Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Calendar Events

Raikou's special day! - Page 1

Raikou's special day!

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-11-17 20:53:19
Raikou doesn't get much recognition, unlike Entei and Suicune. They starred in movies. Raikou had a special that didn't include Ash and Co. They were seem multiple times by Ash and Co. Raikou was seen by Misty's Togepi and a Houndoom we'll never see again. They ONLY thing Raikou has above the other two is: Wattson had Raikou robots guarding his Gym.
So I'm making every Monday of the 4th week of March Raikou Appreciation Day!
(March, being the 3rd month. Monday, being the second day of the week.)

Re: Raikou's special day!

Posted by: Naitekiakki
Date: 2009-11-18 15:52:23
[size=1]Yay, Raikou. =]
I've always wanted to see a movie centered around the 3 dogs.[/size]

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-11-18 17:56:06
Raikou has the coolest battle theme of any of the 3, and the coolest looks. Also, he gets an episode without the main characters. Awesome to me.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-11-18 18:00:37
Raikou deserves an appreciation day for the sole reason that is it underappreciated. Personally I don't like it very much for multiple reasons, but it's always bothered me that Entei got a movie and Suicune got a game and several episodes while Raikou was stuck with only a somewhat unpopular special.

Date: 2009-11-18 22:43:04

Raikou deserves an appreciation day for the sole reason that is it underappreciated. Personally I don't like it very much for multiple reasons, but it's always bothered me that Entei got a movie and Suicune got a game and several episodes while Raikou was stuck with only a somewhat unpopular special.

Yep. That's why I made this day, as Raikou is underappreciated.

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2009-11-20 21:01:51
Yeah, he does seem underappreciated. Its kind of weird that some legendaries are like that. I think Palkia is less popular than Dialga since it only appeared in 2 Pokemon films while Dialga was in the whole DP trilogy (Palkia was not in Giratina & the sky warrior). Groudon appeares as a boss of the main story in both mystery dungeon series as well (technically an illusion in PMD2, still a Groudon anyways) but Kyogre was a "post-game" boss in those games.

Date: 2009-11-20 22:48:20

Yeah, he does seem underappreciated. Its kind of weird that some legendaries are like that. I think Palkia is less popular than Dialga since it only appeared in 2 Pokemon films while Dialga was in the whole DP trilogy (Palkia was not in Giratina & the sky warrior). Groudon appeares as a boss of the main story in both mystery dungeon series as well (technically an illusion in PMD2, still a Groudon anyways) but Kyogre was a "post-game" boss in those games.

Don't forget Phione…

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-11-21 07:07:26
Raikou and Entei are my favorites out of the legendary trio.

Date: 2009-11-21 12:36:46

Raikou and Entei are my favorites out of the legendary trio.

Because Raikou is kind of like Jolteon?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-11-22 17:34:46
I dunno, I guess I just like electric and Fire Types.

Date: 2009-11-22 20:05:37
Entei's my favorite, but Raikou is underrated.

Date: 2009-12-11 21:12:05
Well, news has risen.
The next Pokemon Movie: "Phantom Champion Z" has Entei (the real one/SECOND MOVIE APPEARANCE!!!)), Suicune (SECOND MOVIE APPEARANCE!!), and…..RAIKOU!!!! As well as Celebi (SECOND MOVIE APPEARANCE!!!!). Unknown if Lugia and Ho-oh will appear as well. Most likely, unless there is ANOTHER movie, and they are featured in that one.

EDIT: It is now "Phantom Champion Zoroark".

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2010-03-04 09:53:33
I wonder if Raikou will actually do anything in the new movie, or if it will just be there for rabid Raikou fans like you.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-03-04 11:25:55
There is something cool about Raikou, he seems to stick out from some of the other legendaries mainly because of his cool cry and pose. I agree that he has probably hasn't been so popular because of the influence of other Pokémon such as Jolteon. When taking Suicune for example, who seems to be one of the world's favourite legendary dogs there aren't that many Pokémon that look similar to Suicune.

Date: 2010-03-22 18:41:09
Happy Raikou Appreciation Day everyone!!!

On a side note, Raikou appeared in my SoulSilver 2 days ago!