Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Importance of old threads - Page 1

Importance of old threads

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-01-21 19:44:47
An ongoing dispute with a user who has been repeatedly insisting that "the people" would prefer if I delete or hide old threads. Do you think these old threads do nothing but get in the way of things?

Re: Importance of old threads

Posted by: crazysquid34
Date: 2009-01-21 20:04:42
That is not what I said. I said to put it in a folder so you can refer to them in the future. There is two sides to every story! I said this on a private message!

Date: 2009-01-21 20:05:59
And I did not say "the people" I said "Like many breast cancer patients, I have something I would like to get off of my chest. Abwayax I know that you hate to delete stuff, but there is too much crap on these forums. All this cluster makes it hard to see what is NEW and what is OLD. Even if the subjects say new, it usually is from 2 years ago. It is time for a change!"

that is exact!

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-21 20:11:27
No, he means this when he says the people minimoose34 (yes, we all know it's you, it's pretty obvious): http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,4453.0.html

Date: 2009-01-21 20:13:02
That was a different subject. I didnt say "the people" on this one!

Date: 2009-01-21 20:14:05
Abawax you can't vote thats cheating! I didn't vote because this is the PUBLIC'S decision!

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-01-21 20:15:52
Admins, can vote too. And I vote no.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-21 20:16:43
Please stop double posting before WOM gets fired out the CANNON.

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-01-27 16:59:07
Uhh, no. Old threads are very important (especially to me-they hold the posts of my old account).

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-03 17:12:58

That is not what I said. I said to put it in a folder so you can refer to them in the future. There is two sides to every story! I said this on a private message!

wow. Hard to believe that this dumbass caused so much damage in such a small amount of time. It is a good thing I was absent from GCL for most of January. If I were on when this was going on I would have flamed this retard clear to the moon. No one talks about Abwayax like that and gets away with it while I'm around! Same case with the Tweaker (mostly because Tweaker and I Ironically are the same age and share the same birthday, October 2. Kind of Creepy isn't it? As for Abwayax, he is an out of this world cool guy that deserves respect. Also he is what makes the Forums go round and without him what would we all do? I hope I'm not crossing a boundary or anything like that when I say this but, I just love this guy. I love him like an older brother. Abwayax is so easy to look up to.) 

Edit: As a side note I voted no because it give users (especially those new to GCL) the opportunity to have any questions answered for an already existing topic and them not having to make a new topic and annoy us other members with a new topic that was answered already sometime before. Saves Space on the Forums if you ask me. Also some threads will have sentimental value to the creators and the creators might want to go back someday in like 500 years from now (I'm over exaggerating a bit as you can tell.) and recollect on stuff they did in that thread.(such as their first post ever.) 

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2009-02-06 20:38:01

wow. Hard to believe that this dumbass caused so much damage in such a small amount of time. It is a good thing I was absent from GCL for most of January. If I were on when this was going on I would have flamed this retard clear to the moon. No one talks about Abwayax like that and gets away with it while I'm around! Same case with the Tweaker (mostly because Tweaker and I Ironically are the same age and share the same birthday, October 2. Kind of Creepy isn't it? As for Abwayax, he is an out of this world cool guy that deserves respect. Also he is what makes the Forums go round and without him what would we all do? I hope I'm not crossing a boundary or anything like that when I say this but, I just love this guy. I love him like an older brother. Abwayax is so easy to look up to.) 

Edit: As a side note I voted no because it give users (especially those new to GCL) the opportunity to have any questions answered for an already existing topic and them not having to make a new topic and annoy us other members with a new topic that was answered already sometime before. Saves Space on the Forums if you ask me. Also some threads will have sentimental value to the creators and the creators might want to go back someday in like 500 years from now (I'm over exaggerating a bit as you can tell.) and recollect on stuff they did in that thread.(such as their first post ever.) 

Typical somewhat-mindless site creator-worshiping.

And what "damage" did he cause? >_>

Anyways, it would only be useful if GCL had an anti-necrobumping rule (IIRC, but I'm very outdated)

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-02-06 20:54:15
Blitzer, you don't know how good it feels to see things like that. Perhaps if you spent ~5 years on an undertaking as large as this, suffer numerous server downtimes, mediate staff and member disagreements, and other things of that nature, THEN you'd appreciate it when someone appreciates all the hard work you put into something. I don't expect people to build altars to me, but I like it when people appreciate what I do for them, because in the end, GCL exists for end users, not for the staff (although we all enjoy working on it, else we wouldn't be doing so). As far as I can tell, your most useful contribution to the collective knowledge of this forum is this thing about a kid born with an extra penis (and not even a working penis, at that). Although I'd admit that CrazySquid or whatever didn't really do any damage per se… he just threw one temper tantrum. I think we're getting a bit more strict over the years - we used to let people do that multiple times before a ban.

FYI, we do have a necroposting rule now. Must I redirect everyone to the rules every time they change and force them to check off a "Yes, I have read the rules" box before being able to post again?

Threads at least 4 months old shouldn't be posted in unless there's a bloody good reason.

Date: 2009-02-06 20:57:48
I was thinking that perhaps locking the old threads, that are beyond 4 months old to prevent anymore problems.

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2009-02-06 21:24:20
I disagree. It's still better to smack people individually for temporally challenged posts.

Old threads should still be left open. As a matter of respect to the Importance of old threads. And mabye somebody might come along with a bloody good post.

Date: 2009-02-06 21:31:37
I highly doubt it. If there's any old topics on my forums, they are immeadatly locked.