Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Those Games That Screw With Your Mind - Page 1

Those Games That Screw With Your Mind

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-11-07 20:38:13
This can refer to either something the game itself does, or something extremely strange in the plot.

In Banjo-Kazooie, if you refused Bottle's training, then pester him five times, he'll say that he'll delete your save file. Banjo will stop him, though.

That game actually will delete your save file if you use more than three cheats codes, though.

Re: Those Games That Screw With Your Mind

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-11-07 20:42:18
I found the one in Gale of Darkness a bit shocking because I had no idea that Verich, this short little dude who looks totally harmless, turns out to be the evil leader of the most powerful evil organization in the land and the evilest villain in all Pokemon games. Wow. I was like, "What the f**k??"

Date: 2007-11-07 21:28:30
Actually, what blew my mind there was when the bad guys actually attack you directly with a Pokemon and knock you out. I mean, why don't they do that more often? :P

For that matter, the biggest shock is that it has a good plot :O

Have you played the first Gamecube Shadow Pokemon game? I think the top boss there is the evilest Pokemon villian ever.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-11-08 10:05:31

Actually, what blew my mind there was when the bad guys actually attack you directly with a Pokemon and knock you out. I mean, why don't they do that more often? :P

Have you played the first Gamecube Shadow Pokemon game? I think the top boss there is the evilest Pokemon villian ever.

He is the most evil, isn't he!?

Date: 2007-11-08 13:45:55
And he was the mayor of Phenac City who promised to help investigate into the matters. The bastard. I had no idea why he never followed through with his investigation. Then I knew why. I think he deserved to die for that. (although they wouldn't let you kill him)

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2007-11-08 18:33:49

He is the most evil, isn't he!?

He was rather evil, yes. If they put that Pokemon episode that caused people to have seizures on GBA video, tHAT would be a game that screwed with your mind. Alas, they didn't.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-11-08 19:41:58
Ever gotten the Sign Ring in the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons?

Date: 2007-11-08 20:03:01
It kinda messed me up in Super Mario Sunshine when Shadow Mario revealed his true form. Also at the ending, where it shows a screen saying "THE END" featuring Il Piantissimo (the dude in the Pianta suit) on a sandy island looking interested in the Paintbrush that Shadow Mario used. I wonder what that's supposed to mean. Does Il Piantissimo become the next evil dude on Isle Delfino? We will never know, because I doubt Nintendo will create a Super Mario Sunshine sequel.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2007-11-08 23:25:25
Earthbound. The whole game is goddamn weird.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-11-10 10:26:52

It kinda messed me up in Super Mario Sunshine when Shadow Mario revealed his true form. Also at the ending, where it shows a screen saying "THE END" featuring Il Piantissimo (the dude in the Pianta suit) on a sandy island looking interested in the Paintbrush that Shadow Mario used. I wonder what that's supposed to mean. Does Il Piantissimo become the next evil dude on Isle Delfino? We will never know, because I doubt Nintendo will create a Super Mario Sunshine sequel.

I want there to be a Super Mario Sunshine Sequel!

Date: 2007-11-10 11:42:00
I wish but they're probably won't be one.

Also in Super Mario RPG, when you were at the town by the sea. The Village Elder wanted you to get a star out of the ocean. When you did, he thanked you, but then let you know that he has a secret. He was actually Yaridovich the Spear, one of the evil weapons in this game. That messed me up the first time that happened-I had never seen that one coming. I suspected something was up with the Elder, but that's not what I thought would happen.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-11-13 19:06:28
Hmmm…..oh! I know one game that screws with my mind sometimes. But I have gotten used to that sort of thing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That game has lots of crazy puzzles and stuff and often when you have to use tricky logic sometimes to figure them out. But its so challenging that I love it anyway! As for Pokemon villians, I agree that Greevil and Team Cipher are probably one of the biggest baddies. The whole game is spent defeating them! The previous villians of Pokemon Gamecube games, Team Snagem were kinda mean too. Snagem head Gonzap is just plain weird. However I like Miror B a lot. He is cool…but bad..but cool gaaah!

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-11-14 14:23:04
Anyone ever done Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for GBC or PkMn Mystery Dungeon(to the end)?

Date: 2007-11-14 17:26:28

Hmmm…..oh! I know one game that screws with my mind sometimes. But I have gotten used to that sort of thing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That game has lots of crazy puzzles and stuff and often when you have to use tricky logic sometimes to figure them out. But its so challenging that I love it anyway! As for Pokemon villians, I agree that Greevil and Team Cipher are probably one of the biggest baddies. The whole game is spent defeating them! The previous villians of Pokemon Gamecube games, Team Snagem were kinda mean too. Snagem head Gonzap is just plain weird. However I like Miror B a lot. He is cool…but bad..but cool gaaah!

Gonzap is odd indeed. He makes Team Snagem your allies in Gale of Darkness.

Miror B.'s all right. It's just if they wanted to go for a music obsessed evil villain, they should have done a guy in a rock band. He could have been like Ozzy Osbourne without the cussing and drugs and stuff…

Date: 2007-11-15 21:25:03
XD I didn't appreciate Miror B. until Gale of Darkness. In general I like the villains in the first gamecube game better. Gale of Darkness has a better play and plot though.

Speaking of which, who saw the "Cipher people inpersonating Phenac people" coming? That just blew my mind XD.

Heh, there's this one game where the bad guy was taking revenge on his rival, who had incarnated to escape all the battles in her life, by sealing her memories and power, pretending he was her father and pampering her. Apparently he got a kick that his rival now adored him as a parent. That's just plain freaky.