Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Debate Wars

We(non staff,non administrators)should be able to vote ban staff - Page 2

Re: We(non staff,non administrators)should be able to vote ban staff

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-18 22:00:51
The staff is fully capable of regulating itself. I'm all for "power to the people", but I don't see much abuse of any authority going on here, unless you're complaining about your +10 warning which, as far as I can see, is fully justified. I like to think I treat my members very well, as does the rest of the staff. I don't see many allegations of abuse on my end. If the membership has a concern that needs addressing, the membership has every right to do so.

You could also take a look at the rules (even if you already have) and perhaps try to type a bit better. "Text speak" like "w8" is not allowed here. I like that you advocate for yourself, though. Members do have rights, and I try to respect them.

Posted by: agusganog
Date: 2009-01-19 14:58:54
If you get warned its because you deserve it.

Plus there is no point in having a vote of regular members. The probability that a majority of GCL's 746 members will be on at the same time is much less than the chance that an administrator that you can contact will be on.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-01-20 12:39:09
The internet population is too stupid to have a democracy, the power should stay where it is now.