Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up - Page 2

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up

Posted by: IttyBitty
Date: 2009-11-20 08:57:00

Unfortunately, it didn't live up to Brawl; not even close. Thank you, UBIsoft, for cramming RABBIDS into our '25th anniversary' TMNT game. O_o

Contrary to what people believe, it was NOT supposed to be a 25th Anniversary game. It was to be released FOR the Anniversary, however.
And to what it seems, it is only the first game in a series….
And I can accept the Ninja Rabbid. The Raving Rabbid? Used to promote Rabbids Go Home, so I don't mind too terribly. (He sucks, though) But Splinter Rabbid? Why have any Splinter Cell reference WITHOUT Sam Fischer?!?

I don't care what the rabbids were- ninja, Splinter Cell, whatever! This is a Ninja Turtles game. Promoting another game by sticking random characters into this one is….ugh!
….Besides that, the 'story' of arcade mode was ridiculous.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-11-20 17:54:38

I don't care what the rabbids were- ninja, Splinter Cell, whatever! This is a Ninja Turtles game. Promoting another game by sticking random characters into this one is….ugh!

I agree. The story could have been better. Where's the VILLAIN side?!?
Also, the Ninja Rabbid is a "Ninja Turtle Rabbid", which is why I accept it. It's a TMNT game by Ubisoft, so I expected something on the order of Ninja Rabbid.

Date: 2009-11-20 19:39:47

Also, the Ninja Rabbid is a "Ninja Turtle Rabbid", which is why I accept it. It's a TMNT game by Ubisoft, so I expected something on the order of Ninja Rabbid.

…It's still a Rabbid. Rabbids was a good game, but….it's a rabbid. In a beat-em-up game. No.
My issue isn't with the lack of a villain, but rather the taking of random plot points from pervious episodes (oh no…the teleportal AGAIN), of you fighting Karai in the forest for no reason, and of her apparently wanting to shame her father and take over the clan. That….that just doesn't happen. Karai doesn't DO that.

Date: 2009-11-20 19:41:18

…It's still a Rabbid. Rabbids was a good game, but….it's a rabbid. In a beat-em-up game. No.
My issue isn't with the lack of a villain, but rather the taking of random plot points from pervious episodes (oh no…the teleportal AGAIN), of you fighting Karai in the forest for no reason, and of her apparently wanting to shame her father and take over the clan. That….that just doesn't happen. Karai doesn't DO that.

Agreed. AND the lack of certain characters…

Date: 2009-11-21 17:47:06

Precisely. Where's Bishop? Hun? Usagi? Stockman? And instead we get Cyber-Shredder (pixie-pink spikes and all….) and the Utrominator, who was mentioned and seen in one episode and never actually did anything.

…At least the Turtles Forever movie was 100% better than this game…

Date: 2009-11-21 17:53:17

Precisely. Where's Bishop? Hun? Usagi? Stockman? And instead we get Cyber-Shredder (pixie-pink spikes and all….) and the Utrominator, who was mentioned and seen in one episode and never actually did anything.

…At least the Turtles Forever movie was 100% better than this game…

Cyber Shredder was an Alternate Costume, so I'm fine with that. And they're ORANGE.
And I like Utrominator. He is a great replacement to Krang, who personally, didn't picture in this game.

Date: 2009-11-21 22:23:51
They're still bright neon pixie-colored. NOT ninja-esque, or threatening.
But the Utrominator has no role in anything. At all. It was shown onscreen for 5 seconds and mentioned once. And that was it. Now Donny's giant robot? The Karai-bot? The giant mecha-SAINW Shredder? Those guys at least DID something….
…I wanted Bishop and I wanted Usagi. 'Nuf said.

Date: 2009-11-21 23:31:08

But the Utrominator has no role in anything. At all. It was shown onscreen for 5 seconds and mentioned once. And that was it. Now Donny's giant robot? The Karai-bot? The giant mecha-SAINW Shredder? Those guys at least DID something….

Usagi had licensing issues.
Bishop is TOO badass to be wasting his time in a fighting game where he can LOSE.
Hun, Traximus, Leatherhead, Slash, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Baxter Stockman should have been in.

Date: 2009-11-22 12:27:21

Usagi had licensing issues.
Bishop is TOO badass to be wasting his time in a fighting game where he can LOSE.
Hun, Traximus, Leatherhead, Slash, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Baxter Stockman should have been in.

Dunno, Bishop's a nasty fighter- he'd be cool.
Yes, yes, yes, maybe, yes, yes, and yes (pick a robot suit, any robot suit).

Maybe Krang in his 'Superkrang' body…

Date: 2009-11-22 12:43:29

Dunno, Bishop's a nasty fighter- he'd be cool.
Yes, yes, yes, maybe, yes, yes, and yes (pick a robot suit, any robot suit).

Maybe Krang in his 'Superkrang' body…

Maybe on Krang..
How about Aska from Tournament Fighters?
Or Slashuur from TMNT 2: Battle Nexus?

Date: 2009-11-22 14:16:14
Never played Tournament Fighters, so I can't say about Aska…
Slashuur, yes. Despite the fact that he sadly never appeared in the TV series, he was cool- and the energy drain was awesome.

Date: 2009-11-22 14:35:23

Slashuur, yes. Despite the fact that he sadly never appeared in the TV series, he was cool- and the energy drain was awesome.

He should've been in the Battle Nexus part in the show.
And who wouldn't want to play a Samurai Utrom?

Date: 2009-11-23 00:27:59

He should've been in the Battle Nexus part in the show.
And who wouldn't want to play a Samurai Utrom?

*chuckle* Good point. Despite how many times the actualy Battle Nexus game had me screaming and wanting to throw things at the TV, Slashuur was indeed cool.
Hmm…. *fanfic bunnies being to bite*

Date: 2009-11-23 00:33:16
Also, we should've had Rat King.

But enough about what should have been.
What is your main?

Date: 2009-11-23 09:48:51

Also, we should've had Rat King.

But enough about what should have been.
What is your main?

Rat King….interesting idea.
Uhm…for the 25 minutes I played it when I rented it, I think I was using Don… =_=