Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Usergroup Badges Remake - Page 1

Usergroup Badges Remake

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-29 13:33:28
As you can obviously see, the forums stars have been replaced with new rank badges
They look good at the moment, but they look a bit…. basic. I have decided to remake them.

Tell me what you think, if you guys like them then I will finish them off. If not, I will save time on not make the rest.

Re: Usergroup Badges Remake

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-29 14:09:20
They're actually kind of irritating, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-10-29 14:15:55
I think the badges are much too bug, they completely divert your attention to them, which is rather annoying.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-29 14:32:17
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-29 14:35:48
Just make the arrows smaller or just use the little tables with the user group name in them or something

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-29 15:06:38
Yes, they are annoying. I think there should be stars on them if we are keeping them. I don't like them though. :-\ I do like the remakes though ;D.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-29 15:07:55
I didn't design the original, just so you know.

Posted by: Sarial
Date: 2007-10-29 15:13:49
I don't really care for these rank badges, and I'd like to see stars back -.-

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-10-29 18:12:53

I don't really care for these rank badges, and I'd like to see stars back -.-

Yeah.
Me too.
The stars WERE better than these badges.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-29 18:29:22
I'll have you people know I stayed up half past midnight making those goddamn badges. It's quite refreshing to come home from school to get insulted.

Okay guys, you can have the fucking stars back if you want. Just don't expect me to properly adjust the postcount rank stars because I've already fucked around enough in there.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-10-29 18:36:30
I actualy liked the arrow badges, they just looked a bit MSPainted.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2007-10-29 18:41:01

I'll have you people know I stayed up half past midnight making those goddamn badges. It's quite refreshing to come home from school to get insulted.

Okay guys, you can have the fucking stars back if you want. Just don't expect me to properly adjust the postcount rank stars because I've already fucked around enough in there.

Okay, see, the reason I think we all didn't like the new badges (yes, me included, I found them somewhat annoying, no offense), is because we weren't used to them. It's like a freaking huge change.

Date: 2007-10-29 18:53:17

Just don't expect me to properly adjust the postcount rank stars because I've already fucked around enough in there.

Properly adjusted now.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-29 18:54:27
k thnx

also is there anything I could have done to make the badges better? I can kind of tell it's a bit paint-ish (thanks Newo for the redone ones), and the insignia are a bit big… maybe resize the insignia?

Date: 2007-10-29 19:02:12

k thnx

also is there anything I could have done to make the badges better? I can kind of tell it's a bit paint-ish (thanks Newo for the redone ones), and the insignia are a bit big… maybe resize the insignia?

I wouldn't mind if you had 16x16 (or 15x15) icons for each member that'd go to the left of their names. I used to go to a site that had these kinds of badges.

Yeah… that's pretty much the only thing I can think of that I wouldn't find annoying. If we do decide to go with that idea, I could make some of them.