit system, but that doesn?t mean it is only capable of working with 8‐bit values?it just means that larger ones are an order of magnitude slower. Pok?mon uses three bytes to store the player?s money, and I know of one Pok?mon GSC hack that claims to have increased the number of Pok?mon to over 256.

Date: 2009-03-05 14:36:45
Which pokemon hack is that, IIMarkus? There is also the possibility that the spots where monsters repeated were replaced with the new monsters. How many monsters exactly were in the first game?

Oh and I need a copy of someone's .Sav file btw.