Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

What music do you listen do? - Page 4

Re: What music do you listen do?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-05 18:26:02
No and I probably never will. All the bands I like are all old, about half of the members in some of them are dead, and most of them have been broken up for many years. Such as Led Zeppelin, broken up 27 years ago.

Makes me feel kinda sad, I was born too late to ever see most of my favorite bands in concert because they broke up many years BEFORE I was born. I mean, Zeppelin broke up 12 YEARS BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-10-05 18:35:44
Ouch. You've kinda got a point there.

I've always liked Tears for Fears, but I have no idea how old they are  now XD. I like stuff from the 80's in general. Except disco. Or was disco 70's?

Date: 2007-10-05 18:52:33
You gotta realize many young people are discovering these bands. How WILL THEY EVER GET TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT? Led Zeppelin is reuniting for one concert only this year, to benefit Atlantic Records.  ;D Problem:IT'S IN ENGLAND.  :'( Now how will I ever going to see them?

Very sad.

Date: 2007-10-05 19:19:43
You gotta realize many young people are discovering these bands. How WILL THEY EVER GET TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT?

They will reanimate their dead corpses.

Seriously though, it does really suck. I've been getting into Guns and Roses recently. They're a fairly old band, aren't they? (is terrible with dates)

Date: 2007-10-05 19:29:59
Guns and Roses formed in the mid-80s.

Seriously, yes, it really DOES suck. Led Zeppelin has basically been broken up ever since 1980, when their drummer Jon Bonham died in his sleep when he choked on his own vomit after drinking alcohol. Sad… Now they will never record another album.

A statistic to prove young people are discovering old bands: Ever hear of the Doors? They're a great old rock band. Lead singer Jim Morrison died in '71 and the band broke up. In 1991, the 20th annivrsery of his death and (I believe) the year he'd have turned 50, thousands of people flocked to his grave to remember him. Well over half of the people who came had not even been born yet when he died.

Date: 2007-10-05 20:26:36
That's serious dedication, man.

Out of the bands out now, which ones do you think will have that kind of impact for generations to come?

Date: 2007-10-05 20:39:17
Probably Nickelback (one of the FEW good bands of the modern era).

Darn, how many rock stars died from alcohol/drug overdosage? Led Zeppelin's drummer (Bonham) and AC/DC's first lead singer (Bon Scott) both died from choking on vomit during their sleep while drunk. BOTH in 1980.

And Jimi Hendrix died of a drug overdosage (accidental barbituate overdosage).

John Lennon was murdered…Very sad and I hope Mark David Chapman (his murderer) rots in Hell when he dies.

PS. 200th post.

Date: 2007-10-05 20:48:01
I was thinking of Nickelback too. They've improved so much over time. Perhaps Linkin Park as well.

Hollywood has drug issues in general.

I hated how John Lennon died. A spokeman for peace and some guy kills him.

Congrats for the 200th post, btw.

Date: 2007-10-05 20:55:38
Yeah. If you ever listened to their one song "If Everyone Cared", it has some similarities to an old Beatles song "Eleanor Rigby":both songs are about people dying and nobody really cares.

Lennon didn't deserve that. The guy who killed him had mental issues. I still want to know why he didn't get the death penalty.

And honestly, before I found about Bonham's and Scott's causes of death, I had NO idea you could choke to death on your own vomit. Oh my…

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-10-05 21:07:19

This

Oh do any of you know a website/s that allow you to listen to music without downloading the files?

Youtube
Hi, Zachary Whitten, who's Gabe?

Date: 2007-10-05 21:09:08
Oh yeah, I got "Eleanor Rigby" on my Beatles CD. That song is depressing.

Wait, I thought "If Everyone Cared" was a hopeful song O_o. The video is all about people who changed the world for the better when no one else would.

I think one of my fave songs by them is "Rockstar". It's freakin' hilarious how it parodies Hollywood. I like that new one too, with Santana. It's not really rock, but it's still neat.  

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-10-05 21:11:23

I listen mostly do English progressive rock. Specifically, Pink Floyd and Yes.

I also occasionally listen do video game and Japanese cartoon music.
I to not understand. Oh well. I'm going do go do the store.

Date: 2007-10-05 21:19:29

Oh yeah, I got "Eleanor Rigby" on my Beatles CD. That song is depressing.

Wait, I thought "If Everyone Cared" was a hopeful song O_o. The video is all about people who changed the world for the better when no one else would.

I think one of my fave songs by them is "Rockstar". It's freakin' hilarious how it parodies Hollywood. I like that new one too, with Santana. It's not really rock, but it's still neat.  

You want a really depressing Beatles song? Try Revolution #9 (shudder). It is not even a song. Very scary too.

Oh, but, still, "Eleanor Rigby" and "If Everyone Cared" both have somewhat similar subject matter:both feature people who don't care about the bad in the world and there are few who care for the good.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-10-06 00:56:07

All Psychopathic Records Artists. SevenDust, ozzy ousborne, Kitty, Mew, Kreator, Metallica, Cypress Hill, and the others I can't remember.

Forgot about slayer :p.

Date: 2007-10-06 13:24:25
Don't think I've heard Revolution #9.

Have you ever heard the Beatles song "Only a Northern Song"? I like that one too, but man that song sounds freaky.