Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

The human race: Stupid or not? - Page 1

The human race: Stupid or not?

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-08-31 12:17:22
In my point of view, human society is an overreactive, gullible, idiotic, hypocritical, bigostic thing. For example, people think that being stupidly scared of something isn't good, yet most people have a stupid fear of swear words. And people easily believe things, even when they don't really have a good reason to.

One of the big reasons why those huge companies are rich is because they rely on human stupidity. They trick our society into believing something stupid so they can get more money. Here's an example: http://www.questioncopyright.org/nyu_note_on_illegal_downloading

Re: The human race: Stupid or not?

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-08-31 16:33:15
We are stupid. But then, define stupid? Humans define stupid, so if we are stupid, what is smart?

Damn, I gone and confuzzled myself  ;D

Posted by: Godofdeath19
Date: 2007-08-31 16:54:59
A smart person is someone who does stuff right like meh.  I think that the human race can be very stupid.  EX. Al Gore or Hillary Clinton

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-08-31 19:53:54

One of the big reasons why those huge companies are rich is because they rely on human stupidity. They trick our society into believing something stupid so they can get more money.

Yes but, correct me if I'm wrong, humans run those companies. Making those people smart and ergo making it so the entire human race is not stupid.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-08-31 20:31:23
The human race is smarter than all the other species on Earth combined.

Posted by: Godofdeath19
Date: 2007-08-31 20:54:41
You're wrong.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-08-31 21:27:34
OK, I will, who invented houses, humans, who made techonology using their own ideas, humans, who did everything we are today because that is who we are, humans foo!!!

Date: 2007-08-31 22:04:42
But what if aliens really do exist(somewhere outside our galaxy) and they were 100 times smarter?

;D

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-08-31 22:07:41
Well humans are the dominant on THIS PLANET, EARTH, not in the universe, if there are aliens, which there is, they are/will be smarter than us.

Date: 2007-08-31 22:29:45
Okay, BUT, what if they're extremely stupid?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-09-01 01:39:49

You're wrong.

So which species of animal, plant, fungus, or bacterium is smarter than us?

Edit: No, dolphins aren't.

Posted by: qwerty
Date: 2007-09-01 02:38:14
well… yes and no.
yes: greenhouse gasses, polution etc.
no: look at the good things we've done!

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-09-01 07:13:10
If 'stupid' in this case means 'not very clever', then no.

If it doesn't, then, in a stereotypical view of the whole species, yes.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2007-09-01 15:21:37
just because we're smarter than everything else doesn't nesscerily mean that we're smart. I'm with Kyouki on this one.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-01 15:41:40

just because we're smarter than everything else doesn't nesscerily mean that we're smart. I'm with Kyouki on this one.

Obviously, with that logic, it applys to you.
If a dog is counted as smart for sitting down, we are obviously smart.

Smart is always relative to something. If you compare a smart person with a genius, the smart person is stupid, but they are smart because they are usually compaired to stupid people. The same applies to being stupid.

WTF ARE YOU COMPARING HUMANS TO?