Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Importance of old threads - Page 2

Re: Importance of old threads

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-02-06 22:39:06
I had a legit reason for getting pissed off at CrazySquid because he broke rule number 1, eleventy-billion times.(yes I'm over exaggerating the number but at the same time the number mentioned isn't a real number.) Have you saw all of his trashed posts? They were fucking retarded (except for IRS Boooo! of course. XD.)

Lets see here…. *Starts digging through the dumpster out back*

There's this post:
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,4473.0.html

I'll just put this here for the hell of it and besides, Abwayax kind of adopted it as his catch phrase. I think I finally figured out how stupid this one was and why it was. (which is why it was and still is so funny.) The topic with the IRC discussion. he said IRS instead. It is obvious this was a little kid we were dealing with. (A little kid who wasn't mature enough to figure out what an IRC channel was.)
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,4475.0.html

We all know it was obvious he didn't belong here so banning him was probably the best thing we did for him. Still you do have to pity the poor mortal though, because he could not grasp or begin to comprehend the power of GCL. He was destined to get banned. I want to note, that if I ever get banned for whatever reason I will still support and help GCL in whatever secret ways I can.
(I did the same when I decided to act like an idiot on Sonic Retro and got banned on my first day. It wasn't one of my best moments and I felt embarassed and like an idiot. After that I vowed to clear up my act so on every forum I decided that I was going to take any measures necessary to avoid getting banned. Even though I was banned I still support Sonic Retro by visiting their site and providing links to it in my Sonic hacking forum that I refuse to tell anything about because it is for rogues and misfits in the Sonic Hacking Community. If I could have a second chance there I'd take it.)

I have matured and grew in such a short period of time being here. I remember when I first got here how much of an arsehole I was to the Admins. IIMarckus should remember. I'm also the reason why the rom hacking forum was closed (or at least I believe so anyways.) All of you pissed off about that can throw things at me if you want now as I kind of deserve every bit of it.

Anyways I went way off subject (Stupid Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, you ruin everything. Oh if you see me acting crazy in the forums it is most likely because I failed to take my hyperactivity medication. I just hope that if that does happen I won't be bouncing off the walls or causing general Chaos in the forums. I probably won't though since I'm pretty calm in most forums except for a few occasions where I get frustrated or have been having a bad day. If I flame someone I usually apologize for it later on after I leave the forums to cool down for a bit. I'm not the kind of guy who would feel good about making someone else feel small unless they were a general trouble maker.)

Phew! Now that I've got that out I feel much better now! I apologize for going of subject and making such a huge ass post but I had a lot of stuff to cover in this time frame. At least now I can avoid going off subject for quite a while after this. You admins can take turns kicking me in the shins if you want. I know you guys have been dying to since I got here. XD.)   

Posted by: Thomas
Date: 2009-02-07 15:29:21

Blitzer, you don't know how good it feels to see things like that. Perhaps if you spent ~5 years on an undertaking as large as this, suffer numerous server downtimes, mediate staff and member disagreements, and other things of that nature, THEN you'd appreciate it when someone appreciates all the hard work you put into something. I don't expect people to build altars to me, but I like it when people appreciate what I do for them, because in the end, GCL exists for end users, not for the staff (although we all enjoy working on it, else we wouldn't be doing so). As far as I can tell, your most useful contribution to the collective knowledge of this forum is this thing about a kid born with an extra penis (and not even a working penis, at that). Although I'd admit that CrazySquid or whatever didn't really do any damage per se… he just threw one temper tantrum. I think we're getting a bit more strict over the years - we used to let people do that multiple times before a ban.
FYI, we do have a necroposting rule now. Must I redirect everyone to the rules every time they change and force them to check off a "Yes, I have read the rules" box before being able to post again?

Threads at least 4 months old shouldn't be posted in unless there's a bloody good reason.

Yes, I know that. I actually used to throw them on a regular basis when I was Tommy Walker.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-02-13 10:58:01

I was thinking that perhaps locking the old threads, that are beyond 4 months old to prevent anymore problems.

Yeah, I was doing that idea in the intros thread, but its trashed now.