Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games Discussion

Xbox ONE - Page 2

Re: Xbox ONE

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2013-06-16 21:40:52
They replied to me lol: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/346306549846777857 after they replied they called me a "sensationalist" I replied with taunting them about buying a PS4. Some people in #retro got a kick out of it. The Silver TH was Chris Highwind in #retro.

It's not the first time I've done something like this. I did something similar to Sega a couple years back when they C&D'd Streets of Rage Remake. That was on Facebook though.

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-06-16 21:45:57
I'm not the guy who's buying it. I'm a PC guy and always will be.

And I expect the results to hit the next one, not this one. Though they might hit the "I might buy it cause my friends use it" crowd.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-06-17 00:23:08

Nonono. It still gives them money, but there's a big difference between money and profit. Windows 8 recieved some negative criticism, and followed by all the negative criticism on Xbox One so far, that could hurt microsoft's credibility.

Bad publicity and money are all the same language. If you hear something is terrible but know the previous one was great, you might buy it, as is the case with Xbox One. But if you here something new is terrible and you know the previous one was bad, you are a lot less likely to buy it.

Publicity -> Reputation -> Money -> Profit.

That's fine, but you do realize that Microsoft has millions of fans who will buy it anyways… Not to mention that the hardware seems pretty basic compared to the wii u, which means cheaper price tag….  with a cheaper price , the more likely the parents will buy it without care. You can rant and rave on youtube all you want, I have my doubts of its significance. If one person makes a funny video about how the xbox one sucks, expect trillions of more videos that copy that. I pretty much know that almost everybody and their mom will do it. By purchasing it, you're leaving a bad review, but still giving money on the product on its release. That itself is profit, considering how cheap they were to make. (3d printing isn't the most durable or expensive thing)

It's $499, more expensive than the Wii U or PS4

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-06-19 12:30:10

It's $499, more expensive than the Wii U or PS4

Okay they are officially retards on all levels. I checked the specs on that Kinect re hash (it's the same specs as the Kinect from what I saw), and I can wire one myself for about $50-$70 if I had a program that would auto install the driver. The casing is cheap, the hardware isn't too much to look at, and I'd go as far as to say the NES speedboard is more marketable than this. So everyone PLEAAASSEE just don't buy it. I don't care how bad you want to review it, don't buy it. It's filth and it speaks for itself.

They replied to me lol: https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/346306549846777857 after they replied they called me a "sensationalist" I replied with taunting them about buying a PS4. Some people in #retro got a kick out of it. The Silver TH was Chris Highwind in #retro.

It's not the first time I've done something like this. I did something similar to Sega a couple years back when they C&D'd Streets of Rage Remake. That was on Facebook though.

Wow, I didn't even know their customer service was worse than the drug dealer behind the gas station. Seriously, Glisp, would you mind throwing in a tweet for me? (hope it doesn't exceed the character limit)
in response to
[quote author=Xbox One Support]@Glisp A slightly closer look at the facts, rather than sensationalism, might surprise you. Do you have a specific concern? ^LB

"@XboxSupport1 Yes, I have a specific concern with the quality of the service I am receiving. To take a suggestion, no matter how small it may be, should be taken more professionally than what I received. To merely state that my opinion about improvement is 'wrong' and leave it at that is unacceptable. You, as an employee, cannot state that is 'fact' when the process hasn't even started. Changes could be made, delays can happen, and any number of things could go wrong. I hope you take this suggestion seriously if you won't take others."

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-06-19 18:35:23
-wistful sigh-

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Anyone help me. Help me be reassured that this console will fail.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2013-06-20 04:32:59
>Microsoft does exactly what people want and what they should have done from day 1
>still complain about it

okay.jpg

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2013-06-20 10:38:32
I can't stand Microsoft though. Especially their fanbase. "OMG MICROSOFT IS THE BEST CONSOLE EVER NINTENDO IS FOR LITTLE KIDS"

I'd just like to see what happens when their console is especially crappy.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2013-06-20 15:41:06
"Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray."

Xbox ONE lost its edge in load times.

Posted by: xtreme713ify
Date: 2015-01-24 16:40:05

"Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray."

Yeah, it doesn't take a brain to figure that shit out.

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2015-01-24 18:05:36
Xbone is a perfect gem full of s**t, and an example, of why Microsoft's Xbox branch is terrible:

Their logic: Profit > The half of the population that isn't braindead > Their opinions > Everything else > [glow=black,2,300]QUALITY[/glow]