Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

We(non staff,non administrators)should be able to vote ban staff - Page 1

We(non staff,non administrators)should be able to vote ban staff

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-18 17:59:41
People of Glitchcityforums, it is time we stand up and let the people have the power. We should have a say in the staff who abuse their power to ban. It is time we make the internet a democracy, to protect the rights of the online person. We should have authority to push back. It is time a lesser group of people should have enough power to fight back. We need to show the staff that walks on us must be stopped. We need to show them that we may be stairs, but we have loose nails.

[IMG]http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp242/minimoose34/031608cartman.jpg[/img]

Re: We(non staff,non administrators)should be able to vote ban staff

Posted by: ultraVex
Date: 2009-01-18 18:36:41
Someone likes South Park a whole lot.

And as far as normal users penalizing forum admins for misuse of conduct and all that fun stuff, one can always PM Abwayax and tell him what's going on.

Date: 2009-01-18 18:39:19
true but it is harder that way since admin isn't always on! So therefore since admin is just a person we should take matters in our own hands for once!

Date: 2009-01-18 19:01:06
hi guest

Posted by: playon999
Date: 2009-01-18 20:15:10
i object to this strongly and the staff are very helpful and more EXPERIENCED than us

basically gcl would crash and burn if we were allowed the same rights as
admins and mods

Date: 2009-01-18 20:16:52
no, not same rights. like a vote kick of a staff. like if enough people vote to kick a staff member for abuse over power or just being a dick to everybody then they get kicked!

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2009-01-18 20:19:42
Well I mean, you sort of do have a say. If you feel an Admin/Mod is abusing their power, PM them first and if that doesn't work, PM anyone who has access to the Exclusive Board, which includes anyone from Member+ to Admin rank. Don't post about personal problems with a staff member in General Discussion, though, things like this should be handled privately.

But there's usually some sort of staff member on. If there's a person you're genuinely concerned about who's abusing their power, PM one of us and we'll take a vote. :)

Date: 2009-01-18 20:23:01
AS I SAID it is time we take matters in our own hands. administrators or members are not always on! If that is the case we need a report/vote kick against staff, except creator. If a staff is kicking or banning everybody then they need to be gone asap

Date: 2009-01-18 20:24:53
PM me and I'll set up a vote if there's a problem.

Date: 2009-01-18 20:25:28
are you on glitchcitylabs 24/7?

Date: 2009-01-18 20:27:04
No, but I'm on right now.

Date: 2009-01-18 20:29:46
that is why there should be a vote kick. it would not automatically kick, it would kick only if 70%/100% vote to kick abusive staff/member/administrator. Why does this have to be so hard to explain?

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2009-01-18 20:35:39

no, not same rights. like a vote kick of a staff. like if enough people vote to kick a staff member for abuse over power or just being a dick to everybody then they get kicked!

Can I get a quick tally of how many times this has ever actually occured on the site?

And a vote for banning a staff member would require a staff member to be on to actually do the banning. So no, this would not speed things up, and it would slow things down if anything. This was a very nice speech but it is not nessacery at all and would most likely be more dangerous to the forum than beneficial.

Date: 2009-01-18 20:37:53
okay you got me there!
check my profile and view my custom title
oh by the bye phrogger do you know how to get color on the custom title?

Date: 2009-01-18 21:27:55
w8 i figured it out! as soon as he voting poles are done the FIRST administrator (other than one voting against) will receive the poles!