Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

You might not remember me but I used to be a regular - Page 1

You might not remember me but I used to be a regular

Posted by: Yenatech
Date: 2018-12-02 10:09:37
Greetings, Glitch City.
I've actually been here a long time ago, originally signed up way back in 2008, but I stopped logging in or even visiting.

I got many reasons for this.

1) I acquired a head injury some time ago which actually caused me a few issues with memory. I don't remember anything actually about that day itself, however, and it really bugs me about that.

2) Although my account name "Jolteon" exists, any attempt to log in has given me an error saying the username does not exist.

3) I haven't been as interested in glitch research as I used to be, my interests have shifted to things like MUGEN, the furry fandom, PC gaming, fanfiction and rom hacks. However I am still a fan of RP and art stuff.

4) I was actually a little embarrassed to appear here. I recall having friends here, but I can't actually remember who they were, and I'm worried that I [or they] have changed so much that one party or the other would be totally unrecognizable anymore regardless.

5) The site has changed A LOT since I last remember being here.
—-
Anyway… long absence aside, I hope I can be reintroduced to the community and I'll TRY to reintegrate myself into the population here.
I'm not a huge user of forums anymore, however, and prefer personal messaging for communications.
One more thing: December 6th is my quarter-century of existence. In other words, I'll be turning 25.
And finally, please try to be patient with me.
If I don't seem to remember you, we should probably start talking again and get to know each other like things probably were before.
I won't bite unless given reason to.

Re: You might not remember me but I used to be a regular

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-12-02 10:52:25
Well, I never knew that old account, so for me you're a regular new member. :P

Welcome!

Date: 2018-12-02 11:15:19
I don't remember you either, so hello.
Is there anywhere you can recommend for someone who is essentially a new member?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-02 11:58:45
Oh hey, someone's finally using the Introductions board, let's–whoa. Whooooa. WHOA.

Jolteon! :D Or Yenatech if you'd prefer now. (I can send you a new password for your old account if you want!)

Look at that, I'm already talking the way I did back in '08. That was actually when I first started trying out this name, though it wasn't too long before I acknowledged the true nature of TM28 and became Tombstoner. You might remember me by either that name or my current one. If not, that's fine too! Everyone's changed a lot since then, or at least likes to think they have, but that's not a bad thing.

Don't know what else to say yet. We didn't talk much when you were Jolteon, though I obviously remember you as a fellow former regular.

In terms of glitchology, the entire field was turned on its head a few years ago with the discovery of arbitrary code execution, so in terms of where to start, look up literally any video with that in the title that seems to show footage from Red or Blue. For learning how it works, and how to use it, read and ask around in this thread (it says 8F, but it's really for ACE using any item). If you decide you want to go further with it, the staff member above created the site's 8F Helper and GBz80 to Items, indispensible tools for getting started making setups!

This may seem like an odd suggestion, but whenever you have two hours to spare, I absolutely recommend watching this video. To summarize, someone catches all 151 Pokémon in that timespan in front of a huge crowd, explaining to them various things about what he's doing along the way. Nearly all the strategies are outdated, but I'd still consider it the ideal introduction to modern glitchology in terms of the types of things he makes the game do and the level of control we can exercise over these relics without a single external device.

Welcome back!

Date: 2018-12-02 12:36:01

Oh hey, someone's finally using the Introductions board, let's–whoa. Whooooa. WHOA.

Jolteon! :D Or Yenatech if you'd prefer now. (I can send you a new password for your old account if you want!)

Look at that, I'm already talking the way I did back in '08. That was actually when I first started trying out this name, though it wasn't too long before I acknowledged the true nature of TM28 and became Tombstoner. You might remember me by either that name or my current one. If not, that's fine too! Everyone's changed a lot since then, or at least likes to think they have, but that's not a bad thing.

Don't know what else to say yet. We didn't talk much when you were Jolteon, though I obviously remember you as a fellow former regular.

In terms of glitchology, the entire field was turned on its head a few years ago with the discovery of arbitrary code execution, so in terms of where to start, look up literally any video with that in the title that seems to show footage from Red or Blue. For learning how it works, and how to use it, read and ask around in this thread (it says 8F, but it's really for ACE using any item). If you decide you want to go further with it, the staff member above created the site's 8F Helper and GBz80 to Items, indispensible tools for getting started making setups!

This may seem like an odd suggestion, but whenever you have two hours to spare, I absolutely recommend watching this video. To summarize, someone catches all 151 Pokémon in that timespan in front of a huge crowd, explaining to them various things about what he's doing along the way. Nearly all the strategies are outdated, but I'd still consider it the ideal introduction to modern glitchology in terms of the types of things he makes the game do and the level of control we can exercise over these relics without a single external device.

Welcome back!

Sorry to say this, but I don't actually remember you either.  Wouldn't mind getting to know you [again?] though. The few friendly users I do remember… let's see…

* Abwayax
* Newo
* fivex
* Muto Yami [or however she spelled it]
* A user whose name I can't remember but when I was a newer member they had Haruhi Suzumiya as their profile picture

Any idea if any of these people are still around?

Oh, and my username "Yenatech" refers to a fictional company of my own creation which, within the universe, creates "marital aids" [for lack of a better term] and ordinary SFW type items that are far more technologically advanced than anything possible in our universe.

I'm not going to cover any of that in detail though, and the very subject itself wouldn't belong in here anyway.

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-12-02 13:21:59

Sorry to say this, but I don't actually remember you either.  Wouldn't mind getting to know you [again?] though. The few friendly users I do remember… let's see…

* Abwayax
* Newo
* fivex
* Muto Yami [or however she spelled it]
* A user whose name I can't remember but when I was a newer member they had Haruhi Suzumiya as their profile picture

Any idea if any of these people are still around?

*. Yep, he's still here. Pop in at the Discord and you might see him occasionally.
*. He was far,far before my time. I don't think he's been on in ages.
*. See Above
*. See Above
*. Wouldn't know, sorry

Anyhow, Welcome (back) to the forums!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-12-02 14:37:16
Welcome Yenatech!

I remember you when you posted as Jolteon. I used to be called Torchickens.

Very sorry to hear about your head injury. :(

As for the users you listed, Abwayax is still around but focuses more on maintaining the technical side of the site rather than glitches nowadays. I haven't seen from Newo or fivex either.

Mutou Yami came back as Lauryn the Arisen, but I haven't seen her in a while.

I don't know who it was with the Haruhi Suzumiya character sorry.

Date: 2018-12-02 14:41:12
That's fine. Nothing wrong with a fresh start.

My guess for the fifth user would be Zowayix, who still comes here regularly but is much more active on Discord. If not, then either xparasite9 or Sasara…

Date: 2018-12-02 14:48:53
So it would seem it really is a fresh start, with few if any people I remember actually being around.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-12-02 15:03:17

Oh, and my username "Yenatech" refers to a fictional company of my own creation which, within the universe, creates "marital aids" [for lack of a better term] and ordinary SFW type items that are far more technologically advanced than anything possible in our universe.

Funny, because your name immediately reminded me of yenatch.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2018-12-02 16:13:05
Welcome back! I do remember you from way back when. The Haruhi Suzumiya avatar was almost certainly Sasara (back then known as Mugendai or Kyoukipichi). She's no longer around.

If you still have access to your old email we can set a new password or login name for your old account so you can log in with it.

Date: 2018-12-03 01:32:37
Hm… I do not have access the email address associated with the account anymore I think.

I'm not sure for certain but I THINK it was an email account associated with an internet provider which was only accessible at my old place of residence. I don't remember the email address anyway but one problem is that trying to log in says there's no such USERNAME. I'll try and get a screenshot.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/EJsmBxX.png[/img]

Date: 2018-12-03 03:23:52
Your display name was Jolteon, but your username is whatever you originally signed up as. According to the Name Changes thread, it was "?????(000)". Should that fail, Ab can change it, but give it a try. Confirmed it to be ?????(000).

Date: 2018-12-03 03:26:18

Your display name was Jolteon, but your username is whatever you originally signed up as. According to the Name Changes thread, it was "?????(000)". Should that fail, Ab can change it, but give it a try.

Pfff- can't remember the password to that old thing anyway. But you don't even have any proof that I am me. How can you be sure I'm really who I say I am?

Also… wasn't there a role playing topic on this thing long ago? I can definitely remember seeing that, I wonder where it went…

(Edited out my own lapse in judgment. ~ Sherk)

Date: 2018-12-03 03:31:00
It's a subforum of Forum Games.

Good point about that, sadly there is nothing definitive… The email address definitely does seem to be tied to some little-known ISP. :-\