Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Pok©mon? - Page 1

Pok©mon?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-09-08 20:45:33
What's with the filter changing Pokeemon (double e on purpose) into Pok©mon? Is this a new experiment or something like that? I don't really care what it looks like anyways- I was just curious as to what prompted the change.

Re: Pok©mon?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-09-08 20:53:13
You're doing it wrong.

You have to explicitly put the é now (Alt+0233 on PC, Opt+E, E on Mac).

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-09-08 21:09:17
What the hell you on about? For as long as I've been on this forum no one had to use the "é" in Pok©mon. We could just say Pok©mon without this werid alt codes showing up. A laptop can't use the number keypad on a normal PC keyboard, so I don't know what is going on.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-08 21:45:21

You're doing it wrong.

You have to explicitly put the é now (Alt+0233 on PC, Opt+E, E on Mac).

If that's a rule, it's a dumb one.
Really.

I doubt it's true.

Date: 2009-09-08 21:53:08
Nope, I see nothing about using the alt code "é" in Pok©mon in the rules.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-09-08 22:12:41
I'm pretty sure you can say Pokémon with the accent.

EDIT: Yeah. Just press Alt+130. What the hell are you guys on about?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-09-08 22:34:17
"Experiment" is a pretty good way to put it.

It's supposed to filter to the version with the é, but there's some encoding problems going on somewhere along the line. We're getting things sorted out, don't worry

Date: 2009-09-09 08:27:13
Would it explain when I use the ¬ ¬ (without space) comes up as something else?

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-09-09 09:57:12

We only have a few rules here:

[li]We expect proper English from all members, with the exception of people who show an obvious difficulty in typing the English language. Do not use shortcuts or pointless abbreviations. "Pokémon" is always "Pokémon" ("Pok©mon" is acceptable too) - never "pokes", "pkmn", or "pkm", for example.

Date: 2009-09-09 10:20:41
It still says we can use Pok©mon not the way you claim.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-09-09 14:11:16
No no, Mutou Yami, you're forgetting the sub-paragraphed section exclusively made by and for CJ Miller to enforce at his own free will with no consequences except making him pissed and post action text against you if you break them.

Date: 2009-09-09 14:14:15
That makes no sense and he isn't an admin. He can't do anything other than bitch at everyone. I've always used Pok©mon without the alt code. It's not a "shortcut" it's a normal way of saying Poemon without the French e in it.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-09-09 14:17:39
Just type Pok©mon like this. Just take a chillpill it doesnt matter and its not like anybody really cares how its typed.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-09-09 14:20:35

That makes no sense and he isn't an admin. He can't do anything other than bitch at everyone. I've always used Pok©mon without the alt code. It's not a "shortcut" it's a normal way of saying Poemon without the French e in it.

Maybe that's why it was a joke.

Date: 2009-09-09 15:01:16
Come up with abetter one, that one wasn't even funny.