Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Games that nobody knows about - Page 2

Re: Games that nobody knows about

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-11-16 19:15:54
Yes, that's the one.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-24 23:18:46
I love the 1st Incredibles game actually, it has good play without too much gore. I also like the Wallace and Gromit video games, don't make fun of me for it.

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-01-25 21:12:52
Makai Kingdom is a great game. Especially if you like strategy games like final fantasy tactics. It's the sequel to Disgea:Hour of Darkness if you like (or even know) that game. It's for the PS2 and kinda' does what paper mario did and mixes classic looking sprites with 3-d effects.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-02-08 21:38:43
Yeah, I know that one, but I've never seen it for sale anywhere. And I own both Disgaea and Disgaea 2. Great games, both of them. Prinnies PWN.

Another semi-sequel to Disgaea is Phantom Brave. It's an interesting game, and fun in its own way, but it's really goddamn hard. You summon Phantoms by attaching them to objects on the playfield, and the phantom's stats are altered according to what they're attached to. (Ex plants boost magic but lower attach, rocks boost attack and defense but greatly lower speed). Problem is, your Phantoms only stay on the field for so long before they disappear again, and you can only use each Phantom once, and summon 10 at a time. Not ot mention that you can fall off/get thrown off the edge of the stage, which instantly kills that char. You can do it to the enemy too, but then all the remaining enemies level up. In the dungeons the enemies throw themselves off ON PURPOSE. Ugh.

It's a good game, but not nearly as good as the true Disgaea games.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-02-09 00:21:31
I have one called Jurassic Park III: Island Attack, which is fun, yet really hard. It was my first Game Boy Advance game, yet I only got to level 3 or 4 in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Then I have an older PlayStation game called Lego Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge, which is about a Lego guy named Pepper who delivers pizzas, but his parents get kidnapped by this prisoner Lego named the Brickster, who takes them to some faraway planet and you have to destroy his robots then take a test to go in space to save your parents. Its very weird, if you ask me. Another older game I have is Gex (the Crystal Dynamics mascot in 1996), which is about a gecko who is overly obsessed with TV (he even locks himself in his own house with about 10 years worth of food just so he can watch TV). He eventually gets sucked inside the TV by the TV owner or something who is known as Rez, who wants Ge to be the new TV mascot. You have to fight throughout the TV channels and fight Rez at the end. This was actually a pretty good game, despite how old it is. Finally, I had a computer racing game known as 4x4 Evolution or something that was realistic and fun, but it had no damage systems.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-02-09 21:23:20

about a Lego guy named Pepper who delivers pizzas

Pepper Roni. It's a pun!

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-03-03 07:22:13
Ever heard of Lost Kingdom? It's a Gamecube game about summoning monsters from cards, but it was done in real time. That's a fun game.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-03-13 20:27:12
[link=http://www.gamesniped.com/2007/11/08/worlds-most-expensive-video-games/]these 10[/link] must rank high on the list of games no one has ever heard of.