Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

SSBB II: The Rise of Forbitten - Page 1

SSBB II: The Rise of Forbitten

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-20 21:02:05
Hey guys. I'm a little bit too lazy to post the story here, so I'll give you a clickable link to it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6042770/1/SSBB_II_The_Rise_of_Forbitten

Put feedback here, please. If you're on FanFiction, you can review there as well.

Re: SSBB II: The Rise of Forbitten

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2010-06-21 00:38:28
Seemed interesting until I saw the Newcomers.

Sephiroth?
Sora?
"Pikachu Trainer"?
Silver the Hedgehog?
Marx?

No.

Date: 2010-06-21 05:47:41
Yeah, I was on a sugar high.

Sorry, I'll probably fix it.

Date: 2010-06-21 11:03:40
It's ok.

But let that be a lesson: Never try writing a fanfic while on a sugar high.

Also, the idea of Forbitten? Genius.
Like the Crazy Hand counterpart to Tabuu.

EDIT: Although, there is also a bit of continuity error. All R.O.B.s other than the Ancient Minister (the playable R.O.B.) have been destroyed when the Island of Ancients was destroyed.

Date: 2010-06-21 11:33:57
LOL, you got that right! No more sugar for me.

Meh, Chappy Five is on the air.

EDIT: Although, there is also a bit of continuity error. All R.O.B.s other than the Ancient Minister (the playable R.O.B.) have been destroyed when the Island of Ancients was destroyed.

Heh…they caught R.O.B and are cloning him.

…Yep, looks like this may be dead soon. Can't help that.

Date: 2010-06-22 11:08:22
Okay, here's a sneak preview of Chapter Six: Speedsoul.

Master Hand, leading the Smashers, turned to the group, realising R.O.B had disappeared. "Hey, has anyone seen R.O.B?"

The Smashers turned to each other, and Master Hand could hear the occasional "Nope," "Haven't seen him," and "May be dead?"

He then said, "So if no one knows where R.O.B is, we'll press on regardless."

The Ice Climbers piped up with, "We're good at climbing mountains…," Popo said, and Nana finished with, "…So let us lead you all along the way!"

Master Hand said, "Sure! Just don't get us killed, okay?"

"Yup."

IN SUBSPACE

Forbitten laughed insanely as the electric shocks pummeled R.O.B, clones ejecting from the tube. In another nearby factory, Subspace Bombs were being mass produced. These were weaker than the ones borne from the Island of the Ancients, but when several were detonated at the same time, they had as much power.

"The plan is coming along quite well…"

Read Chapter Six: Speedsoul, coming soon to FanFiction.net!

Date: 2010-06-22 11:16:59
Nice.

Date: 2010-06-22 11:20:01
Thanks. I probably will type Speedsoul later today.

Date: 2010-06-23 08:25:18
Chapter Seven is up!

…Wow, not many replies, neh?

Date: 2010-06-23 11:10:13
I'm not surprised. Not many people here play SSBB, apparantly.

Date: 2010-06-23 11:13:07
Looks like it, lol.

As for the five Undesirables…

I'll kill 'em all, see?

Date: 2010-06-23 11:36:04
Okay, here's a sneak peek at Chapter Eight. I warn you, it has strong violence, so if you're squeamish or faint of heart, don't read this.

Chapter Eight: The First Strike

Metalhead guided the Smashers through the ruined city, rubble hanging in midair, crumbled buildings…

Master Hand abruptly asked, "Why is all that stuff hanging in midair?"

Metalhead sighed, and turned around. "Look…The planet is paralyzed here. Time has no meaning. Space is still deteoriating as we speak. Dark Tabuu's appearance here speed up the destruction of space even further. Basically, reality is collapsing here."

Master Hand faced him, scared badly. "Y-You mean…?"

"This world is collapsing, and I fear the Smash World will follow."

"Y-you gotta be kidding me…"

"I am not. We still going after Dark Tabuu?"

"I-I guess…"

"Good. Follow me. I need to round up my mercenaries."

The group continued on…seeing awful sights such as a badly mauled corpse tied to a half-rotten power pole…a vicious gang war with numerous casulties…and even a sniper blowing heads off of the innocent. Master Hand heard a loud cry of pain behind him, and he saw Sora staggering, clutching his chest as blood gushed out like a waterfall. Sora collapsed, dead before he hit the ground. "Come on, we can't risk going back. If we do, we might lose another."

As they progressed, they were caught in a particularly violent fight. Fists, knives and bullets flew as they attempted to move through the riot. Pikachu Trainer was the first to drop, a knife in his back and a bullet in his head. Sephiroth followed soon after, hundreds of bullets tearing into his back. Marx dodged everything except a well placed knife between his eyes. Then Silver staggered backward, being stabbed violently by a gangster, and he dropped, numerous stab wounds lacing his torso. Peach ran into an alley and vomited excessively. Metalhead then said gruffly, "I've seen much worse than this. Trust me. I have."

Read Chapter Eight, soon to be on Fanfiction.net!

Date: 2010-06-23 15:24:52
Cool. They is dead now.

Date: 2010-06-23 15:45:31
Told ya I'd kill them, lawl.

I murdered them for the lulz.

Date: 2010-06-23 16:11:56
Ooh, then for a plot twist, they should dissolve into Shadow Bugs, proving that they weren't real and they were spies from Forbitten.