Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Xbox ONE - Page 1

Xbox ONE

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-06-15 03:29:05
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT IF YOU GET YOUR LIVE ACCOUNT BANNED YOU HAVE TO REBUY ALL YOUR GAMES

http://bit.ly/1adNLVI

HOW COOL IS THAT SHIT! I TOTALLY WANT TO GET AN XBOX ONE NOW ON TOP OF ALL THE OTHER BULLSHIT THEY'RE THROWING AT US…

[me=Photon-Phoenix]gets hit in the face with another chunk of Xbox ONE Bullshit.[/me]

MMMM THAT ONE HAD CORN IN IT!

Re: Xbox ONE

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2013-06-15 03:40:19
I had a feeling this was coming, which was why I switched to PC a long time ago. No offense to console gamers.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-06-15 17:45:54
So, let's recount the BS that the XBone(r) has to offer.

- Fee to play used games (No, there is not supposed to be an R in Fee.)
- Only can play in supported countries
- Always has to be on, with online connection every 24 hours to play games
- Kinect 2 is always watching you.
- Have to have at least a 1.5 MBps connection speed to use
- Not backwards compatible
- If you get banned, you lose all of your games
- Possibly games upward of $80

WHAT A GREAT CONSOLE

Date: 2013-06-15 18:17:09
You forgot TV, and SPORTS.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2013-06-16 00:43:44
If I get one for my birthday or christmas in the following years, I'll probably destory it with my wedge hammer and record a video of it just to show what I think of Microsoft.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-06-16 00:44:32
you mad?  O_o

It's Microsoft's new home computer guys, so if you don't like like it, don't buy it. Personally I think it's stupid myself, so just boycott that crap and give the company a piece of your mind with money, because words fail to get the message across.

8) so don't be a noob leave it off youtube. [size=2pt]and keep that 100 and something dollars in your pocket, you'd probably be happier buying a computer at this rate… even nintendo is being a bit douchey[/size]

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2013-06-16 00:54:37
I told them on Twitter:
"Hey Xbox do us a favor and take your terms of use and shove them as far as possible up your ass. You money hungry bastards."

I don't care about my Twitter account anyway. I hardly use it lol.

Date: 2013-06-16 01:11:09

I told them on Twitter:
"Hey Xbox do us a favor and take your terms of use and shove them as far as possible up your ass. You money hungry bastards."

I don't care about my Twitter account anyway. I hardly use it lol.

Out of curiosity, do you think they care? I mean they have probably 1,000,000's of fans crying and cutting themselves, cussing them out on a daily basis. Do you really think they heard or care what you said?

Fun Fact: Businesses have one language they understand, Money. ACDC INTERMISSION

It is said, "one man can change the world", however that only means one man can inspire the world. The world will change only when it comes together and decides to change, the man only has the power to try to bring it together.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2013-06-16 01:38:26
The good thing about the Xbox One is that I can refer to the original Xbox as "Xbox -1" for the sake of brevity and clarity.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-06-16 01:51:58
The XBOX timeline:

Xbox 1
Xbox Fun
Xbox Done

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-16 03:52:17

Fun Fact: Businesses have one language they understand, Money.

There is also a second language that some of them speak and some still need an interpreter for: Publicity. If they get enough of the bad kind (such as everyone on Twitter pointing out how Microsoft fails horribly), something could happen. Not necessarily, of course, but why not give it a shot? It'll be funny to see Glisp's video, even in the likely scenario that nobody at Microsoft will see it.

Date: 2013-06-16 04:27:01
Oh, you're now able to share your games with up to 10 people, but only 1 guy at a time.  It's over the internet and if your account gets banned then D'OH!

Date: 2013-06-16 20:12:08
XD I went to my local game shop and they had a bumper sticker that said F*CK XBOX ONE.
Brilliant.

Fun Fact: Businesses have one language they understand, Money.

There is also a second language that some of them speak and some still need an interpreter for: Publicity. If they get enough of the bad kind (such as everyone on Twitter pointing out how Microsoft fails horribly), something could happen. Not necessarily, of course, but why not give it a shot? It'll be funny to see Glisp's video, even in the likely scenario that nobody at Microsoft will see it.

If people buy it knowing its bad, it still gives them profit. :/ so you tell me, what speaks louder?

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-06-16 20:25:08
Nonono. It still gives them money, but there's a big difference between money and profit. Windows 8 recieved some negative criticism, and followed by all the negative criticism on Xbox One so far, that could hurt microsoft's credibility.

Bad publicity and money are all the same language. If you hear something is terrible but know the previous one was great, you might buy it, as is the case with Xbox One. But if you here something new is terrible and you know the previous one was bad, you are a lot less likely to buy it.

Publicity -> Reputation -> Money -> Profit.

Date: 2013-06-16 21:09:09

Nonono. It still gives them money, but there's a big difference between money and profit. Windows 8 recieved some negative criticism, and followed by all the negative criticism on Xbox One so far, that could hurt microsoft's credibility.

Bad publicity and money are all the same language. If you hear something is terrible but know the previous one was great, you might buy it, as is the case with Xbox One. But if you here something new is terrible and you know the previous one was bad, you are a lot less likely to buy it.

Publicity -> Reputation -> Money -> Profit.

That's fine, but you do realize that Microsoft has millions of fans who will buy it anyways… Not to mention that the hardware seems pretty basic compared to the wii u, which means cheaper price tag….  with a cheaper price , the more likely the parents will buy it without care. You can rant and rave on youtube all you want, I have my doubts of its significance. If one person makes a funny video about how the xbox one sucks, expect trillions of more videos that copy that. I pretty much know that almost everybody and their mom will do it. By purchasing it, you're leaving a bad review, but still giving money on the product on its release. That itself is profit, considering how cheap they were to make. (3d printing isn't the most durable or expensive thing)