Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Worst Video Game... EVER - Page 1

Worst Video Game... EVER

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2009-01-22 18:54:11
ET, the Extra Terestrial for the Atari 2600.
The worst video game of all time; so much so that they had to take truck loads of it, and dump it in a desert landfill.
Merely watching a YouTube video of this atrocity corrupts the soul with fail. I feel sorry for those that have played such a horrible game.

This is the game that I voted the worst video game of all time.
Discuss your hated video games here.

Re: Worst Video Game... EVER

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2009-01-22 22:24:09
I actually heard that that game was one of two games responsible for causing the video game crash of 1983, with the other one being Pac-Man for the Atari 2600.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-01-27 17:12:06
Action 52. Go look it up on Gamefaqs. I am in shock that somebody made that game. Not surprising to see Nintendo did not give it their seal of quality.

I saw a bunch of Youtube videos of all 52 games in it. I am now traumatized.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-01-27 21:05:49
Therewas one other game that I heard about, where…I don't even want to talk about it. Some may know which game I mean. Luckily I never owned it. To me looks worse than ET, but haven't seen a video of ET, so…yeah.

Date: 2009-01-27 21:35:29
Here's another one:

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing for PC.

HORRENDOUS game.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-03 18:05:19

Therewas one other game that I heard about, where…I don't even want to talk about it. Some may know which game I mean. Luckily I never owned it. To me looks worse than ET, but haven't seen a video of ET, so…yeah.

I know which one: Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker. I enjoyed it just because of the Special move which is retarded as hell. (Micheal Makes all the enemies dance with him and then they take damage or die.) I played the Arcade and Genesis version. (between you and me I liked the Arcade version better. Micheal Jackson in arcade game: KA ME HA ME HAAAAA! Ohhh here comes a boss! Time to transform into a kick ass robot with guns for hands.)
Back when it was new it was a great game and received high praise from reviewers. When Jackson was labeled a child molester however the game was seen as Garbage. Surprisingly Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was spared the same fate thanks to some quick thinking by Sega Technical Institute and Sonic Team to fire him and have his recording team do the soundtrack instead.

The Genesis version always creeped me out when you opened the door and the little girl said "Micheal!" Actually after hearing it enough I wasn't as creeped out anymore. (it is still very creepy though.) Micheal, you are a good singer but a very creepy person. Only show your face to compose music! XD

Date: 2009-02-03 18:06:24

I know which one: Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker. I enjoyed it just because of the Special move which is retarded as hell. (Micheal Makes all the enemies dance with him and then they take damage or die.) I played the Arcade and Genesis version. (between you and me I liked the Arcade version better. Micheal Jackson in arcade game: KA ME HA ME HAAAAA! Ohhh here comes a boss! Time to transform into a kick ass robot with guns for hands.)
Back when it was new it was a great game and received high praise from reviewers. When Jackson was labeled a child molester however the game was seen as Garbage. Surprisingly Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was spared the same fate thanks to some quick thinking by Sega Technical Institute and Sonic Team to fire him and have his recording team do the soundtrack instead.

The Genesis version always creeped me out when you opened the door and the little girl said "Micheal!" Actually after hearing it enough I wasn't as creeped out anymore. (it is still very creepy though.) Micheal, you are a good singer but a very creepy person. Only show your face to compose music! XD

Uhhh…..wow.  D:

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-03 18:15:55
Worst game, ever huh? I'll have to say an old horror game favorite of mine, is Nightmare Creatures on PS1. The final boss, Adam Crowley, will never fucking die! The bastard just won't die! I use all sorts of combo moves, on him yet he doesn't die… All I've been able to find over the Internet, is N64 guides to the game, when I only have the PS1, version at that time I never knew of Nightmare Creatures, in my young days, hell I didn't even have an N64, until I was like, 11 or 12. Nightmare Creatures was released in 1997, when I was 9 years old when I was playing it, and for years, I've never been able to beat the the final boss on the level The Roofs (Final level). *Sighs*

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-02-03 19:56:51
I've played E.T. and my fingers felt like they were going fall off and I was gonna puke and I was gonna beat my head off a wall so I stopped.

Also, SUPERMAN 64 and Atari Jaguar games.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-02-06 16:51:06

Actually, it was C*****s R*****e.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-02-06 18:44:34
Eh? I can't understand that, Sherkel. Another worse game, known to me… Hmm, I would have to say Silent Hill 0rigins. The graphics are nice but since America made it, it just doesn't have that Silent Hill feel to it, anymore. I mean Team Silent Hill of Japan, were fucking brilliant! They made Silent 1 to 4, and they are what I would call Silent Hill games! But, Silent Hill 0rigins, doesn't. The music, is beautiful once again by Mr. Akira Yamaoka, but the game it's self, doesn't feel that scary feeling the other games have. Silent Hill, the original game I played when I was 11, scared the hell out of me and still does, that is what I call a horror game, of Silent Hill, but SH0, doesn't. SHV:Homecoming, is gonna be a let down too. (Silent Hill 5: Homecoming - Silent Hill V: Homecoming, so the reason I called 0rigins, is because it's what it is called in English. Japanese version is Silent Hill Zero.)

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2009-02-10 05:48:14
I would say Wario:Master of Disguise. Play control is absolutely ATROCIUS.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-02-13 19:40:29

Action 52. Go look it up on Gamefaqs. I am in shock that somebody made that game. Not surprising to see Nintendo did not give it their seal of quality.

I saw a bunch of Youtube videos of all 52 games in it. I am now traumatized.

I agree, that game was terrible.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-02-13 19:58:49
C*****s R*****e?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-02-14 00:40:20
I finally understood that now. Custer's Revenge.