Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

The human race: Stupid or not? - Page 2

Re: The human race: Stupid or not?

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-09-01 15:43:36

just because we're smarter than everything else doesn't nesscerily mean that we're smart. I'm with Kyouki on this one.

Obviously, with that logic, it applys to you.
If a dog is counted as smart for sitting down, we are obviously smart.

Smart is always relative to something. If you compare a smart person with a genius, the smart person is stupid, but they are smart because they are usually compaired to stupid people. The same applies to being stupid.

WTF ARE YOU COMPARING HUMANS TO?

Hey! Your human too!

Posted by: Godofdeath19
Date: 2007-09-01 16:57:56
Newo, we're comparing ourselves to aliens.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-01 16:59:36

Newo, we're comparing ourselves to aliens.

Show me this alien. How can you prove it exists?

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-01 17:48:54
How can you prove it doesn't exist?

Date: 2007-09-01 17:53:11

Can you prove that you exist?

Date: 2007-09-01 17:56:54
Hmm… I have to think about that one.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-09-01 18:39:16
I can prove I exist, you are reading what I typed, and therefore I exist because if I didn't you wouldn't be reading this in the first place, foo.

Date: 2007-09-01 18:52:04
Then you all have proved that you are stupid then.

Posted by: Godofdeath19
Date: 2007-09-01 19:14:00
ALIENS ARE REAL, THEY WILL COME TO SUCK OUT OUR BRAINS!! Lol, they're not gonna come to Earth if there are any out there :P

Posted by: Zuko 16
Date: 2007-09-01 19:34:59

As a great philosopher once said 'I think, therefore I am'

So, yes, we exist.

The human race is not 'stupid'. If we were stupid, then we wouldn't have been able to survive this long. It is true, though, that if we grow up in an enviorment that does give us a fear, or around people that we know that we can trust, then we may grow up to have that fear, or we may grow up to trust people that we shouldn't. I'm not saying that basic human stupidity comes from that, but it does contribute to it.

Bleh, I would type more, but my wrist is SERIOUSLY killing me (damn Wii), so I'll probably continue this later…

To Be Continued (dum dum DUMMmMmMm!)

Date: 2007-09-01 20:06:15
Haha, nice post.

Date: 2007-09-02 07:55:47

So, yes, we exist.

The human race is not 'stupid'. If we were stupid, then we wouldn't have been able to survive this long. It is true, though, that if we grow up in an enviorment that does give us a fear, or around people that we know that we can trust, then we may grow up to have that fear, or we may grow up to trust people that we shouldn't. I'm not saying that basic human stupidity comes from that, but it does contribute to it.

Bleh, I would type more, but my wrist is SERIOUSLY killing me (damn Wii), so I'll probably continue this later…

You can prove existance, you can prove something. Humans are not stupid. We sometime do illogical and random actions that may be classed as stupid.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2007-09-02 12:11:44

So, yes, we exist.

You can prove existance, you can prove something. Humans are not stupid. We sometime do illogical and random actions that may be classed as stupid.

Then we must also not be smart, we just sometimes do logical and meaningful actions the may be classified as smart.

Date: 2007-09-02 13:01:58

So, yes, we exist.

Then we must also not be smart, we just sometimes do logical and meaningful actions the may be classified as smart.

So we are settled, we have no great intellatual status. We are neither smart nor stupid.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-09-02 15:02:14
I'l tell you what's retarded: this thread. I so badly want to lock this, but I won't.