Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Christopher Columbus - Page 2

Re: Christopher Columbus

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-03-11 21:30:21
By "native Americans" I did mean people of indigenous American descent, yes. And looking it up, it appears that I was wrong… :blush: Overall Indian population now is 2 million, compared to an estimated 5 to 15 million pre-Columbus. It's an increase from the 19th century, where it's thought to have been about 250,000.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-03-12 18:48:39

There are more Native Americans in America now than there were at the time of the explorers.

Where did you hear that? And, I would say that CC (and almost all of the human race) was and is 90% evil (and stupid).

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-12 20:10:08

There are more Native Americans in America now than there were at the time of the explorers.

Where did you hear that? And, I would say that CC (and almost all of the human race) was and is 90% evil (and stupid).
He looked it up again and it wasn't true.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-04-07 20:39:10
Well, I say that Columbus is a bum. He found the Caribbean, wasn't the first here, and then killed the natives!
We would have eventually found out that Europe existed.