Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Those Games That Screw With Your Mind - Page 2

Re: Those Games That Screw With Your Mind

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-01-24 23:45:26

And he was the mayor of Phenac City who promised to help investigate into the matters. The bastard. I had no idea why he never followed through with his investigation. Then I knew why. I think he deserved to die for that. (although they wouldn't let you kill him)

[sarcasm]Yeah, thanks for telling me[/sarcasm]. I'm not that far in the game yet.

Games that messed with my mind were Mario vs. Donkey Kong (why would Donkey Kong even steal the Mini-Marios in the first place if he was a good guy and all), the ending of Driver (too unexpected, not re-collecting his officer badge after taking down the criminals), Red and Blue in GSC (bringing back past characters), the intro movie of Gex (that actually freaked me out because he got sucked into a TV O_o), Corrigan in Driver: Parallel Lines during the '77 era (commiting a murder then revealing he was a cop framing you is too unrealistic to me), and Gale of Darkness when Greevil revealed who he really was. Let's not forget Colosseum, when the mayor reveals himself as the boss whatshisname. *cough*ledzeplinIII*cough*

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-01-25 21:05:46

Ever gotten the Sign Ring in the Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons?

Yes, a real gem containing nothing but "WTF?"s.
Pikmin is just plain wierd. Imagine: You're stranded on a hostile planet, about to get eaten by a million creatures twenty times your size while attempting to repair your ship, which is in pieces scattered across the planet, before your life support runs out in 30 days… And the only help you get are these creepy little "carrot" things that just so happen to follow you around.[spoiler3=And if you manage to get off the planet…]You get back to your home planet only to find out that your boss is in huge amounts of debt and the ship that you just slaved over repairing in hostile circumstances has been sold by your cheap (insert adjective that is more degrading than any language on earth could comprehend) boss to pay off some of the debt. And what happens next? The souvenier that you brought from the planet, happens to be worth about a hundreth of the debt. So, without even a hello to your family, you get shipped off back to the planet in a run down ship, and with your incompetent co-worker.[/spoiler3] Olimar's life just has to suck…

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-02-08 21:28:55
I've never actually played the game, but I've heard that in one of the Metal Gear Solid games there's a guy called Psycho Mantis who "reads your mind" by reading the memory card. And then I think he causes the room ot sway or something. Strange.