Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

What happened to my avatar? - Page 1

What happened to my avatar?

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-01-03 19:41:03
I just came back to GCL to see that my entire avatar is gone. Did someone hack into my profile or something?

Re: What happened to my avatar?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-01-03 19:44:02

I just came back to GCL to see that my entire avatar is gone. Did someone hack into my profile or something?
I don't know. The admins could of removed it.

Date: 2008-01-03 19:46:41
Why would they remove the mustached monkey?

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2008-01-03 19:49:54
The mustached monkey is gone? What a tragedy! Power abuse at the least!  >:(

But I can't imagine that someone would vandalize your profile just to remove that. Maybe there was a bug in the Forum or something.

Date: 2008-01-03 19:52:30
DiD it happen to anyone else?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-03 19:55:07
Yeah, someone hacked your profile, at around 6-7 EST.  It was shortly after I told #glitchcity that your sig was too big again.  Well, it's better than the hack was before, it was a woman holding a cat and below it it said, "Mustached Monkey is the dumbest mini-meme ever."  Also notice some sig stuff went away.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2008-01-03 19:58:09
Who hacked his profile?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-01-03 20:02:39
You had an avatar that said "The mustached monkey is a lame mini-meme!". An admin removed it because they thought a hacker put it there. Did you put that avatar there?

Date: 2008-01-03 20:03:42
Uhh… Zed, would we be having this discussion if we knew who did it?

Date: 2008-01-03 20:04:25
WHAT!!! Who the fuck did that to me?!?! Track the motherfucker down! I loved the mustached monkey and I didn't put that text there!!

Date: 2008-01-03 20:06:09
Uhh… avatar was a girl holding a cat, personal text below it was "The Mustashed Monkey is the dumbest mini-meme ever"

RPB, I have a cached image of the mustached Monkey so I can get the link to it so you can repair it.

Date: 2008-01-03 20:10:19
Yes, but I had a monkey as my avatar and where is my entire signature? I'm scared that someone is going to destroy my membership. HELP!!! This was my picture, I was gone on a trip for two hours. what the hell has happened????!!!!

Date: 2008-01-03 20:12:49
sorry for freaking out, but I might have a hacker in my profile, and where are my deep sea creatures and periotic table.

Date: 2008-01-03 20:15:29
I think xpara removed the mustached monkey and sig.  Kyouki didn't, nor Abwayax, Sorreah, me, Foobot, Yuzi I know doesn't care, Mino wasn't on, Newo either, Ragna wasn't on, IIMarkus wasn't on, Locke, Zach, most admins weren't on. That seems to leave xpara.

Note: This is a thought, NOT a fact.

Edit: RPB, sigs too big again. >_>

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-01-03 20:23:00

You had an avatar that said "The mustached monkey is a lame mini-meme!". An admin removed it because they thought a hacker put it there. Did you put that avatar there?
whoa… I'm an admin?