Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Windows Vista (And what I hate about) - Page 2

Re: Windows Vista (And what I hate about)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-14 17:16:31

Damn it, I let it install while I was at school, but the installation failed (message about 'access being denied'). Wonder what went wrong (there are not multiple Windows accounts on my computer, so by default I am an administrator)?
You have to run it as adminstrator though

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-14 17:53:19

Damn it, I let it install while I was at school, but the installation failed (message about 'access being denied'). Wonder what went wrong (there are not multiple Windows accounts on my computer, so by default I am an administrator)?
You have to run it as adminstrator though

By running it through command prompt, right?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-14 18:10:10
What Fivex means, if you're running Vista/Windows 7, about right clicking, and going to where it'll say "Runs as administer" and it should work.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-14 18:52:28

What Fivex means, if you're running Vista/Windows 7, about right clicking, and going to where it'll say "Runs as administer" and it should work.

Oh, OK. I see it now. (Just saved me about five minutes of unneccesary work)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-14 20:15:36
It's no problem. I've used Vista for a year and I still hate it. ¬¬ Once I know how to get to my old files, before I switch to Lunix (on my XP), I'll try it.