Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Site Announcements

Beware of Islamoterrorists! - Page 2

Re: Beware of Islamoterrorists!

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-09-04 19:13:58
I doubt the incident at Serebii is related to whatever happened at Bulbapedia, and I seriously doubt CM has anything to do with it.

I've followed up on the developments in IRC, and as far as I can tell, the domain name was hijacked. I'm pretty sure neither Pojo nor Smogon are responsible for this.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2006-09-04 19:31:20
I'm sorry, but how can you be so calm?!? The guy could hack US!

Date: 2006-09-04 19:38:26

By "guy" do you mean the Islamic guy or the Serebii hacker guy?

Yeah… but who would want to hack us?

…besides Crystal Mew of course, and I doubt even he could care less.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2006-09-04 19:43:24

Or TRsRockin for that matter.

Date: 2006-09-04 19:54:20

Or TRsRockin for that matter.

That site is much more worth hacking than our little corner of the web. Unless the hacker is CM.

Perhaps the news about the Islamic hacker guys should be spread over there?

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2006-09-04 20:06:37
That's what I'm concerned about.

I do lots of Glitch research over there, and that place is a LOT bigger than this one is.

I would HATE for TRRose and Concolor to get taken off guard, so perhaps they should be warned.

Date: 2006-09-04 20:08:19

That's what I'm concerned about.

I do lots of Glitch research over there, and that place is a LOT bigger than this one is.

I would HATE for TRRose and Concolor to get taken off guard, so perhaps they should be warned.

I'll warn Rose.

Date: 2006-09-04 20:11:57
and I never really like it for this site to be compared to hers. Yes, it's oh so much bigger and it's #1 and all that, but…

… We have a larger Glitch Dex. No, really. Over 80 articles and it will break the 100 mark when I'm done with the project.

I don't like being the #2 site so much.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-09-04 20:42:40
How exactly can a domain name be hacked like this? I asked my dad (who knows all about network stuff) how a hacker could steal a domain name, and he said that the only way to do it would be to wait until the subscription on the domain name expires and then buy it for your site, because it's not exactly within reason to attempt to hack a heavily guarded DNS server. So, if the hacker did this, does this now mean that the hacker owns Serebii's domain name and that Serebii can't get it back?

Posted by: Blue Lickitung
Date: 2006-09-04 22:50:52
So we, The Glitch City Council, have decided there are two hacker teams/hackers rather than one? Wow, we are at double the risk! As for the war thing, that was of the first two. As for Serebii, I'm a little worried…

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-05 21:47:57
now serebii is Youtube. ("Sweet Transvestite"?)

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-09-05 22:11:15

So we, The Glitch City Council, have decided there are two hacker teams/hackers rather than one? Wow, we are at double the risk! As for the war thing, that was of the first two. As for Serebii, I'm a little worried…
three. turkey shoot was separate. however, I believe the serebii.net hacking is an inside job.

Posted by: Blue Lickitung
Date: 2006-09-05 23:13:03
inside job you say…..hmmm….. That sorta makes me wonder…. I don't like this at all….

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2006-09-06 00:46:05
Weird.. I visited serebii.net and it was perfectly normal.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-09-06 19:06:15
Well, I clicked it again and watched the status bar, and as soon as it said it was loading some other site, I closed the tab. I saw nothing but white though when it was loading.