Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

King Homer makes his triumphant return. - Page 1

King Homer makes his triumphant return.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-12-07 17:49:01
I'm back from a brief hiatus. During this time, I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and struggled with a bad reaction to bipolar medication. I feel good enough now to come back again.

What did I miss?

Re: King Homer makes his triumphant return.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-07 17:52:43
Nothing really happened. I can't really say "Get well" to bipolar, so I hope that you've got it under control.

Date: 2009-12-07 17:55:39

Nothing really happened. I can't really say "Get well" to bipolar, so I hope that you've got it under control.

I know…bipolar sucks. My last medicine has turned me into an insomniac, giving me 2 sleepless nights very recently. I had a good night's sleep last night and hope for one tonight. And I'm doing well, my real life friends are willing to help me with this. I'm about to start my second medicine in 3 weeks.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-12-07 17:55:58
Bipolar disorder? What does that do?

Date: 2009-12-07 17:58:55
You are depressed much of the time and get very angry at people and things without much reason. It causes you to say and do things you would never normally say or do. It used to be called manic depression. I've got it sort of under control at the moment.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-07 18:11:56

I know…bipolar sucks. My last medicine has turned me into an insomniac, giving me 2 sleepless nights very recently. I had a good night's sleep last night and hope for one tonight. And I'm doing well, my real life friends are willing to help me with this. I'm about to start my second medicine in 3 weeks.
Medicine…I hate it as much as you. But I only wish I had your problem with it…

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-07 18:13:32
To be honest, I'm always like that, each and everyday. I thought because I bottled up my emotions for so many years, since my parents never believed me when I was being bullied at school by kids and teachers, that I had insomnia, (even as a kid), but they believe me now. It's like when I react because I get mad, and I say things I never do which is how I react on here, but meh, if I am bipolar, might explain why I feel more depressed than I normally have been the last 3 years, but hope you do get it sorted, but if I do react the way I do again, then it's possible I have a disorder than never came from either parent, but either way I'm still out of here next year. Hope you get it under control, and nice to have you back.

Date: 2009-12-07 18:14:19
Thanks for the welcome back everybody.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-07 18:15:34
Didn't mean to offend anybody with insomnia with the last post, just saying my medicine makes me fall asleep. At least my parents only give it to me after I've done my homework, but then I can't get up, and I need to get up early for the school I go to. Anyway, welcome back.

Date: 2009-12-07 18:17:44

Didn't mean to offend anybody with insomnia with the last post, just saying my medicine makes me fall asleep. At least my parents only give it to me after I've done my homework, but then I can't get up, and I need to get up early for the school I go to. Anyway, welcome back.

I wish I had your problem…

Date: 2009-12-07 18:22:22
I'll be honest with you both, I HATE taking my sleeping medication, because it doesn't do shit. My doctors won't give me any medication because of my age (don't know what they mean), and they only give me a supply that'll last seven days. I mean, when I was about 5 or so, I'd still be awake, past my bedtime, even up to about 10PM I'd be awake again, believe me guys my insomnia, is horrible. I think they call it Onset Insomnia, or something else, that lasts for months, but mines be going for years. I guess I do have a violent temper on me, and the lack of sleep does set me off, but I think if I can get myself tested for bipolar, but I doubt I have it, just a side to me that's dangerous. Do what I used to do Tomb, I'd do my homework straight after I get home from school. See if that works, it worked for me until my bulling problems begun again.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-07 18:49:46
I came back from my 2 year disappearance.
That's what happened.

Date: 2009-12-07 18:55:18
I thought it was longer than that. Not much really has happened all that much, a few new people about, I'm leaving next year, Jolteon's 16, so yeah not a lot.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-07 18:57:11

I'm leaving next year

No you ain't. Not while I'M here.

Date: 2009-12-07 19:10:26
I'm still going, I feel I'm not welcome here anymore, because of whatever is going on with me, to make me react like I do, and because of it, I get crap for it.