Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

Hiya! I'm Jeff! owo - Page 2

Re: Hiya! I'm Jeff! owo

Posted by: JeffCharizardFlame
Date: 2013-03-30 08:01:24
OH, I see. owo Ok, I get it now. lD Thanks to all of you for shedding some light on that. ;)

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2013-03-30 13:54:30
Welcome Jeff!

Posted by: Krazyguy75
Date: 2013-03-30 14:50:12
Hello, Jeff. Welcome to the community!

On the topic of MissingNo., those 39 data values correspond to specific pokemon at random points in the GSC pokedex (when traded and such), where as values 191+go by GSC pokedex number, skipping over those values.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-03-30 17:02:09

eh, oh well. Doesn't bother me. lD

Also, I'm pretty sure they were in the order that the Pokémon were created. There were originally 190 planned, as discovered by a Smogon user when he interviewed a developer (sorry for ambiguity but I don't have time to go searching at the moment), but some were removed which are where the Missingno. variants are stored.

First response: It's alright. lD
Second: I don't get it, I thought the Missingno. variants were error handlers. Except for the three fossil variants and the ghost form, which all four of those actually are used. Well, the ghost anyways. It shows that sprite when you're in the Lavender Tower without the Silph Scope. Any ghost you run into will have that pic. As for the three fossil pokemon, I'd say that they planned on making some sort of sprite cutscene for the revival of the fossil pokemon, but then they just used the overworld sprites. But that's my reasoning,

The 190 pokés thing does make sense since there are 39 Missingnos. As for why there's the fossil/ghost variations, I have no idea.

(Sorta offtopic, but wow, I didn't know the Bird-type exists in Gen 2 as well. That removes the possibility of it having been related to the "Bird Keeper" trainer class since there's the Cooltrainer and Pokémaniac-types)

The 190 Pokémon thing is very true, after someone theorised it they managed to ask a game developer and indeed found that it was true (said developer was pretty shocked that someone figured it out too!)