Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Windows 7: Worth It? - Page 3

Re: Windows 7: Worth It?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-11-27 18:23:12
So I'm running Windows 7 now. I can't put my finger on it, but it seems… smoother overall than Vista did.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-11-27 21:35:23
I'm thinking about getting it. My XP has just about had it and also my computer is over two to three years old and is starting to run slow. I might still keep it around so that my older files are still around.

Date: 2009-11-27 21:43:00

I'm thinking about getting it. My XP has just about had it and also my computer is over two to three years old and is starting to run slow. I might still keep it around so that my older files are still around.

Windows 7 has the same requirements as Vista. If XP is slow on that machine, 7 won't be that much better.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-11-27 23:22:46

Windows 7 has the same requirements as Vista. If XP is slow on that machine, 7 won't be that much better.

Who says I was going to use the same machine? I was thinking about getting a whole new one.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-11-29 12:03:32
Of course it's worth it. Two boxes here run Windows NT version 6.1.7600.16385, and I'm typing on one of them!!!

(Oh and, w7 has MS08-067 update built in, so there's no conficker in w7 at all.. nor anything that spreads through MS08-067)

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-11-29 12:17:32
What does Windows 7 actually do which another operating system doesn't?
I haven't used a Microsoft product for so long, I have forgot if they are good or not :P

Worth me breaking my piggy bank?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-11-29 14:06:49

Short answer: No.

Long answer: NNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Date: 2009-11-29 17:50:19

No.

I got it free with my machine, though, so price wasn't a consideration for me :P