Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

OMGWTFLOL? ROFLAYBABTU! - Page 3

Re: OMGWTFLOL? ROFLAYBABTU!

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-06-10 08:45:31
The item used for opening the start menu during battle, it just teleported me to the Pokemon League! I was in a cave. I tried it again, in the cave, and it teleported me. Then I flew somewhere else and encountered a wild pokemon outside, then used the item. This might mean it's a teleporting item too! People can use this to go there anytime without any badges.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-06-10 13:53:14
hmmm… I never get that.

Date: 2006-06-10 14:45:48
You got to mess up the inside of a cave? I just used the item on a Zubat in Rock Tunnel and it teleported me.

Date: 2006-06-11 16:08:55
I decided to start the ItemDex with one entry and this is it.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-06-17 11:40:51
Since I recently acquired a VBA emulator and Red ROM, I decided to try out some of these items for myself. xparasite said something about item 9B making a glitchy Pok?mart appear, so I decided to try that one first. I used the GS code 019B1ED3 to put the item in my first item slot, and the item was called 'v, and wasn't at all what xparasite described it as. (I'm wondering if he might have accidentally put in a number other than 9B…)

Anyway, here's what happens when I use it: The game freezes most of the time, and sometimes gives the "This isn't the time to use this!" message, but a few times this happened: It started playing the Gym Leader battle music and the screen faded out into a battle, but the swirling animation that turns the screen black when you start a Trainer battle only covered the bottom half of the screen. I then entered a battle with a Metapod, and the graphics were glitched in the same way they are after catching MissingNo. The message said, "The hooked METAPOD attacked!," and then the battle menu appeared, but I hadn't sent out a Pok?mon! It looked as though my character (glitched, of course, just like my avatar) was battling the Metapod. Selecting FIGHT froze the game. Upon triggering the glitched battle again, I found that selecting PKMN works normally, but when I tried to switch to my only Pok?mon (a Squirtle), it said, "| ACE    | is already out!" (ACE is my character's name.) Selecting ITEM made this message appear: "PA: Ding-dong! You are out of Safari Balls!" After this, the game froze. I haven't tried to run from this battle yet. I will get screenshots soon.

Using the item in-battle created the exact same effects as the Super Glitch move: the music slowly grew quieter and then stopped, the  enemy Pok?mon became burned and its HP bar stretched across the screen, and the message "[glitch blocks] TM TRAINER DITTO is hurt by the burn!" appeared. Like Super Glitch, it also froze the game when the battle ended.

Date: 2006-06-17 17:17:56
You got to click then cancel the item at the pokemart.

Other items will open up a glitchy pokemart, but I never managed to make that item xparasite9 told me about.

If that item can create a Super Glitch effect, then there must be some kind of glitch data that triggers them, and the attacks and the item are pointed to it.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-06-20 01:35:10
Hmmm…. Maybe the Metapod battle using 'v could let you send out a Pokemon but maybe when you select a Pokemon the game freezes when you (as in |  <your name>  |) are sent back into a pokeball. Maybe… just maybe… I don't know. Anyone want to try this one out?

Date: 2006-06-26 01:34:53
you need to buy the item, not put it in your first slot XD.

Date: 2006-06-26 02:09:34
uhh, guys? I think we should take the names off of the biglist. We have spies stealing our reseacrch. It's best that TR Rose thinks that this hole is just that; a hole with no items.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-06-26 14:35:18

uhh, guys? I think we should take the names off of the biglist. We have spies stealing our reseacrch. It's best that TR Rose thinks that this hole is just that; a hole with no items.

What?! Spies? Where?!

I checked the trsrockin List and she still has the ? marks in most of the item slots.

Posted by: Har D Har Koopa
Date: 2006-08-14 01:17:59
I already have done them and more! Here:
My experimentS:
Hex Attacks:
AA: No attack, if you enter a battle, game freezes.
AB: Nameless, 20PP out of 3(?),always fails.
AC: No attack, if you battle and select attack, game freezes.
AD: See AB.
AE: .glitch blocks, 20PP out of 8, always misses.
AF: No name, 20 PP out of 26, always misses.
B0: See AA.
B1: See AA.
B2: See AA.
B3: Nameless Ghost Type move, 20PP out of 20, when used, It says,[insert pokemon name here] is to scared to move. then it says,'Ghost:Get out! Get out!'
B4: See AB
B5: See AB
B6: Nameless Normal Move, 20PP out of 0, always misses.
B7: Nameless Poisen Move, 29PP out of 20, frezes game when used.
B8: Nameless Normal Move, 20PP out of 58, freezes game.
B9: Nameless Move, 20PP out of 20, freezes game.
BA: See AA
BB: See AA
BC: Nameless Move, 20PP out of 8, sucks health from enemy.
BD: See AC
BE: AA
Hex Items:
69: glitchblockmlglitchblock,costs $915086, makes the screen flash from white to black, then after a while stops.
6A: glitchblock-gglitchblockmlglitchblock, costs $918480, freezes game when used.
6B: glitchblock, costs $938581, does nothing when used.
6C: 'e, costs $809191, does nothing when used. cannot toss
6D: glitchblockilglitchblock, costs $509594, does nothing when used. cannot toss
6E: Lgglitchblock-, costs $912085, does nothing when used.
6F: See 6A
70: glitchblockQGnglitchblockSl, costs $915093, does nothing when used. cannot toss
71: GnglitchblockSl, costs $949693, freezes game when used.
72: glitchblockQ;MP-, costs $859280, freezes game when used. cannot toss
73: ;MP-, costs $955081, freezes game when used.
74: DHnhlT4, costs $888298, freezes game when used.
75: glitch blocks, freezes game when selected in shop.
76: glitch blocks, costs $508194, freezes game when used.
Whoops, I am not done yet.