Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation VIII Glitch Discussion

Experience Candy glitch - Page 2

Re: Experience Candy glitch

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-12-08 08:17:59

Thanks Sherkel for posting the links! ^^ @LTMS I imagine yes they'd get the evolved Pokemon unless the game has any error checking for reverting it. In the past the games at least Generation II-III, (IV-V too maybe? I don't know if also true for VI, VII.) III because I remember Vae's video in Generation III where a Kadabra Egg trade evolved or similar) didn't mind and changing the contents of the Egg is not subject to it reverting back even after trade. The game doesn't store a backup of the stage 1 species if the contents is altered like in this glitch.

Alright, thanks for the clarification ^-^ Now the last possible doubt is how hack checks will behave regarding evolved level 1 pokemons. But I guess we'll know when the competitive season starts and someone goes and tries.

Anytime ^-^ I suppose they would be blocked. I have a Level 1 Tyranitar that I can try (but then cancel out if it's not rejected).

Posted by: LTMS
Date: 2019-12-09 13:28:17

Thanks Sherkel for posting the links! ^^ @LTMS I imagine yes they'd get the evolved Pokemon unless the game has any error checking for reverting it. In the past the games at least Generation II-III, (IV-V too maybe? I don't know if also true for VI, VII.) III because I remember Vae's video in Generation III where a Kadabra Egg trade evolved or similar) didn't mind and changing the contents of the Egg is not subject to it reverting back even after trade. The game doesn't store a backup of the stage 1 species if the contents is altered like in this glitch.

Alright, thanks for the clarification ^-^ Now the last possible doubt is how hack checks will behave regarding evolved level 1 pokemons. But I guess we'll know when the competitive season starts and someone goes and tries.

Anytime ^-^ I suppose they would be blocked. I have a Level 1 Tyranitar that I can try (but then cancel out if it's not rejected).

Would be great if you could test, it would save a lot of time for breeding competitive mons if they were allowed.

Posted by: Proteus
Date: 2019-12-16 03:56:30

Seems you actually can. This twitter thread shows how you can give candies to pokemons in an egg to make them evolve (they will be level 1 when the egg hatches regardless of the evolution stage) and also teach them TRs and TMs.

Wow, this exceeded my expectations !!

It seems something serious enough to have to be patched by GF.
Casually press the down button is something that can happen.
And it is even easier for the pokemon to be of different species, unlike the cases exploited for the evolution in these glitches.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-12-21 15:53:37
So, I have gotten the experience candy glitch to work, but…

Only ever with 1 Rare Candy in the bag.

Since you can't store items in the PC anymore, this makes it fairly useless for brokenly fast leveling along the lines of Telefang's experience items. The Egg thing is very cool, though!