Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

What movie have you seen recently? - Page 1

What movie have you seen recently?

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2019-06-04 17:35:15
I thought about create a topic in which we talk about the movies that we watch recently. This idea works on other forums, and maybe, this will work here  :), where we can post our opinions about the films, link to IMDB or another web with general aspects, and if you want, rating it.
(I don't know if this thread is repeated)

I begin: Yesterday, I've watched John Wick 3. Great photography and coreographies, but you think its very fantastical because you don't believe the characters hold on too much brawls. 7'5.

Re: What movie have you seen recently?

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-06-04 17:57:48
I saw John Wick 3 too! Awesome movie, loved the sword stuff, although the Casablanca fight and the glass floor fight (especially when Wick gets kicked through all those displays) make it seem like the movie was desperately trying to reach the two-hour mark.

Edit: I just remembered the part where the dude gets kicked in the face like four times by a horse and now my jaw hurts.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2019-06-05 10:52:55
I saw Detective Pikachu fairly recently. It was cute. Incredibly predictable and not very deep, but enjoyable. The Pokemon were fairly well done. Some of the Pokemon said their names like in the anime, which I wasn't really fond of. 7/8.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-06-05 11:26:25

I saw Detective Pikachu fairly recently. It was cute. Incredibly predictable and not very deep, but enjoyable. The Pokemon were fairly well done. Some of the Pokemon said their names like in the anime, which I wasn't really fond of. 7/8.

I watched it too. :) Personally didn't like it as much (felt more average and parts personally felt a little not for me), though it is nice.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2019-06-06 03:16:33
I saw Avengers: Endgame. I wasn't sure how I'd like it going in, as I haven't seen all the Marvel movies leading up to it, but, man, was I blown away. After watching it, I realized it wasn't really a movie where I needed to know all the backstories of all the individual characters through their own solo movies – I only really needed to understand the general plot and goals of the main party, which are pretty well-established through the other Avengers movies rather than their own individual movies.

Action sequences were great, and the concept of the story (won't spoil for reasons) are pretty cool and right in line with some of my interests. Did I mention the action sequences were nuts?

Would recommend. I didn't see it opening night because I knew the crowds would be massive and wild (seriously. I've seen videos on YouTube where people are cheering and clapping DURING the movie. People are that hyped for it) but I'm kind of regretting that I did it. The Avengers series as a whole seems almost less like a movie franchise and more a cultural experience. 9/10 would watch again.

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2019-06-07 12:38:08

I saw John Wick 3 too! Awesome movie, loved the sword stuff, although the Casablanca fight and the glass floor fight (especially when Wick gets kicked through all those displays) make it seem like the movie was desperately trying to reach the two-hour mark.

Edit: I just remembered the part where the dude gets kicked in the face like four times by a horse and now my jaw hurts.
Yeah, there are some battles that seems to long. The great inconvenient of this movie is the stamina of the characters, nobody can hold so many hits in the head, like the battle in the library. However, it's a great action movie, is spectacular visually.

I wanted to watch this movie, but I prefer to watch it when I can in home…

I saw Avengers: Endgame.
Endgame is a movie which has been built along this 10 years (since Iron Man) and I think you must have seen the individual films of almost all heroes (I think there are some which you can ignore, like Cap. Marvel, Spider-man Homecoming, The incredible Hulk or even Ant man (Ant man 2 no)). I think that Infinity War was better. There are some things in Endgame I do not like so much…

By the way, this movie is 70M from being the most highest-grossing movie of all time, from Avatar.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
'We are in the end game now.'

I have pending the blade of the inmortal, of Takeshi Miike. I hope watch it today…

Date: 2019-06-07 21:50:15

Endgame is a movie which has been built along this 10 years (since Iron Man) and I think you must have seen the individual films of almost all heroes (I think there are some which you can ignore, like Cap. Marvel, Spider-man Homecoming, The incredible Hulk or even Ant man (Ant man 2 no)). I think that Infinity War was better. There are some things in Endgame I do not like so much…

I actually didn't feel that way watching it. I had only watched the Iron Man movies, Spider-Man Homecoming, and nothing else (aside from a few clips of other Marvel movies like Thor, Civil War, etc) and I was able to understand what was going on in the movie fairly well. That being said, I think it's necessary to watch the entirety of the Avengers series before watching Endgame, but I don't think watching all the individual movies is necessary.

The basic Avengers movies do a good enough job of establishing the characters to the point where you'll understand their motivations in context of the Endgame plot, and that's really all you need. There might be things that you don't understand about the specific backstories of the characters, but you don't necessarily need to know that information in order to understand the movie as a whole.

Date: 2019-07-01 19:19:38

Yeah, there are some battles that seems to long. The great inconvenient of this movie is the stamina of the characters, nobody can hold so many hits in the head, like the battle in the library. However, it's a great action movie, is spectacular visually.

To be fair, this is the same movie series where characters shoot at each other in public and have sword fights on motorcycles and nobody notices.

I watched Under Siege the other day. Still holds up, although I think Marked for Death is Steven Seagal's best film.

Date: 2019-09-28 23:16:21
Went and saw Rambo: Last Blood tonight. What a fucking ride. The best part was when he [size=3pt]smashed that dude in the dick with a hammer[/size].

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-09-29 17:19:32
Downsizing. People said it was a comedy.

jesus it's like they forgot what movie they were making halfway in and glued on another movie with the same actors then cut to an ending for the original plot and

this was a mistake

Date: 2019-11-23 17:29:50
Watched 4 of the 5 Dirty Harry movies recently.

1>2>4>3.

Date: 2020-01-18 01:32:27
Anyone seen Just Mercy yet? I've heard really good things. I wanna see that and the new Star Wars so far.

I've heard Knives Out was really quality but I don't really have an interest in seeing it–change my mind.

Date: 2020-01-18 03:19:13
Found a combo pack containing Death Wish 2, 3 and 4. Which is a weird sequence, like why not just include all 5 or the first 3 or whatever.

Anyway, 2 was all right, 3 was totally bonkers and has Charles Bronson kill the bad guy with a fucking rocket launcher, and 4 was nowhere near as crazy but still entertaining.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2020-01-19 07:25:18
i don't really go out to the movies that much but i really enjoyed the new star wars. (pls no flame)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-01-19 13:04:45

i don't really go out to the movies that much but i really enjoyed the new star wars. (pls no flame)

That's OK! :) We enjoy the media we like. It's OK to like a film even if it has received bad reviews.

Umm.. the last I remember it was the 2017 remake of Beauty and The Beast. Frozen 2 came out and would like to watch it but haven't yet. Detective Pikachu was shown again for some reason at PC World/Currys (electronics store), unfortunately we weren't sure whether it was a late ad or the film, as the shop was just closing the time we got there.