Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Usergroup Badges Remake - Page 2

Re: Usergroup Badges Remake

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-10-29 19:06:39
The insignia could probably be resized to be that small. *tries it out*

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-29 20:17:36
They weren't bad, they just needed to be smaller.

Date: 2007-10-30 01:18:10
Gah. The insignia don't want to resize to 16x16 - the stripes get all blurry and collide when I do that. The best I could get them were a bit under 32x32, which is still a bit too big.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-10-30 15:55:29
Good, it's back to the stars then. I see you used them in the usergroup thread.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-10-30 18:48:11
Yeah stars are cooler…but I have a questoin…why do I have two rows of stars and one row is pink/purple!??!

Date: 2007-10-30 20:16:13

Yeah stars are cooler…but I have a questoin…why do I have two rows of stars and one row is pink/purple!??!

The purple stars are Glitch Scientist stars.

Date: 2007-10-30 20:51:35
Here are my proposed redesign of the insignia. They'll be meant to fit to the left of the username, to get rid of the pluses and asterisks. We'll be keeping the stars.

Also note that regular members don't get any insignia.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-10-31 11:02:02

Here are my proposed redesign of the insignia. They'll be meant to fit to the left of the username, to get rid of the pluses and asterisks. We'll be keeping the stars.

Sounds good to me. I think that would work quite well.

Posted by: hoggins
Date: 2007-10-31 11:58:53

Sounds good to me. I think that would work quite well.

Same here, I'm not that into having a plus by my name, but I'd be happy with these.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-10-31 14:59:35
These new insignias seem good, but the Valued Contributer looks too much like the Decamark Researcher, so I made an orange pallete swap of it:

[attachimg=1]

Who thinks that color fits the Valued Contributer color?

Date: 2007-10-31 15:01:14
I think Valued Contributors should have that one, and Decamarkers have the same one in Abwayax's post. It goes better with the colors of the usernames.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-10-31 15:30:40
I made some pallete swaped to be more like the color of the usergroup name (especially Global Mod, it was way too dark)

Member +:

[attachimg=1]

Global Mod:

[attachimg=2]

Every other insignia looks fine to me. What ones do you like better, mine or Abbs?

(note: If you read this Abb, I only did this so the color would be a bit more like the user group color)

Date: 2007-10-31 18:13:52

I made some pallete swaped to be more like the color of the usergroup name (especially Global Mod, it was way too dark)

Member +:

[attachimg=1]

Global Mod:

[attachimg=2]

Every other insignia looks fine to me. What ones do you like better, mine or Abbs?

(note: If you read this Abb, I only did this so the color would be a bit more like the user group color)
I think the Member+ one fits better yes. As for the Global Modrator one, I think it looks better dark as it distinguishes it from ditinguished.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-10-31 19:57:57
We should still have stars, though…

Date: 2007-10-31 22:07:46

Member +:

[attachimg=1]

Global Mod:

[attachimg=2]

I think the Member+ one fits better yes. As for the Global Modrator one, I think it looks better dark as it distinguishes it from ditinguished.

Distinguished is already a light blue. We don't need to make global mod really dark to make it look different.