Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Finally on Lunix (Windows Vista) - Page 1

Finally on Lunix (Windows Vista)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-24 18:36:43
Yep, my laptop managed to find my router and has connected to the router successfully. So, all I have to do now is try and get my XP to do the same. I just went into Wubi, (on boot), and it found the router, and I'm connected. ^^

Edit:

I've tried again with my XP but the stubborn thing still can't detect the router, but it can in Windows and not Lunix.

Re: Finally on Lunix (Windows Vista)

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-24 19:18:14

I've tried again with my XP but the stubborn thing still can't detect the router, but it can in Windows and not Lunix.

LINUX

lrn2penguin :)

Date: 2009-12-24 19:36:35
There's still a lot of my stuff in Windows, but some of it, is still on my PC, but guess I'll have to send the stuff in the files over by MSN, or whatever Lunix can use for an IM. All I have to do now is get Guild Wars installed… Great. There's like over 25,00 files, maybe more.

Date: 2009-12-24 19:50:39
Unnecessary.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1346905

Also, Linux uses Pidgin (which supports MSN) for IRC.

Date: 2009-12-24 20:29:23
Live Messenger is an online IM, not an IRC.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-25 08:59:36

There's still a lot of my stuff in Windows, but some of it, is still on my PC, but guess I'll have to send the stuff in the files over by MSN, or whatever Lunix can use for an IM. All I have to do now is get Guild Wars installed… Great. There's like over 25,00 files, maybe more.
[size=7]NO NOT YET[/size]
Look in /host.

Date: 2009-12-25 09:45:26
I meant "IM".

Also *first post from new Win7 rig ^^*

Date: 2009-12-25 12:56:39
I haven't started yet, been awake most of the night, into the day, then went to sleep.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-26 02:35:31

Live Messenger is an online IM, not an IRC.
*facedesk*
Still though, try looking in /media
I think that is what the folder you could access your old stuff from

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-12-26 11:42:34
She's running a Wubi install, so it would be in /host

Pidgin (and Empathy) are IM clients that work with a variety of networks including Windows Live, AIM, Yahoo, IRC, Google Talk, and Jabber. If you want the "MSN experience" you can install aMSN or emesene, go to Applications -> Ubuntu Software Center -> Get Free Software -> Internet and install aMSN or emesene. I use aMSN, although emesene looks alright too

Date: 2009-12-26 14:15:06
I've looked in host, and not alot is there, (it's mostly Windows-system related junk), so, what I'll do later, is since my XP still can't find the router's connection in Linux, (I call it Lunix, because it sounds better *shot*), keep it to XP, my laptop to Vista, and use Live Messenger to send stuff I want over from my laptop but there's too much stuff. Guess I'll try and zip and email through.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-12-26 15:23:23

I've looked in host, and not alot is there, (it's mostly Windows-system related junk), so, what I'll do later, is since my XP still can't find the router's connection in Linux, (I call it Lunix, because it sounds better *shot*), keep it to XP, my laptop to Vista, and use Live Messenger to send stuff I want over from my laptop but there's too much stuff. Guess I'll try and zip and email through.

If you kept your Windows stuff in My Documents or on the Desktop, chances are youll find it in /host/Documents and Settings/<YourUsernameHere>/.

Date: 2009-12-26 16:44:39
My pictures, sprites, music, and other stuff are on my desktop.

Edit:

I've noticed that when I'm using XP the card at the back of my PC, is on as in I get a green light and it flashes, meaning that I have Internet connectoin, but when I'm in Linix, it's off. When I add my connection, and it'll say "Wiress device not ready".

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-27 00:35:40

My pictures, sprites, music, and other stuff are on my desktop.

Edit:

I've noticed that when I'm using XP the card at the back of my PC, is on as in I get a green light and it flashes, meaning that I have Internet connectoin, but when I'm in Linix, it's off. When I add my connection, and it'll say "Wiress device not ready".
Then host/Documents and Settings/<YourUsernameHere>/Desktop
I'm guessing your

Date: 2009-12-27 14:50:39
That made no sense, and My Document and Settings file on Lunix is empty, remember Windows Vista is different than Windows XP and Windows 7. I found a file in Windows - Downloaded Program Files - Desktop, but it's as an ini. file.