Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Articles Needing Attention - Page 2

Re: Articles Needing Attention

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-11-14 06:32:48

the page "http://glitchcity.info/biglist.htm"; is perfectly understandable, but unprintable. i don't usually play my g/s/c/r/b/y while sitting at my computer chair, and it would take quite a while to reformat it on notepad (whenever i try to paste it into my version of microsoft works word processor, it just closes the program)
I have printed it before and it worked fine.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-11-14 10:42:23

the page "http://glitchcity.info/biglist.htm"; is perfectly understandable, but unprintable. i don't usually play my g/s/c/r/b/y while sitting at my computer chair, and it would take quite a while to reformat it on notepad (whenever i try to paste it into my version of microsoft works word processor, it just closes the program)

It prints fine for me.  Are you printing it directly from your browser?

Posted by: mischeviousone1
Date: 2009-11-20 11:19:56
yea i see it does work if printed directly from browser, but i don't wanna have to print off nine pages, i wanted it smaller, but i guess i'll just have to do it.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-11-20 18:24:53

yea i see it does work if printed directly from browser, but i don't wanna have to print off nine pages, i wanted it smaller, but i guess i'll just have to do it.

You can choose which pages you want to print.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-11-20 19:18:49

You can choose which pages you want to print.

Stuff like printing is horribly OS- and browser-dependent. You can do that in Firefox and Opera, but s/he uses Chrome so that might not apply (Alas, the Linux dev build of Chrome doesn't seem to support printing so I can't tell him/her how to do it in that browser)

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-11-20 22:11:06
Not that it needed more attention but I thought I'd work on the Q Trick Article a bit. I added a separate section on the article page for using Pokemon Stadium 2 to make non-evolving hybrids as well as returning innocent Pokemon turned into Charizard 'M/Q's to normal.

While I've researched my method multiple times and have gotten the same result each time, I wanted to make sure if it was alright to keep it on the article despite no on testing it here besides me. I have planned on uploading a video or two of this method onto youtube but I lack the items needed for such. They are:
A way to record it off the TV, a Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow game with a Q or Charizard 'M, My Nintendo 64 is missing at the moment as well as all of my Transfer Paks.

I would record it off of an emulator but I lack a Pokemon Stadium 2 rom (which are very hard to come by nowadays) and a Save file for a GB game that has Q/Charizard 'M on it. Also my internet connection is horrible so getting a rom of it if I happen to find one won't be easy.

Also the Windows version of Chrome 3.0 has a print feature. Just thought I'd clear that up since I'm using it. I'm not sure how well it works though. I'll try it now….

It does have a thing that allows you to select what pages you want to print.

Posted by: ApoPhyS
Date: 2010-02-20 21:12:41
^ http://search.4shared.com/network/search.jsp?searchmode=2&searchName=pokemon+stadium+2

I see several Stadium 2 roms listed.

The Ditto Trick can be done on the Elite 4, after saving (by changing boxes in a PC) and resetting.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2010-02-21 02:35:33

^ http://search.4shared.com/network/search.jsp?searchmode=2&searchName=pokemon+stadium+2

I see several Stadium 2 roms listed.

The Ditto Trick can be done on the Elite 4, after saving (by changing boxes in a PC) and resetting.
You can add to the wiki, you know.

Posted by: animecrazy493
Date: 2011-11-06 08:10:56
I think that http://glitchcity.info/wiki/index.php/Pokemon Gold and Silver Gameshark Codes is a little unclear, and I can't even figure out what some of the codes do. I think some more information should be added to some of the codes, and I would like to know which cause temporary changes or permanent changes.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-11-06 09:29:17
The stat ones are recalculated once you reach a new level or put you pokémon in the box. But the ones that change the Exp. from a certain stat are permanent.

Btw, I once was bored, and as I couldn't find a decent list on the webs (the one on serebii has like 4 codes, and some don't work), I've made a(n incomplete) list of GS codes for japanese Red/Green (here). Should them be added here as well?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-11-06 17:57:42

Btw, I once was bored, and as I couldn't find a decent list on the webs (the one on serebii has like 4 codes, and some don't work), I've made a(n incomplete) list of GS codes for japanese Red/Green (here). Should them be added here as well?

Sure, go ahead. Good job with these!

I was under the impression that Serebii just added Pokémon Red/Blue Gameshark codes and labelled them as 'Pokémon Green codes', although it happens that not all Pokémon Red/Blue codes are identical to the Pokémon Red and Blue codes. You may have noticed that all the Japanese Gameshark codes for Generation I are the same; for example 01XXBFCF is the same code on Pocket Monsters Pikachu and Pocket Monsters Blue.

There was actually a similar thread from 2008 like that, since these codes are really scarce without typing in Japanese characters themselves into search engines. Later GSCentral have started documenting Japanese Generation I Pokémon codes, I actually submitted a couple to their database; the database for Japan Generation I codes you can find here.

Here are some Korean Pokémon Gold codes which I've just generated because there's actually at least one unique regional difference in this game believe it or not. Although it was released in 2002, making it one of the last Game Boy games ever. (I think the last official Game Boy Color game was a Doraemon Kanjii game released in 2003) I'll start a thread about this regional difference later.

The general idea for those is to add 0x01 to the first byte, then knock 0x43 from the second. (As a Gameshark code that's the other way round i.e. in 01XXYYZZ knock 0x43 from YY and add 0x01 to ZZ.)

Pokémon Geum:
01XXAAD1 (wild Pokémon modifier)
01XX00D1 (entrance modifier)
01XX01D1-01XX02D1 (area modifier)
01XX6BD6 (first item)
+1 of 6th digit for item/quantities 1-20

Also, IIMarckus documented all of the area digits (note that these are for Crystal however). The Daycare Center one 0x0B, 0x18 took me to another route in Pokémon Gold, though I didn't test Crystal.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-11-06 20:50:00
Thanks. Just did. :3

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-11-09 22:24:34
This needs an article, badly. Arguably RBY's debug functions too if they're not on here already.

I'll probably do it, but I'll use this to remind myself.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-11-10 13:19:53

This needs an article, badly. Arguably RBY's debug functions too if they're not on here already.

I'll probably do it, but I'll use this to remind myself.

Thanks.

Noting we have an article for this: https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Mobile_System_GB_error_traps

Not sure if we have all of the debug functions (like the test battle and debug new game) on the wiki, but there is an incomplete list where it can go here:
https://glitchcity.info/wiki/Debugging_features_within_Pok%C3%A9mon_Red/Blue/Yellow

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-11-23 23:08:06
Not an article, but still…

@Evie what happened here?

Page: Japan-only glitches