Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Creation vs. Evolution vs. Evo-creation - Page 2

Re: Creation vs. Evolution vs. Evo-creation

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-12-16 20:59:20
Both of you quit spamming/bickering

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-17 10:56:56
I believe that evolution exist because you can see it happening, and it is theoretically and biologically logical.
If there was no evolution then we would logically all look like Adam and Eve because we would all have the same 92 genes, 46 from Adam and 46 from Eve
And that is including gender which we can only have 2 of, so if we remove those we are left with 88 variable genes that can be seperated into groups of 44 in any order.

You can not make the billions and trillions of variations that have, currently and will exist with the same genes never changing.

Also, you can see with dogs, all dogs we keep as pets have been force evolved into the shapes we see today. Dogs have not always been the way they are today, they were previously wolf-like as current wild-dogs are. Dogs have slowly turned into a new creature, God didn't make Dogs as little fluffy things that fit in a handbag that squeak at you, because we have seen these dogs have developed over generations of the species. Although some would call this natural selection and not evolution, this natural selection causes a greater species diversity, which is what IIMarckus tells me is the theory of evolution itself.

Onto quicker and smaller example of evolution, Malaria. Malaria is a powerful virus that kills thousands because when a treatment is developed for killing it, millions of the virus die but it suddenly stops working on the virus because a single Malaria bacteria gains drug resistance and is no longer killed by this sort of drug, then that strain of virus becomes the main. There are a few microorgansim that seem to have evolved resistance, which if they didn't naturally change as a cause of mutation or other, then how does it gain this ability to rewrite a species.

How you could possibly say that evolution doesn't exist when you can see the obvious chages going on, I don't know, you must treat religion as law or be very stubbon.

I should really say something Pro-Religion so I will just say that a simple fact, How do you something from nothing, it is beyond physics as we know it so there must be something to make everything. God is an obvious solution, but honestly I think it is a massive time paradox that was made by a species at the end of time :P ~ Scrap that last comment

Because I am on a role of proving and disproving thing I will say one last point:
"evolution is a THEORY, not a FACT"
Isn't everything, You say if I jump, I will land again on the ground but it is just a theory, there is no way you can prove it will happen certainly, although it is most probably what will happen. Same applies to anything. There is no way you can prove anything, so everything is a theory, Religion and Science are both theories, Maths is theories. Everything is a theory but that itself is a theroy so should be applied in the same way.

And also most finally
[size=14pt]Super Fivex and RPBnimrod stop fighting, there will only be one winner and that is the staff[/size]

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-17 11:47:34
What is natural selection? Let's say we have a country with 100,000 citizens. Suddenly a deadly disease plagues the country, and a large number of people die. It turns out that about 8% of the population is resistant to the disease. Within a few generations, these people breed and soon 93% of the population is resistant. Did natural selection cause the resistant gene to appear, or did it already exist? Is there more or less genetic diversity in the final population?

We can see this in the malaria example. We haven't seen malaria "grow" resistance, but rather the resistant malaria strains survived and bred enough to become the majority.

Not everything related to physical appearance comes from genes. Fingerprints, for example, are not shared by identical twins, because these and certain other factors are determined by environmental conditions.

I do agree that "evolution is a theory not a fact" is a terrible argument and shouldn't be used. One problem with creationists is that few actually learn apologetics or proofs of the theory, and resort to using such weak arguments.

I should really say something Pro-Religion so I will just say that a simple fact, How do you something from nothing, it is beyond physics as we know it so there must be something to make everything. God is an obvious solution, but honestly I think it is a massive time paradox that was made by a species at the end of time :P ~ Scrap that last comment

Well, that's part of the idea is that God does what nature can't :P

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-17 12:36:25
Not everything related to physical appearance comes from genes. Fingerprints, for example, are not shared by identical twins, because these and certain other factors are determined by environmental conditions.

Most is genes though, and there is only a certain amount that the environment can do. Like is not exact of course, I look like my parents and brother, but not exactly, but my point was if we had very similar bases then we would end very similar people. You can tell that my family is mine because we look like each other.

Most of the other ideas you stated are similar to mineā€¦ I think.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-17 12:53:21

And also most finally
[size=14pt]Super Fivex and RPBnimrod stop fighting, there will only be one winner and that is the staff[/size]

Okay, I'll agree to disagree with Super Fivex. And I beg you to please, please, please not ban me. I am so sorry and I will never do that again

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-17 13:32:16
They will win by banning both of you. Just so you know.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-12-17 17:14:21

They will win by banning both of you. Just so you know.

I like this Idea.

Also, to stay somewhat on topic, I'm for the theory of evolution. I just think its more logical thats all.