Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

E3 2010 Discussion - Page 3

Re: E3 2010 Discussion

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-18 13:22:32

[size=1]I'm loving the 3DS. They're remvamping Ocarina of Time for it! I remember reading something about them saying that revamping for the 3DS will be leading up to a full remake.<3
Also, it makes me wonder if Gen6 would be a full 3D game with graphics like XD/Colosseum but similar gameplay to the handheld games.[/size]

I vote for a SSB game for the 3DS!

FINALLY! Someone else here who agrees with me on that!

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-06-18 13:53:08

*facepalm*
"Rehashes"?
"Remakes"?
"Reuses"?

Has anyone here heard of the word "Sequel"? As in, something that comes after another chronologically?
Or "Continuation"? As in, not a sequel, but related to a series?

And most (key word, MOST) "new" game ideas nowadays either suck, are another damn shooter, or are another damn shooter that sucks. Then there's the fourth one: Too obscure to where no one gives a crap about them.
This is why SEQUELS and CONTINUATIONS of successful franchises will dominate.

And there's the end to that crap. Fortunately, sequels ARE enough to keep major fans and newcomers happy, and as long as you can successfully milk a series, like Nintendo has with Pokemon, there'll be people wanting it like crazy, and the money comes in. A simple success story. Back on topic…

I wonder if they're gonna talk a little about Black and White.

I'm sorry, I'm just sick to death of sequels. If they can't make good new games, why should I support their sequels? Even Pixar has fallen prey to "sequel sickness"; they only have one original movie coming up. It's a cross industry illness, and I guess I'm just going to have to deal with (excuse my terminology) fantards like you who say "OH THERE'S A NEW ZELDA GAME I'M GOING TO SPEND MONEY ON IT BECAUSE IT HAS LINK IN IT AND THERE'S A NEW WEAPON OLOLOLOL!!1!11ELEVEN!" </rant>

Of course, I'm a complete hypocrite because I'm going to get White Version, but Pokemon's owned my soul since I was three.

Posted by: Naitekiakki
Date: 2010-06-18 14:50:57
[size=1]Zelda has been a big part of my life since I was 4. I spent hours in front of the screen staring at those polygons. I grew up playing every new game that came out as the story developed with darker and darker themes. It's like the game grew with me. I continue to buy the game because it offers new features, characters, additions to the plot. Just like Pokemon games, the new ones are different every time and it all builds up.

Please do not bash on squeals of a game just because you don't play that game. You should be able to understand since you're also spending money on a game that's had countless squeals.[/size]

Date: 2010-06-18 15:18:04
Yeah, that was out of line. Perhaps it's mere frustration with the whole industry. Sometimes sequels are made just to make more money, sometimes for the enjoyment of the players/audience, sometimes both. Ripoffs, on the other hand, are still a problem, as are things that simply don't work. Cases in point: Sony's Move controller and the Kinect catastrophe. Nintendo may be making sequels, but at least they a) are original franchises and b) work.

Date: 2010-06-18 17:15:09
No shit, that was out of line!
You f***ing called Destinatus and I fantards!

And for what? The fact you're angry at sequels?
I believe we are entitled to an apology, especially considering that you backtracked about Nintendo making sequels, which is what the two of us were talking about.

Posted by: Naitekiakki
Date: 2010-06-18 18:38:54
[size=1]It's over with Chaos, just let it go okay? :] She admitted she was out of line.[/size]

Date: 2010-06-18 20:10:11
I'm sorry that you felt personally offended, Chaos and everyone else. I had a negative reaction and took it out on other people, and that's not okay.

Date: 2010-06-18 20:25:04
Apology accepted.
I can't tell you how many times I've done something like that…. ;)
EDIT: And another game that is interesting to me is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (yes, another sequel, but this one was heavily anticipated for YEARS.)
Deadpool is such a nut.
"YOU PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON!!" when he dies.

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-19 08:09:43
Lol.

…Is E3 over?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2010-06-19 15:40:00

Lol.

…Is E3 over?
Yes it is.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2010-06-19 15:40:41
Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft

Date: 2010-06-19 16:47:11
…Crap.

I can wait until next year though. Because THEN the biggest achievements will be revealed.

…Did Nintendo wait until the end to reveal something BIG? I never finished watching.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2010-06-21 00:33:23
Sums it up.

Portal looks cool.

Wish they had shown The Last Guardian, but all in due time.

Date: 2010-06-21 00:40:05

Sums it up.

Portal looks cool.

Wish they had shown The Last Guardian, but all in due time.

Yeah, pretty much.

Date: 2010-06-21 06:04:52
Mm-hmm.