Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Role Plays

Random roleplay! :P - Page 1

Random roleplay! :P

Posted by: James-the-Charizard
Date: 2019-09-10 12:00:02
If anyone wants to do it, just reply below. My style may differ from others…

Greg (A Chespin): *Playing a Pokémon game but glitching it*
(Hey I figured to stay on topic so hes glitching. XP)

Re: Random roleplay! :P

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-09-10 13:00:58
(Random Clefairy manifests in real life): "Hey dude! Wanna jump into the world of Pokémon, you can become a glitch Pokémon too!?" ^_^ 8)

Date: 2019-09-10 13:08:39
(Clefairy used Metronome/Teleport. XD)
Greg: WAH?! *Taken aback by the sudden Clefairy* W-Who are you?!

Date: 2019-09-10 13:29:52
(After the unfortunate Metronome>Teleport, Clefairy warps through the ceiling at faster than light speed, only to wrap around the universe having bumped her head after touching the ceiling)

Clefairy: Ouch @_@. (Clefairy dizzily explains)

Pleased to meet ya. My name is y R | 4 . :> I'm a Level 109 Clefairy with glitch moves. I come from the glitch world which is at a parallel world to this one; the world we call Earth. :3 Mario sent me here from doing too many backward long jumps; creating a rip in the space time continuum and sending me to a parallel universe.

And now I can't get back. I can only enter other worlds through monitors and screens. But this world is boring :/ the only glitches are in politics. I'm kind of lonely you wanna glitch together? I know Super Glitch. Now, humans can become any glitch Pokémon they want within the generation you're playing. If you like take your pick from any of the known glitch Pokémon. :)

Date: 2019-09-10 13:35:12
Greg: *Just plain confused* I dont know what I just heard… Whatever I guess… I'm a Chespin and my name is Greg. Greg Graszki.

Date: 2019-09-10 13:51:49
y R | 4: OK nice to meet you Greg :).

(Greg the Chespin and y R | 4 the Clefairy are sucked into the Pokémon game.)

y R | 4: Umm which Pokémon game is this? (y R | 4 offers a bag of glitch TMs. Some can only be used in one generation/set of games)

Date: 2019-09-10 13:57:06
Greg: *Scratches his head* I think I was playing a cartridge copy of Pokémon Blue…

Date: 2019-09-10 14:31:32
y R | 4 : "Cool. So I have about eight of those, but there is the four move limit. Take your pick." :

y R | 4 offers glitch TMs containing the following:

(y R | 4 ) moves to the Celadon Mansion safe spot. y R | 4: "I have infinite X-Accuracies and a normally non-existent infinite PP item as well, so missing/running out of PP is not an issue."

(Descriptions for glitch moves suddenly pop up in-game):

Glitch Move 0xA6 (Super Glitch): This move alone is unremarkable, but in most areas simply messing around with it glitches up the game. Fortunately I have an anti-freeze device in my bag that also limits the corruptions to still make the game playable, but it still is quite dangerous to the game.

TM13: Raises your evasion like a lot but no damage.

TM09: The strongest move in the game (255 power) and halves Defense during calculation). Sets things on fire.

TM23: Like TM09 (255 power) and also drains health like Mega Drain. Doesn't half Defense though.

"-" (move 0) : This is like Super Glitch but less dangerous and you can use it at certain places to get different wild Pokémon you want by transforming other ones.

TM27: Swords Dance but Ice-type. It will raise your Attack but be careful the swords don't melt.

TM06: Now this move unlike TM09 and TM23 are average power (power 55), but if it doesn't knock out the opponent the game will freeze. With my anti-freezer, it will stop time and let you walk through walls instead.

TM10: This one is a little stronger than TM06 (power 74) but if it doesn't knock out the opponent you get arbitrary code execution except it's hard to control. Makes you grow larger.

TM55: Does nothing and elapses a turn. I don't know why they sold this one to me.

HM01: This one is strange. It's a fairly good (94 power) move, but if it doesn't KO it leads you to believe you didn't use it, which could be bad or not so bad depending on the situation.

Date: 2019-09-10 14:41:22
Greg: Woah… This is so cool! I always did glitch a bit, this is on a whole new scale. I like 4 of those TMs. Hm… *Inspects each description* I'll make use of 06, 09, 13, & 27.
(He doesnt wanna kill them all with Super Glitch. XD)

Date: 2019-09-10 14:45:40
y R | 4 : Good taste ^^ Here you go :3

What you wanna do? Want to make use of the glitch moves right now or exploit a certain glitch of your choice like old man glitch, Trainer escape glitch etc.? (I have a Surfboard and know Fly so yeah that brings two glitches down)

Date: 2019-09-10 14:49:31
Greg: Battle testing. Wanna use these moves in battle. Also I need a name to call ya… Your name is really complex…

Date: 2019-09-10 15:36:51
Glitchy Clefairy: Hmm well I'm "y R u 4" basically. Guess you can call me Yasmine (Ruby) 4.

(After she lets Greg learn the moves from the TMs he wants, Yasmine the Clefairy leads Greg to the talls grass east of Celadon City. Suddenly, a wild Vulpix appears.)

Yasmine: Aww it's cute!

Date: 2019-09-10 15:44:34
Greg: I know a Vulpix in the real world. His name is Eli. ^^

Date: 2019-09-11 22:21:27
Yasmine: Adorable. He nice? ^^

Umm.. I feel bad if we hurt this Vulpix, can we catch it so it can join our team and teach it some of our glitch TMs?

[If anyone joins in and wants to be the Vulpix that would be nice :)]

(Vulpix looks happy. Instead of attacking, it patiently waits for the decision and so Yasmine encounters a Rattata instead. She questions the ethics of harming any Pokémon in general with glitches, but reluctantly goes ahead. Yasmine though uses some magic dust so the glitch moves are at least; not any more hurtful than regular moves) [Note the glitch moves all have their own effects, this is just a plot element]

Yasmine: Greg, which glitch move do you want to use?

Date: 2019-09-11 22:24:22
Greg: *Considers being light on pain, but uses TM09 anyways, just to make the battle official*