Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

The Brand New, and Improved "The Final Solution" - Page 1

The Brand New, and Improved "The Final Solution"

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2007-12-30 11:30:24
Well now that I'm back, I get to enjoy 2 things I couldn't when I was gone. Pretend I know something about glitches, and write TFS. Well to be quite honest, I didn't exactly like the direction The Final Solution was going in, and I don't exactly think the deaths I had planned for the KWSM in the 5th Chapter would have been too fitting, since now we're friends, so I'm going to re-do it.

But before we start, I'm going to have a sign-up sheet. If you want to be written in TFS, post here in the following template:

Name:
Appearance: (Be as descriptive as possible)
Personality:
History:
Alliance: (Knights, EAoA, some Rebel force I haven't yet named, or not allied with anyone)
Ability: (For example, are they good at fighting, or a genius? What kind of weapon do they use, or do they use magic? Again, be as descriptive as possible)

I'll post a story synoposis soon, but in the meantime, here's an example of my character:

Name: Don Watermeleon
Appearance: Don Watermeleon is around 7 feet tall, and about 270 lbs, all of which is muscle. He wears a white military uniform, with light blue pauldrons, a cape, white gloves and shoes, an wears the Knight's Cross logo as a badge on his shirt. On his side is his powerful sword, past down to every Knight Idol through the generations, known as "The Creator". Unlike most swords that the Knights are given, which look like western claymores, this one is extremely wide and large, much like a broadsword, the hilt is incrusted with fine blue jewels and made of silver, and inscribed on the long blade reads "Idol's in Heaven, All's Right in the World". Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. His head is a giant watermelon slice, not that of a normal human being, and ontop of his head he wears a tall, military-ish hat with a feather. It's hard to describe, I might draw a picture.
Personality: Being the Knight's Idol and all, Don Watermeleon tries to keep up a good reputation, and to others he is very kind and generous, and few doubt that he is good leader. Even to his enemies, Don Watermeleon does his best to be understanding and honorable to, and is not one to fight. But if necessary, to protect his people and the Knight's honor, he is a dangerous foe.
History: Bleh, to be quite honest, this part has to many spoilers for me to explain Don Watermeleon's history. So I'm just…not going to do it. I'll need your history, though, to correctly write you into the story.
Alliance: The Epic Arm-Oh wait, I mean the Knights.
Ability: Besides being larger and more powerful than most of his opponents, and being a master at wielding a blade, Don Watermeleon's true stregnth lies in the fact that he's a Knight Idol, which is the equivolent of a God. So therefore, Don Watermeleon has nearly limitless ability with his powers, even able to change the fabric of time to stop an opponent from ever existing. However, Don Watermeleon seldomly using these powers, not wanting to shame the honor of the Knights, and functions most of his life as a normal human being.

Oh yeah, and the only other people probably allowed to have as God-Mode-y a character as me are going to be the leader of the EAoA and the Rebellion people. Anyone can apply to be leader, I'll decide on it at a later date.

DEADLINE TO GET YOUR CHARACTER IN IS DECEMBER 31st!

Re: The Brand New, and Improved "The Final Solution"

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2007-12-30 13:36:36
Well Don I never really "hated: you, and i always found your storytelling amusing so I thought I'd support this

Name:FooBot
Appearance: plain gray padded chain armor for mobility, with a white tabard with a kind of sun on it like rays going out, boots have blades hidden in the soles. Stand 6ft even.
Personality:Loyal to his friends and allies even in conflict he tries not to figh unless neccessary, diplomatic soluton is his first option, but when confronted with no other option he will fight. Always atempts to follow his own path of Justice. Can be paranoid at times and far to trusting at others
History: A member of the KWSM before they were disbandedand an officer in the EAoA he has always strived for what he saw as justice. lets give him the only survivor kind ofthing lie his villiage was slaughtered or somthing?
Alliance: Casual officer of the EAoA, formerly the KWSM
Ability: ok at fighting, uses a polearm and his own speed to dodge around opponents, tries to think his way through fights and is a good strategist, when angered his eyes go al yellow glowy sprouts some kinda awesome glowy angelic wings, and he enters a clearer state of consciousness where he can fight without any distraction and his abilities speed stamina strength all increase(Zeruel)

Date: 2007-12-30 13:39:49
Thanks for posting this. The reason I have these character submittal things is just incase you probably wouldn't be in the story, it would ensure you a spot, or if perhaps you didn't think you'd like the character I'd give you.

But thanks for your submittal, Foobot. I might even post the first chapter tomorrow.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-12-30 14:15:04
Name: Missing? NO!
Appearance: Muscular, wears green and black in a flame formation , two chains down back and front that make and X and shoes with small bullets poking out. 6ft tall.
Personality: Caring, puts others before self. High temper when angered. Thinker, well thought out plans.
History: Was a member of KWSM before they disbanded, then after walking alone in the woods for many days and nights, came to a place called GCL, after the GCL leader died and GCL disbanded, stays at base and finds supples to build project KAR-KAR-E, a transforming robot suit that would make him more powerful.
Alliance: Not allied.
Ablity: Operating machinery, cannot fight until project KAR-KAR-E is finished. Execlentt bulider.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2007-12-30 17:48:08
Name: Phrawger
Appearance: [img]http://img.tektek.org/av/m12/d30/17/b63887.png[/img]
Personality:Easy-going and mellow. Wide vocabulary range, polite almost all the time.
History: Has had a rough history with Don Watermeleon and his Knights, and so have his followers. He has put aside most of this history and is on somewhat friendly terms with all groups. He has changed his focus to eliminating the stupid and ignorant to ensure that the intelligent inherit the earth. He is the head of the Archmages along with his sister FlameMaiden and his friend Blaze. He doesn't feel the need to attack other groups, but will defend if his cause is being threatened.
Alliance: Archmages of Truth (AoT)
Ability: Wields a staff that enhances his magic powers. He can use magic to teleport, turn invisible, create and manipulate fire, air, and lightning, and levitate objects.

Also, under his clothes are full body tattoos.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-30 20:17:01
Name:megaball
Appearance: A red floating ball, when he feels pain, he grows a new human/aquatic animal/animal body part, but when his body is filed with body parts, he starts getting hurt. At midnight all the body parts fade away.
Personality:Almost always mad at the good guys, even when he's asleep! Bad temper.
History: When he was first born  he was accidentally dropped into a vat of radioactive sludge, he was pulled out almost imminently. Five years afterwards, while in his sleep, he was encased in a solid white ball, and when he woke up, he was the ball! He couldn't see a thing, and he bumped into the wall, and a head popped out, and he saw he was a floating white ball. The next day he stated turning red, and the more red he was, the more evil he was.
Alliance:(Any evil one)
Ability:Is able to levitate to any height. Gain a body part when attacked(see apparence section). Any ability the bodyparts may give him.

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2007-12-30 22:58:33
Wait, is this an RP or some sort of story with these characters put in it?  Anyways,

Name: Kannon
Appearance: Wears a large black trench coat that goes up to just under his eyes and black pants.  Is also 7ft tall
Personality: Blunt, quick to the point, and never one to not point out how awesome he is.  Comes to conclusions really quickly and often times comes up with good strategies really quickly.  But, Kannon has simply no tolerance for morons, idiots, and other assorted varieties of stupid people.  Also has the amazing ability to not care *GASP!*
History: While being the awesomest person alive, Kannon has successfully fixed the flawed US government and replaced it with a leader that isn't a moron.  Himself.  Although he got bored and led the US to it's Nuclear warfare filled death.  Now he does whatever the hell he feels like
Alliance: Whoever pays the most
Ability: Able to form his awesomeness into any object he wishes or a deadly beam.  Also has a mini-nuke gun and an automatic pistol with a scope.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-30 23:04:49
Name: Ernie
Appearance: Wears badass sunglasses and a magical robe. Has a big scar over his eyes.
Personality: Brilliant but stubborn, shy, and well, somewhat crazy…
History: No one knows for sure.
Alliance: it changes constantly
Ability: to regenerate as long as there is at least 1 cell of his body left.

To be updated…err…whenever.

Date: 2007-12-31 10:23:31
Hm, well, I got some nice submissions. The first chapter will be completed tomorrow.

I'd just like to say there's an, um, small chance that some submissions won't be used. Just a chance. But thanks anyway for participating in this story.

Date: 2007-12-31 12:09:26

Hm, well, I got some nice submissions. The first chapter will be completed tomorrow.

I'd just like to say there's an, um, small chance that some submissions won't be used. Just a chance. But thanks anyway for participating in this story.

So I'm guessing mine won't be used?

Date: 2007-12-31 14:11:25
Yours has a better chance to be used than a few others.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-31 14:21:16

What about mine?

Date: 2007-12-31 16:10:52

Thank you!

Date: 2007-12-31 17:09:16

What about mine?

Well, yours was definately…interesting.  ^-^ I'll do my best to include everyone I can in the story.

And also, I've changed my mind about re-starting TFS. I'm going to begin with Chapter 5.

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2007-12-31 17:43:03
lol nice
that has lee nader lurking in the shadows as you enter the room and start villian monolouging right?