Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Plagiarism - Page 2

Re: Plagiarism

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-10-24 16:25:54

If you do copy them from someone but give them credit, or they don't mind receiving any credit, then it's fine in my opinion.

Thats not plagiarism. It only plagiarism if you don't give credit where credit it due. So you might be right thats its "plagiarism" if you take something but the person didn't ask for credit.  But its wrong. Outside off school when it happens there are major backlashes. Only time that it really happens in the music industry. Inside of school its a fully different story. not only are you taking credit for someone else's work and just asking for trouble, your depriving yourself of getting smarter. Some people say that that bullshit because one paper doesn't mean anything in the big picture. There wrong. That one paper required research, you didn't learn. Form there you fall behind in class, start flunking, and when you do that the get suspicious about your paper.  They call you on it, you get busted, suspended, expelled, etc etc. Now THAT does effect the big picture. So in conclusion, all plagiarism does is screw you over. Its like fixing a tare in your parachute with duck tape. It might hold the first jump. It might hold on the second, but on that third jump when it doesn't hold, your dead. So its a bad thing. ;p

Re: Plagarism

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-24 17:49:48
I did it again today!

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-27 13:51:40
Missing? NO! !! Stop that! You're only hurting yourself. Don't get in the habit! THAT'S BAD!

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-10-27 20:55:38

How immoral.

nomorals

Also, plagiarism can be okay in some ways.

If you do copy them from someone but give them credit, or they don't mind receiving any credit, then it's fine in my opinion.
then that's not plagiarism, dumbass.
also
wtf is "plagarism"?

Date: 2007-10-27 20:59:01
Is that really how it's spelled? I WAS sure that was right…

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-28 12:57:32
No, it is "plagiarism". Change the title back!

Date: 2007-10-28 14:21:09
What I want to know is: Who voted yes?

Date: 2007-10-28 18:55:56
I didn't think so.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-10-28 19:08:15

It wasn't me!

This is spam. Please don't fill up pages with pointless information, Thank you.

Date: 2007-10-28 19:10:33
He was answering my question, zach.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-28 20:14:05

What I want to know is: Who voted yes?
I did… I mean its only NOT plagrisim if the owner does not clearly say give credit..I mean if they say give credit most will but some will not…I voted yes.
Also I have stolen ideas/GFX from ppl before and only ONCE got caught ;D

Date: 2007-10-28 20:27:13
So, if you were a musician and you found a song you liked, you would steal it without permission and then claim it was your song originally and accuse them of stealing your idea?

Right. Let's go steal some Led Zeppelin songs and we'll get away with it.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-28 20:28:39

So, if you were a musician and you found a song you liked, you would steal it without permission and then claim it was your song originally and accuse them of stealing your idea?

Right. Let's go steal some Led Zeppelin songs and we'll get away with it.
I meant graphix
GFX=Graphics
Not songs
I mean songs or art like..not formally published..Like if something was on deviantart or google you could POSSIBLY steal it..Also if the song were on a dead myspace band you can steal it/could.
I've seen stealing songs happenn..trust me

Date: 2007-10-28 20:32:54
Well, Led Zeppelin covered a few songs in their early days without permission. They just didn't feel like giving credit. They ended up being forced to give the credit. They learned from it, though.

It appears I have contradicted myself.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-11-02 17:59:12
I copy mutha fuckers at my school any day, they don't give a shit, since I give them answers too at times when they need it, and I do that with people I don't know either, I help them, they help me, it's that simple, and I don't give a fuck about school either, but I'm going to try and graduate just incase, I SUCK BIG TIME at school, but I have to try of course