Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Introductions

You might not remember me but I used to be a regular - Page 2

Re: You might not remember me but I used to be a regular

Posted by: Yenatech
Date: 2018-12-03 03:39:35
I can't even see any forum games soo….. bleh.

Probably better off just considering this a fresh start. It'd probably look weird if an account from my teenage years was to suddenly start being active anyway, I can just tell people who I am if they ask.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-03 03:44:35
They require 50 posts to be visible.  :-\

Something to consider changing, perhaps, considering the amount of activity compared to when that was put in place.

Date: 2018-12-03 05:57:15
Looking at the discussion topics in place, most of them seem to have been dead and thus not allowed to be posted in, so my best bet is to probably just make new ones.

I can recall at one point there was TONS of people online occasionally, not just a few like now.

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-12-03 07:59:34

I can recall at one point there was TONS of people online occasionally, not just a few like now.

IIRC that was a result of ACE being popularized, although I wasn't around to see it.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-12-03 10:38:38

IIRC that was a result of ACE being popularized, although I wasn't around to see it.
He left years before that was discovered. The 8F thread is still gaining views by the day.

I think you're either misremembering or thinking back to when there were a lot more posts, but a lot less…productive posts. 30-40 online isn't too unusual.

Date: 2018-12-03 11:49:05
Oh yeah and this whole arbitary code thing you mentioned… I can't wrap my head around it.

I'm probably best off deviating away from all glitch assistance and simply using the forums for purely social interactionary reasons. Anyone else here wants to welcome me [back] can just do so whenever.

….who's ACE?

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-12-03 11:57:00

He left years before that was discovered. The 8F thread is still gaining views by the day.

I think you're either misremembering or thinking back to when there were a lot more posts, but a lot less…productive posts. 30-40 online isn't too unusual.

Nah, not misremembering, I was never there n the first place :P I'm too much of a newbie.

Oh yeah and this whole arbitary code thing you mentioned… I can't wrap my head around it.

Myself, as well as ISSO, can definitely help explain the concept. If you have questions, feel free to open threads.

I'm probably best off deviating away from all glitch assistance and simply using the forums for purely social interactionary reasons.

Join the Discord!

….who's ACE?

Abitrary Code Execution.

I'm going to stop talking now to avoid crowding your introduction, but anyways, welcome!

Date: 2018-12-03 13:05:24
…there's a Discord? Since when?

Even if it was before I left, I still don't remember anything about THAT.

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-12-04 06:14:47
The Discord is very recent.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2018-12-12 18:32:19
Eyyyy, welcome back! I very vaguely remember you from my first few years on GCL as Jolteon. Glad to have you back; I always enjoy reconnecting with older members! Makes me feel like I've been on this site forever lol.