Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

Lacuna Coil - Page 1

Lacuna Coil

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-01-25 18:25:02
These guys, are amazing. They're a rock band, from Milan, Italy. Lacuna Coil is a metal band from Milan, Italy formed in 1994. Formerly known as Sleep of Right and Ethereal, the band was inspired by Gothic imagery and Gothic metal music, and the members have been known, musically, for composing midtempo songs consisting of guitar lines overlaid with prominent keyboard work, and contrasting dual female/male vocal harmonies to help create a melodic detached sound.

Much of the band's recent material, however, sees a more down-tuned style, featuring a more distinct bass line and a higher mixing of the guitars within the songs. According to the band, they are and have been influenced by Paradise Lost, Tiamat, Anathema, Septic Flesh, Black Sabbath, Type O Negative, Imago Mortis, Depeche Mode, In Flames and Amorphis amongst others. The band's 2006 release, Karmacode peaked at number 28 on the Billboard 200. They have played among the world's biggest heavy metal festivals on the main stage including Ozzfest, Bloodstock Open Air, Wacken Open Air, and played with Megadeth on their Gigantour tour in November 2007.

I love of their songs: Cold, Within Me, Circle, Heir of a Dying Day, Our Truth, Enjoy the Silence, Swamped, Veins Of Glass, To Myself I Turned, and a few more.

Re: Lacuna Coil

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-01-25 19:00:29
I'm not a metal fan. Sorry.

Date: 2008-01-25 19:19:49
Killswitch Engange, are Metal/Rock, and they're awesome.

Date: 2008-01-25 21:50:14
I'm sorry, but I don't like metal. And I also don't like very many active bands. All the bands I like have been inactive for like 20 years or more. Sorry. Metal and screaming stuff hurts my ears really badly. Don't take it personally.

Date: 2008-01-25 22:17:32
These guys, aren't like that. Their songs, are soft, unlike Killswitch Engage.

Date: 2008-01-25 22:20:29
As I said, I don't really listen to many new bands. I like old stuff.

Date: 2008-01-25 22:23:03
Uh, they aren't new. They were formed in 1994, and are still going now (08).

Date: 2008-01-25 22:33:30
1994 is new by my standards. Old in my opinion happened before I was born.

Date: 2008-01-26 07:28:43
I've seen cartoons, long before you were around. 1994, is old in my way. I'm 19, now but that's another story. They're old, so is Sonic, but, hell he's still going and I've been a fan since I was 3 years old. Anyway, this is meant for other people, who are a fan of these guys, or like metal I like all sorts. I hate The Beatles. My father likes 'em, but I don't. Their way of music, doesn't suit mine. The songs, when I was a kid, man they were boring. Some of the stuff, here today, Led, is better than the crap, I've heard of my times, as a kid, believe me.

Date: 2008-01-26 10:19:00

I've seen cartoons, long before you were around. 1994, is old in my way. I'm 19, now but that's another story. They're old, so is Sonic, but, hell he's still going and I've been a fan since I was 3 years old. Anyway, this is meant for other people, who are a fan of these guys, or like metal I like all sorts. I hate The Beatles. My father likes 'em, but I don't. Their way of music, doesn't suit mine. The songs, when I was a kid, man they were boring. Some of the stuff, here today, Led, is better than the crap, I've heard of my times, as a kid, believe me.

That's all right then. I don't have any problems with that. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Date: 2008-01-26 10:32:12
I guess.

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-01-26 17:34:07
HOLAY SHIT!
I LOVE LACUNA COIL!
Im not an old fan but I love their new CD. :o
Plus their on GH3!With the song, Closer! <33

Date: 2008-01-26 18:38:22
I'm quite a fan. Closer, Our Truth, Cold, Swamped, Within Me, Circle, Heir of a Dying Day, Enjoy the Silence, Veins Of Glass, To Myself I Turned. I love their songs.

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-01-26 18:46:49
hmmm I like most of their songs off of Karmacode ^_^
I havent listened to it in such a long time so I dont remember some songs.
some songs i liked were
Closer
OurTruth
Within Me
Enjoy the Silence and some more ^__^;;

Date: 2008-01-26 19:12:05
I love them songs. I'm not sure if they did a song, called: Cry For You? I loaded a song, called, that and I'm not sure, if it is, done by them, but it sounds like it.