Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

Spirits? - Page 1

Spirits?

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2008-11-23 15:42:07
Poll time.

This question usually bugs a lot of people, so I thought I'd give it the ol' Debate War to heat things up.
Are spirits real?

I believe that they are, in some sort of form.
Proof? It's yours, my friend.

As you know, we have millions of electric pulses going through our body, interacting with nerve endings, and making us do everyday actions. When you die, where does this electricity go? It certainly doesn't just fizzle out, now does it?

Re: Spirits?

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-11-23 15:43:27

As you know, we have millions of electric pulses going through our body, interacting with nerve endings, and making us do everyday actions. When you die, where does this electricity go? It certainly doesn't just fizzle out, now does it?

Voted yes, cause I believe that statement to be true.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-11-23 16:50:51
I voted yes, because when my sister was a baby and in her crib, she was sleeping one way, then, when she woke up a few hours later, she was facing another way. Babies just don't do that in a small crib. (The crib was small.) My aunt had just died, so we suspected she did it.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-11-23 16:58:45
I voted yes, since alot of strange things have happened to me since my older brother died 2 years ago. When I was living at my second house after I had to move when I was 14, I was in the small games room one evening, and I was playing Guild Wars, with a few of my online friends, so I went from there to the lounge, past my brother's ashes and to the kitchen, and as soon as I came out of the kitchen sitting there, is this little light a lady next door gave it to us for a gift, and it was turned on flashing. I picked it up and I look out of the window it was about 4am, at the time and I saw one huge bright star, and I knew it was my brother's spirit, telling me, he's still here. And so, about a while later I moved again when I was 18, into this boring flat, I was in the kitchen when the fly spray can was suddenly sitting on the cooker, then it suddenly moved on it's own without me touching it. And I see stars or when things move I know it's my brother's spirit checking up on me.

Date: 2008-11-23 17:57:26
Wow, these are some really deep answers.
Honestly, I didn't expect to get so much Yes votes.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-11-23 19:00:38
My father, has had a few strange experiences, as well like before my mother suddenly collapsed and he was about to fall asleep when he felt someone nudging him, but I was in my room asleep, and so about a while he felt someone walk past time a few nights ago as well. So, it's my brother alright.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-11-24 16:44:29
In my old house, when my rabbit died, things moved. In the middle of the night, a pincle went from the floor to the shelf, and my mom was asleep. And I never even touched it!
And untill my parents moved him to the house we where about to move to, things like that happened.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-11-24 17:00:20
You guys have had some creepy experiences. All that happened over in my house is a mirror moving from my bed to the table. (Note: Nobody touched it.)

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-11-24 17:23:52
I always have this weird feeling if I walk into my rec room, my bathroom, or some other dark room, especially at night. If I stand outside my rec room or bathroom door and a light isn't on in there, I feel like I'm being watched. I've also seen shapes and shadows move out of the corners of my eyes. Finally, I've heard noises that sound like footsteps at night on the creaky floorboards, but once I've heard loud footsteps in my rec room. That really creeped me out because I thought someone broke into my house at the time, but now I believe otherwise. Now that I'm thinking of all this, it started happening right after my dad's friend died in '01.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I heard voices that sounded like the TV in my living room one night at 2 AM. It was really creepy, as I didn't hear anybody come into my house or my brother or dad walk down the hall and turn it on. That, and my first Pok?mon Trading Card Game video game disappeared after having it for about two years.

Date: 2008-11-28 12:26:57

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I heard voices that sounded like the TV in my living room one night at 2 AM. It was really creepy, as I didn't hear anybody come into my house or my brother or dad walk down the hall and turn it on. That, and my first Pok?mon Trading Card Game video game disappeared after having it for about two years.

Now that's pretty interesting.
I haven't had any experiences myself, but it sounds like you guys've had a buttload of 'em. I'm rather jealous.

P.S. Looks like that ghost liked Pokemon too.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-11-28 13:21:17

[img]http://glitchcity.info/images/ghostsprite.gif[/img]
*shot*

Date: 2008-11-28 18:38:53

[img]http://glitchcity.info/images/ghostsprite.gif[/img]
*shot*

This one's a winner.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-11-29 01:57:46
It was about 5 years ago.
My friend and I experienced paranormal behaviour at my auntie and uncle's house out in rural England. He was staying over that night. My A+U's house is right near a graveyard that's been there for at least three hundred years or so. One night, we went out in the back garden to play hide-and-go-seek, but when he looked over to where the graveyard was, he saw a white flash, there were no cars in sight. Then we saw another white figure move around the back of the church.
My friend and I freaked like hell was breaking loose, ran back inside, and didn't go out for the next two nights.
That was probably the scariest experience I've had… Shit it was so scary!

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2008-11-29 04:59:35
That figure COULD have been a Friendly Ghost. On the other hand, it could have been a Stinky Ghost. On yet another hand it could have been a Zombie Possesser, in which case you need to stay away, or wind up with a Tiny Lil' Ghost possessing you.

Date: 2008-11-29 09:31:37

That figure COULD have been a Friendly Ghost. On the other hand, it could have been a Stinky Ghost. On yet another hand it could have been a Zombie Possesser, in which case you need to stay away, or wind up with a Tiny Lil' Ghost possessing you.

Another winner, right here.