Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Computers and Technology Discussion

Finally on Lunix (Windows Vista) - Page 2

Re: Finally on Lunix (Windows Vista)

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-12-27 19:21:40

That made no sense, and My Document and Settings file on Lunix is empty, remember Windows Vista is different than Windows XP and Windows 7.

Oh! I forgot that Vista uses different paths. Try /host/Users/<YourUsername>/ instead.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-12-28 13:15:01
Awesome, my stuff is there. Well, my files at least. Thanks Marckus, all I gotta do now is get my games installed, and wait for hours on end for Guild Wars (large files).

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-28 14:27:18

That made no sense, and My Document and Settings file on Lunix is empty, remember Windows Vista is different than Windows XP and Windows 7.

Oh! I forgot that Vista uses different paths. Try /host/Users/<YourUsername>/ instead.

Same in 7, it's \Users\(Username) instead of \(Username) (95,98,ME) or \DOCUME~1\(Username) (NT,XP).

Date: 2009-12-28 19:11:34
Windows 7 is just a mask-over Vista, and my XP is now infected with another fucking virus (it's called Trojan Horse PSW.Generic7.AYUC, but I'm sure Trojan Horse Generic16.JP is a backdoor virus for this other to get in but the stupid AVG site can't "find" either viruses name), that can't be found. ¬¬ I can't seem to get GW to install, I keep getting a damn error, and can't find anything to unzip the game client from the site, that'll run on my current version of Linux.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-12-28 19:33:08

Windows 7 is just a mask-over Vista, and my XP is now infected with another fucking virus (it's called Trojan Horse PSW.Generic7.AYUC, but I'm sure Trojan Horse Generic16.JP is a backdoor virus for this other to get in but the stupid AVG site can't "find" either viruses name), that can't be found. ¬¬ I can't seem to get GW to install, I keep getting a damn error, and can't find anything to unzip the game client from the site, that'll run on my current version of Linux.

You have to install WINE to run GW.

Date: 2009-12-28 19:40:10
I've tried, and I can't seem to get it to install. I download Wine, but it doesn't install, just opens it's file.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-28 20:02:29
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_on_Wine/Ubuntu

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-28 20:24:11

Try using the trend micro boot-disk scanner.

Date: 2009-12-28 20:45:03
I go to the Wine site, but it makes no sense to me what's so ever.

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-28 20:55:28
Go to Applications, then click on Add/Remove.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2h712xf.png[/img]

Search for Wine. When you find it, check the box next to it, then click on Apply Changes.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2dcddo4.png[/img]

I hope that helps. Installing applications via the internet is a pain, so normally I use this way.

Date: 2009-12-28 21:37:24
Mine doesn't have that Add/Remove Programs. I have the latest version of Wubi.

Edit: Never mind, I've installed it. I'm not used to Linux.

Edit 2: Okay, it's sorted. Thanks for that Wa.