Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

OMGWTFLOL? ROFLAYBABTU! - Page 1

OMGWTFLOL? ROFLAYBABTU!

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-05 19:34:59
Why is there a huge hole in the items column in the big list, from HEX 69 to C3? If you want, I'll look into it for you.

Re: OMGWTFLOL? ROFLAYBABTU!

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-05 19:54:03

Why is there a huge hole in the items column in the big list, from HEX 69 to C3? If you want, I'll look into it for you.

Do so.

Date: 2006-06-05 20:22:53
o…k…
um….. how weird. 69 freezes the game (and can quite possibly give you a seizure). I'll call it m|. *EDIT* it turns out, it doesn't freeze the game. you just have to press B a few times to quit the light show.
next up, 6A. gm|. It crashed the emulator!
whoops! accidentally did 9B! it's called é, and it opens up a new glitchy PokéMart!
hmm. 6B does nothing…
how odd… 6C is also é, but it does nothing.
6D is i |
"Lg-" is 6E's name, and from now on, all nothings will have no description.
6F is "-g" , which crashed my emulator.
70 is QGnS|
71 is GnS|, which crashes only the game, not the entire emulator. *retry* this time it crashed the emulator.
72 is Q;MP, which crashed the emulator.
73 is :MP, which makes cool sounds and a glitchy text box pops up!

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-05 20:32:19
xparasite, maybe you should arrange your findings on all of these items into a big text file, Melchior style, instead of posting them here. That way we'll have something to put on the site and/or something to link to from the BIG LIST's entries, and you won't waste a bunch of posts here. Keep up the good work, anyway, and take screenshots if possible. We need the data for the upcoming ItemDex!

Date: 2006-06-05 22:08:05
oh, I took screenshots alright, but on third-party effects of the items…

Date: 2006-06-06 08:54:16
If you've been taking screenshots, do you have one of the glitchy Pok?mart that 9B gave you? I'd like to see it.

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-07 22:49:18
I could help out some.

The 69 item is cool, that's for sure. Adds to my list of "useful" items. I like glitchy light shows. :P Also, pressing B doesn't do anything. You have to wait a while for it to end. The light show is made by the game scrambling the 4 colors currently used around.

Date: 2006-06-08 15:14:18
sorry, I don't, but I have a new discovery!!!
Item 7C! it allows you to use the start button at any time! if you select exit while in a wild pok?mon battle, you can leave while still it it! but the game extremely freaks out…

Date: 2006-06-08 15:43:53
Whoa. That's like, the only useful glitch item I've heard of. Besides Rival's/Name/Nickname, of course.

Would this be on Red/Blue or Yellow?

Date: 2006-06-08 18:04:31
It works on Pokemon Red/Blue.

This can be used as a glitchy Pokedoll that can be used many times and provides start menu features. Yet, there is one small problem. Don't click your character's stats or you will be stuck in Colored Land. To get out, click Pokemon or Pokedex, then find your way into a building.

I found a use for m| or 69, use it in a cave you need Flash on. It will light the room up for a bit so you can know where you are going without Flash.

I am working on the updated Big List.

Edit: I hate Microsoft Word, it messes up the HTML…  >:(

Date: 2006-06-08 21:25:52
Use Notepad, or a syntax-coloring text editor like Vim (Google "Vim" to find it; Vim takes a little getting used to, though) to edit it without messing it up. Although I prefer to code my HTML by hand, I made the Big List in Microsoft Frontpage, so you should be able to open it in that, too.

Date: 2006-06-08 22:37:07
Okay, I fixed it with Mozilla Composer. I looked inside it with Notepad to make sure it was real HTML.

Here's what I done so far: (Put the .css file into biglist2_files)

Date: 2006-06-08 22:58:00
wow. I guess since someone didn't follow the unwritten rules *ahem*, I'll be the one to start from the end of the list.
you realize that usually two names come up, right? instead of simply putting *glitch blocks*, put the other name. (one is when you buy it, the other is when you're using it)

Date: 2006-06-08 23:05:48

Okay, I fixed it with Mozilla Composer. I looked inside it with Notepad to make sure it was real HTML.

Here's what I done so far: (Put the .css file into biglist2_files)

Thanks much. Your updates are now on the main site. :)

Date: 2006-06-08 23:16:15
oh, and one more thing… (I think the thing won't allow any more text)
I was going to WAIT until I was HALFWAY FINISHED until I revealed my efforts.
Hey, sonce you're sooo good at this, why don't you solve this mystery?
NAME [glitched symbol]
HEX C2
DEC 194
EFFECT: USED IN POKéMON BATTLE. USE INDETERMINITE.