Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Rule Revisions - Page 1

Rule Revisions

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-12-14 22:05:28
I'm getting some feedback lately that suggests that the rules are in need of revision. So please, tell me what you think I should do regarding said rules.

Re: Rule Revisions

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-12-14 22:15:29
Reactivate the Warn O Meter

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-15 00:53:49
Sexual harassing shouldn't be allowed anywhere on the site (though there hasn't been any as of yet, as far as I can see).

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-15 04:19:11

Sexual harassing shouldn't be allowed anywhere on the site (though there hasn't been any as of yet, as far as I can see).

How can you sexually harass someone on a forum? You can sexually discriminate and make sexist comments, but not really harass.

Posted by: Skeith
Date: 2007-12-15 11:48:40
Now allow double posting unless it's for a good reason.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2007-12-16 01:04:57

How can you sexually harass someone on a forum? You can sexually discriminate and make sexist comments, but not really harass.

Here's a way: tell a member "Hey, care for a fuck in the ass?" Or here's another way: post "hey, I'm your age, you're my age, how about we meet at (insert name of place here) and I show (insert name of person here) a good time?"

note: This has never happened on this site as far as I know, but it could in the future.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-16 07:17:32

Here's a way: tell a member "Hey, care for a f**k in the ass?" Or here's another way: post "hey, I'm your age, you're my age, how about we meet at (insert name of place here) and I show (insert name of person here) a good time?"

note: This has never happened on this site as far as I know, but it could in the future.

Isn't that called sexual flaming and online stalking, in that order?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-16 11:06:56
I think that creating your own ridiculously high post count so you can look like the top poster should not be allowed.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-16 11:13:34

I think that creating your own ridiculously high post count so you can look like the top poster should not be allowed.

I think I said that earlier somewhere.

Date: 2007-12-16 11:33:44

You should read the rules before you suggest changes to them.
Sexual Harassment, besides never happing, would break rules:
#4, #13, #9, and especially rule #8.
So read the rules, then ask to make amends to them.

Date: 2007-12-17 19:17:00
I believe double posting should be freely allowed. However, that should be as many posts consecutively as you can have. No triple, quadruple, quintuple, etc. posting. (Okay, I used to have that problem at the last forum I frequented, setting the amazing record of octuple posting-woah!-but I'm over that by now.)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-18 13:06:34
Octuple, that's 10 right?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-18 13:53:28
Oct is eight; dectuple would be ten.

Though honestly I think the rules are fine as they are, just excessively wordy.

Date: 2007-12-18 14:53:10
If they weren't so specific, people would purposely be trying to use loopholes.

Date: 2007-12-18 16:15:19

If they weren't so specific, people would purposely be trying to use loopholes.

Which would be breaking the rules anyway