Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

Tournament of Non-evolutionary Pokemon!!! - Page 2

Re: Tournament of Non-evolutionary Pokemon!!!

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-05-05 18:41:24
Round 1:
First Match: Lunatone vs. Kecleon
Vote away.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2010-05-16 20:41:20
I vote for Lunatone.

Also, you forgot Phione, and you misspelled Qwilfish (I HATE that!)

Date: 2010-05-16 20:43:15

I vote for Lunatone.

Also, you forgot Phione, and you misspelled Qwilfish (I HATE that!)

Phione is a Legendary.

And I will fix Qwilfish.

Date: 2010-05-16 20:57:14
Kecleon begins the fight with Shadow Sneak, which makes a super-effective hit. Lunatone follows with Hypnosis. Kecleon falls asleep. Lunatone then uses Future Sight, which does nothing for now. Kecleon is still asleep. Lunatone uses Psychic. Kecleon takes a nasty hit, but is still asleep. Lunatone uses Psychic again. Kecleon is low on health. Kecleon woke up. Kecleon uses Shadow Claw, which knocks Lunatone to slightly less than half health. Kecleon is hit with Future Sight. Kecleon faints.
Lunatone moves on to the next round.

Next match:
Seviper vs. Miltank

Date: 2010-05-16 20:59:38
Seviper.  DEFINITELY Seviper.

And Phione is NOT a legendary.  Manaphy is, Phione isn't.  Please don't make me argue the point, I've done more than enough of that on Bulbapedia.

Date: 2010-05-16 21:12:29

Seviper.  DEFINITELY Seviper.

And Phione is NOT a legendary.  Manaphy is, Phione isn't.  Please don't make me argue the point, I've done more than enough of that on Bulbapedia.

But you are WRONG. Phione is considered a Legendary despite being able to breed. (Because it's parent, Manaphy is a Legendary, and it BREEDS to make it.)
It's like God and the Son of God. God is Holy, and because He made Jesus, Jesus is Holy by association.

Date: 2010-05-16 21:21:10
An official HeartGold/SoulSilver guidebook, published by The Pokemon Company International, specifically says that Phione is not a legendary, due to its ability to lay eggs that hatch into more Phione.

Date: 2010-05-16 21:28:59
Not everything a guidebook says is true.
And through that logic, Manaphy is not a Legendary, as it breeds.
And Ditto must be a Legendary, because you cannot make another Ditto through breeding.

Date: 2010-05-16 21:32:25
It was printed by the Pokemon Company International, the same guys who run the official Pokemon website.  If we can't take their word, who can we trust?

And Manaphy can breed, but only to create Phione.  I think they only did that to make sure people couldn't get multiple Manaphy.  And if they intended to have a legendary that you could get more than one of, what would be the whole point of Phione?  Just make Manaphy lay more Manaphy eggs!

And if Ditto is a legendary by that logic, so is Unown.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this thread into a whole debate on Phione's legendary status.  I speak from experience when I say that such debates can last a while.

Date: 2010-05-16 21:37:53
Note, in a translated JAPANESE guidebook (Y'know, where Pokemon is FROM?) Phione is a Legendary.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-05-16 21:38:51
Just a quick question: Are the battles conducted using some sort of battle simulator, or do you just make them up completely?
If it's the latter, this thread belongs in Role Plays.

Date: 2010-05-16 21:43:00

Just a quick question: Are the battles conducted using some sort of battle simulator, or do you just make them up completely?

This cheap battle simulator that kind of sucks, so I make up SOME parts.
And it's not role playing if I am the only one that makes the story in this case.

Date: 2010-05-16 21:51:37

And it's not role playing if I am the only one that makes the story in this case.

Single player role playing is still role playing. If anything, it's even worse role playing.

Date: 2010-05-16 22:54:43
But it's not really role-playing.
The original plan was to have people vote on a Pokemon, and the Pokemon with the most votes within a few days wins. I just add what happens as a bonus. (To make it not boring.)
EDIT: And like I said in my One Piece thread, I would appreciate it if you would VOTE or not post. If you have qualms, say them through PM, as to not clutter up these threads with your "concerns".

Date: 2010-05-16 22:56:11

But it's not really role-playing.
The original plan was to have people vote on a Pokemon, and the Pokemon with the most votes within a few days wins. I just add what happens as a bonus. (To make it not boring.)

Fair enough, then. I was a bit confused as to what the game was about.