Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Multimedia Discussion

What movie have you seen recently? - Page 2

Re: What movie have you seen recently?

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2020-01-20 21:24:43
I saw a decent few when visiting relatives last month. One of them was the new Star Wars; I don't have much to say on it, but was never too much of a Star Wars guy to begin with. I certainly didn't like it any less than the previous two or the prequel trilogy. Mulholland Drive was probably the most noteworthy one I saw, but it kind of fell flat on me. A plot centered around romance and acting probably wasn't my best introduction to the "David Lynch style", considering it seems right up my alley with my love of narrative-driven games.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2020-02-08 19:46:49
Ooh man, saw Just Mercy a few days ago and absolutely loved it. This might not be the crowd that's interested in this kind of movie, but the movie tells a really great story about a real lawyer (Bryan Stevenson) who fights for justice of inmates incarcerated on death row. It's really eye-opening to how parts of the criminal justice system, especially in the deep south of the United States, completely fail people of color and other minorities. Definitely check it out if you can.

Highly recommend reading Stevenson's book of the same name, too.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-03-05 14:14:07
I'm a fan of the new Sonic film. :) Maybe Tails will come back in a sequel. Also Sonic and the dog, gosh that's adorable.