Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

The Story of Glitchy, the 4. . [Completed 10/27/2014] - Page 2

Re: The Story of Glitchy, the 4. .

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2014-05-15 05:41:40
Great Story  ;)

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-05-26 17:10:42
Thanks for the comment, Spoink!

Chapter 15: Glitch City

(Music: Glitch City)

For those of you who regularly do drugs like acid and LSD to experience the trippiest s**t imaginable, I envy you. No matter how horrible your hallucinations may be, you will never, ever have to live through the grand clusterfuck we had to. To start, I woke up on a green building roof jutting out of the ground. My legs were hanging over the tented middle and my head was just inches above the floor, which was the only remotely normal thing that happened here.

Did you ever wake up one morning and say to yourself, The real world sucks, so instead I wanna venture through a terrible abomination of a city thats more annoying to get around than those blasted insurmountable ledges? Of course not, because thats stupid. Be thankful you will never have to go through such a place, because I did.

I pulled my legs off the arch and rolled down the roof, rolling on top of a higher level somehow. When I was off the roof I was right back on something that simply should not be higher than it: a large stack of numbers and trees. No interference, no blockade, nothing; I was just suddenly on top of this weird tower. I peered over the edge of this spire of trees and numbers.

What in the name of Tarnation is this place?

All I saw was a large, seemingly never-ending place. Theres no other real way to describe it other than as a location. Despite the overwhelming sense of size of the place, there was also a tingling of constriction. Nothing cozy here, folks. It was just a kind of off-white void filled with objects and things that were acting like buildings. Hell, I dont even think there was air; the environment just felt so stiff and lifeless.

Looking left, I saw what looked like a clearing; a regular field with picket fencing on either side. I dared to approach it, to find that it operated like a regular pathway. Walking across it to the end, the way was probably no more than ten feet long and I bumped into an invisible wall when I reached the edge of it. Bonk!

Thats when I noticed Glitchy wasnt with me. Oh, balls. Where could he be? Where would he be? I have no idea what the place is, where it is, what it is, how or why it is. Mind you, Glitchy beat the tar out of just about everything that got in his way, so he would probably no, he could definitely fend for himself here. Jeez, remembering what he did to Charizard M gave me shivers. Ive never seen necks twist like that before.

Hello? I shouted. There wasnt even an echo. My voice travelled, but only for about two and a half centimeters or so. Is anybody there?

Master! Bzzt.

I have never been happier to hear that. Granted, I was only out for a couple hours or so, but still. Turning around, I saw Glitchy zooming towards me, carrying the iron rod and his cape was open like wings. Man, I never noticed how graceful and streamlined his flying was before now.

GLITCHY! I belted, running for him. Oh, never in my life have I regretted something so quickly. After taking a single step, I hit my head against another invisible wall. Hurf. Well, okay then, Ill just return to the grass field and go south or whatever begotten direction I came from. So, I turned left and saw that same grass patch from thirty seconds ago, but when I approached it, my head hit yet another invisible wall.

No. No, no, no. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Damn it! My fears were real: I had been trapped in an invisible box. Well, okay, that didnt even break my top ten fears or my top fifty fears or my top trillion fears lists, but, admit it, if you suddenly wound up trapped in a box, youd be terrified too. Glitchy reached the absurd container quickly, giving me a stare as if to imply I had gone mad. And its entirely possibly have; if anything, I lost it when I landed on that tower of numbers and trees.

I threw my right foot out at the invisible wall, hoping it would puncture the blockade and I could just force my way through it. A clack sound rang out through the cube when my foot made contact, but there was no such luck otherwise.

Hey, Glitchy. Can you get me outta here?

Glitchy replied, I shall try, master. Bzzt. Stand back. Bzzt.

I did what I was told and took two steps behind, hitting the wall behind me. What the had the box gotten smaller? Sure, I hadnt checked the perimeters of it when I first, um, wound up inside, and, again, Im pretty sure Ive gone mad. Good grief, what the f**k kind of horrible place is this? No, no, I will not stop asking that! Not even when we eventually get out of here will I stop asking what this place is. With Arceus as my witness, I will not, regardless of the circumstances, ever understand what this landscape is. Like I mentioned earlier, the closest I can get to accurately describing it is clusterfuck.

Glitchy clutched the base of the iron stick like a katana, and pulled it back. Something flashed in his nonexistent eyes. Yeah, I know how ridiculous that sounds, but there was definitely a spark there. When youve got that strong of a bond with your Pokémon well, Glitchmon, I spose, little things like that mean a lot. Sure, Glitchys voice was as mechanical as ever, but, possibly because of how far weve come and all weve done, theres emotion in there that wasnt present when we first met.

Anyway, Glitchy abruptly thrust the pole into the invisible wall, audibly puncturing it with a loud, obnoxious Fop! Just to make this stranger, a few pixels were loosened from the wall, where Glitchy impaled it, and collapsed onto the ground. Like usual, it sounded like beads hitting a hardwood floor. They were different colors, some reds, some greens, and even some browns were apparent.

Master, I am going to pull you through the wall. Bzzt. Grab the rod and do not, under any circumstances, let go. Bzzt.

So, I clutched the cold iron tightly with both hands, nodding to Glitchy when I was good to go. His two heads nodded back. His three fingered hands tightened their grip. Hell, how would this even work? Brute force? Dont get me wrong, Glitchy could probably beat up Lt. Surge while listening to DragoniteForce on a train going 9001 miles per hour on a crash course for Hell, but this certainly isnt that.

Here we go! Bzzt.

And away we went! Glitchy pulled the metal pole out of the barrier with such force, I crashed through the wall like it was nothing, taking dozens upon dozens of pixels with me. Damn it, the impact sure hurt. It wasnt quite like being thrown through a brick wall, but it was pretty close. Maybe a wall of bees would be a better comparison. Not wasps, not yellow jackets, just regular bees with their stingers aimed at you. The sensation hung around for a while, much like getting stung by a bee.

A few pixels were stuck in my hair from the impact with the wall; they felt very strange. It was sorta like when your hair gets wet from the rain, and youve got those little droplets of water on your head, but these felt more like bread crumbs than water. Glitchy departed from the scene and descended to the ground while pixels loosened from the box rained down, though there werent that many. My God, there was no actual ground to speak of; just this bizarre off-white surrounding that was as large and expansive as oblivion itself. Maybe even bigger. Thats not even taking into account the outrageously maddening environment of the void, with fractions of buildings sticking out of the ground, mountain ridges protruding from walls, and large fields of random stuff, like lakes that were only the size of an average table neighboring patches of grass, surrounded by spinning warp tiles. Hell, thats not even the weirdest thing here. No matter what I saw, no matter how bizarre this world looked, nothing was as insane as the thing I saw before it.

Taking a chance, I looked up to the sky. There was no sky. There was no blue, no grey, no black, no red, nothing you could even call a color. All I saw was nothing. Pure, absolute, unrelentingly aggressive, terrifying nothing.

Im sure Ill regret the answer, but where are we?

Glitchy replied, This is Glitch City. Bzzt. It is a place the natural home of Glitchmon, such as MissingNo, LM4, and I. Bzzt. All Glitchmon are born in Glitch City and are subject to the reign of its King, who is, according to PPkmnP, 3TrainerPoké. Bzzt. However, there is also a supposed God of Glitch City, but their presence is only called upon when in dire need. Bzzt.

I asked, So, would the God, or the King, be the reason so many Glitchmon have appeared in Kanto?

That is quite likely. Bzzt. However, PPkmnP gave me the impression that it was 3TrainerPoké who is making that happen, and, as such, is the reason that Glitchmon have appeared outside of Glitch City. Bzzt.

And, let me guess, 3TrainerPoké is eeeeviiiiiilllll, right?

Glitchy shrugged. Well I suppose it is possible that he is. Bzzt. That would explain why he wants MissingNo, and sent out PPkmnP out to try and find him. Bzzt. I imagine that 3TrainerPoké would stay behind the scenes and give orders from the shadows, to keep up the mysteriousness of his being. Bzzt. Unfortunately, master, that is all I know and can predict. Bzzt.

But, why wouldnt the God of this place intervene?

I can not be sure that there even is a God here. Bzzt.

Ah, well, that explains a lot. In this case, I suppose we should try and find 3TrainerPoké and try to get some answers as to whats been going on. Who knows? 3TrainerPoké might actually be a pretty cool guy who just flubbed up something, and needs MissingNo to fix it. Id come to the conclusion that PPkmnP was just totally insane, even before his breakdown. Although, LM4 said that he freed MissingNo from the Kings grip, but thats an enigmatic phrase in this instance.

Sweet Gyarados, what if Glitchy was behind this madness? Could it be that this two-headed, cape wearing, rod-toting pixilated dragon was actually the King here? Was Glitchy a madman bent on taking over the world through any means necessary, even if it meant he had to befriend or, pretend to be friends with a human?

No. Bzzt, Glitchy snapped. Damn it, now I felt like an arsehole. I think this place was starting to get to me. It was absurd to think that Glitchy was so malevolent.

Despite how alien this place was, I really, really wanted to see what else was around. It was prodding my interest with its horrid little fingers, nudging me and saying, Get going! You may never see anything like this again!

Wait. Wherere the others? Dicks, Amber, MissingNo and Travis were nowhere in sight. And I mean absolutely nowhere in sight. I could see for miles, and there was a lot to see, but there were no other humans visible at the moment. Oh, no. What if something happened to them? I would hate to think that my idiocy would have put them in grave danger.

Well, it doesnt look like I have the option of not exploring this place now.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-06-02 15:56:38
I guess I better comment now rather than later:

I've been reading this fic for a couple of months now. And I'm hooked. Keep it up, can't wait for the next chapter :)

Date: 2014-06-13 17:30:58
Chapter 16: Sightseeing Has Never Been So Wrong
Im sure youve guessed by now that I dont enjoy a lot of things. Cruises, to an overabundance of battles, and being thrown into a new dimension where nothing even remotely resembles the world youre used to are not my ideas of having a good time. Hell, I can barely tolerate being in a car for an extended period of time.

Well, now we can add sightseeing to my list of things I never want to do again. What an unimaginable bore. Walking around, taking photos of meaningless things. Okay, thats not fair. If I were to go sightseeing, Id likely take pictures of landmarks and other neat shit instead of friends, both bringing them along and taking photographs of them. In my large collection of random garbage that clutters 75% of by bedroom, my most prized possession is a picture of me and Entei beating the shit out of a hippie in Lilycove City when I was 14. The photo depicts a hippie on the ground, screaming in fear and begging for help, while I smack him in the face with a golf club and Entei using Fire Blast on his hair. It is framed and sits comfortably on my nightstand beside my bed. Whenever Im feeling down, I just look at that photo and I feel much better. Remind me to show it to Glitchy when we return home.

To be fair, this little adventure has had a lot of ups. Travelling the region with Glitchy has really made me appreciate the world more and I feel a little healthier and livelier from all the walking, the experience of having a Glitchmon and building an impenetrable friendship with it, making new friends and, in a twisted way, being in Glitch City. And, since its very likely that the others are in completely random parts of this place, I had pretty much no choice but to sightsee. Joy.

Glitchy, do you know anything about this place?

Very little. Bzzt. All I know of Glitch City is that it is the birth place of all Glitchmon, and is ruled by a King. Bzzt.

Well, do you have any idea, even an inkling, as to where the rest of the group could be?

The 4. .s heads started looking every which way, giving me an idea that he knew where they were, or maybe even where just one of them was. Either way, one was better than none.

Both heads craned up to his right. There. Bzzt. MissingNo is up there. Bzzt. He was looking at one of the large cliffs hanging from the air. I can sense Ambers Double Question Marks, but it is very distant and even further away. Bzzt.

Hoo fucking ray.

All right, we may as well get a move on.

Glitchy lowered himself, allowing me to hop on his back, like back on the S.S. Essessessess. His cape spread into its winged form, the tips becoming more pointed. Im not sure why; maybe it was for aerodynamic purposes or something. Thats what I say whenever I do something, whether the context makes sense or not. Context is for losers anyway.

Off we go! Bzzt.

Glitchy took to the air, and right away I realized this flight was going to be unpleasant. I could feel things that I couldnt feel before. The restrictive sense that plagued this world was even more apparent now. Flying made it even worse. For some reason, I just knew I was going to get smacked in the face by an invisible, hanging obstacle, fall off Glitchy, and get impaled on a pile of ones and As. Such is life, I guess.

While flying, Glitchy held is fist out in front of him, like Superman. Now, thats awesome. He clutched the iron rod in his other hand, making sure that he would clothesline anyone stupid enough to come charging at us just slightly to his left. Or maybe Glitchy would stab them. Either way, we were probably in the clear as far as combat is concerned.

Even in flight, there was no air. There was no wind blowing through my hair, no air blowing my blue cape behind me, nothing. I want out. I want to get out of here as fast as possible. I know that well be here for a long while, but, really, the sooner we can defeat the villain (who we have yet to see, seriously, this is actually the sixteenth chapter), the better. At least, Im hoping that defeating the villain will get us out of here. Ive seen enough B-movies to be sure that would happen, and Im pretty sure those terrible movies wouldnt lie to me.

Duck! Bzzt.

I managed to get, Wha out of my mouth before I was hit by an invisible wall that smacked me on the head. Oh, so thats was Glitchy meant. Glitchy dove a little ways to avoid the wall, but I had no idea what he meant and suffered for it. After hitting my head, I fell off Glitchys back and plummeted towards ground that may or may not exist. Of all the times I predicted how Id die, this one, the stupidest one, was the right one.

Looking down, I saw nothing. Much like the sky, there was no ground. Hell, I couldnt even be sure if I was looking at the ground at all. However, since my cape and my hair were up from the fall, Im pretty sure I was. 80% sure.

Right before I hit the ground and died a splattery death, Glitchys three-fingered hands snatched me from my fall, cradling me.

Whew. Thanks, Glitchy! It almost seemed like there was going to be some tension there.

No problem, master. Bzzt.

Glitchy landed on the ground and I hopped onto his back again, and, again, he flew with his fist out in front of him. Awesome, again. No, really. It was amazing to see that hed grown a personality of his own, kinda like a fearless leader type.

Next time Glitchy told me to duck, I listened. I have no idea what I was avoiding, but there was a definite whoosh as we flew under it. The obstacle sounded thick, bigger than your average wall. When I turned around, there was nothing there. Invisible barriers are just as bad as those damned 3ft tall ledges that nobody can overcome. When I eventually get some kind of authority, Im gonna have those damn things removed.

Whatd we just avoid?

Im not sure. Bzzt. I can sense the obstacles, but not see them. Bzzt. Just heed my warnings and you should be fine. Bzzt.

A large brownish grey cliff assaulted my vision. Wow, that was quick. Suddenly, Glitchy slammed on the brakes and came to a harsh stop.

Yikes. Bzzt.

Theres no way we couldve arrived at the cliff that fast. It was miles away, and then it was in front of us. No, I didnt faze out on the way there. Sure, I blinked, but that doesnt even take a second to do. In that half a second, Glitchy had arrived at the cliff. I know Im repeating myself, but Glitch City is a fucking bizarre place. An eldritch, horrible place that was not meant to be seen by any mortal, or any immortal.

Glitchy looked up. The cliff sloped upwards, was at least 100ft high, and about the width of a city. It looked so much smaller in the distance, but we all know how that turned out. Glitchy ascended, scaling the land formation that was certainly not a mere 100ft in height, no, it was at least thrice as high. Thats right, I said thrice.

Just as quickly as the walls changed height, they shrunk back to the supposed height I assumed initially. We were at the top, and saw MissingNo floating there, looking around. I hopped off Glitchy and realized that the cliff was actual ground. The only thing stopping me from throwing myself down and kissing it was the fact that, yknow, Glitch City is a weird place. A hand could erupt from the floor and punch me if I tried that.

MissingNo! I hollered.

Bert! Glitchy! the backwards L replied. Have you fared well here, so far?

I replied, Well, I got hit in the face by an invisible wall and was trapped in an invisible box, but otherwise I cant complain.

Charizard M must be here somewhere. Bzzt. He wouldnt dare leave us alone here after the struggle in Pallet Town. Bzzt.

MissingNo nodded. Yes, you are correct. Charizard M is here, but is nowhere near us. However, I would not worry about the dragon too much, because 3TrainerPoké is here.

A chill went down my spine when I heard the name. The moniker felt so different here, but when Glitchy told me about Glitch City in chapter 15, I felt nothing other than a little discomfort. Was he near us? Was this like any given episode of Ghost Pokémon Adventures, where, when a spirit is close to someone, they feel cold?

Hes here, is he? Where? I asked.

Somewhere. If anything, the King is likely in his tower.

And this tower is where?

MissingNo replied, At the very end of Glitch City. Despite being a universe of its own, Glitch City does have boundaries that act like invisible walls.

There was so much I wanted to know! Despite the begotten horror that leaks from every conceivable angle in this place, the lore behind it was damn fascinating.

Glitchys head looked up and to the left. The flapping of wings could be heard.

Oh, no. No, no, no, no. Please, no. Dont let it be

MissingNo! Phew, it was just Amber. I looked and saw Salamence approaching with all the cautiousness of a train conductor desperately trying to get a derailed train back on the tracks. The dragon was not happy being here. So that makes two of us. There was someone behind her, though. It was Shorts Kid. The poor kid was scared out of his wits, and he was still upset over his Ratattas unpleasant demise.

Salamence landed on the terrain. Am I ever happy to see your cape, Amber said to me. I gave a slight nod back.

I hate this place! Its uncomfortable and I feel weird! Shorts Kid complained.

You and I both, dude. You and I both, I replied.

It looks like most of the gang is here. Anyone seen Dicks, Travis, or Tyrannosaurus Crab?

Tyrannosaurus Crab? What the Hell was that? Oh, LM4. Its got a T-Rex head and big crab claws for hands.

Salamence was fidgeting constantly, like he was fighting the urge to break everything here. Amber brought out Aurorus, who seemed indifferent to Glitch City, and her ??, was being ??.

No, we havent seen the others. Bzzt. I cannot even sense Traviss Hybridmon. Bzzt.

While the others made chitchat, I returned to the edge of the cliff and peered down; making sure that nothing had changed. What I was hoping to see was the same, off-white glitched floor. What I saw instead was an army of Nidorino standing below, but they were no ordinary Nidorino, of course. Damn it, I would just love for something to be ordinary again.

The Nidorinos horns, ears, claws and spots were all pixilated, violet. There mustve been a hundred of them. They werent doing anything other than sniffing around, but we all know thats gonna change in a few seconds.

Um, you guys might wanna come check this out.

Glitchy and the others approached the cliff side and looked at the group of Nidorino.

Cool, Nidorino! Shorts Kid said, obviously not seeing what I was seeing.

We need to go. Bzzt.

Right when Glitchy said his catchphrase, the Nidorinos heads all looked up. And then they started climbing up the invisible wall in front of them. Glitchy lightly tapped an end of the iron rod in his other hand, anticipating the challenge. Salamence and Aurorus grunted and snarled in agreement with my Four Dot-Dot.

Just once, Id like to go more than two chapters without a fight scene.

Date: 2014-06-19 17:25:50
Chapter 17: Random Acts of Sensible Violence
I dont care anymore.

Weve been here for I have no idea. Frankly, I dont even think time exists here. Everythings so still, so lifeless, so horribly numbing, like everything is frozen in time. Air doesnt exist here, thats for sure. How could anything, regardless if its a Glitchmon or not, survive here for an extended period of time? Why? What could be gained by staying here?

On the topic of time, Im pretty sure that weve been here for maybe two days. Just a wild guess, that. My only hope was to see if the PokéDex was keeping time. I grabbed it from my pocket and flipped it open, looking at the top of the screen.

Oh, it was keeping time, all right. But if I had to describe it, time was moving sideways, not backwards or forwards. Thats as close as I can get.

The Glitcherino were muttering and growling to themselves as they climbed up a wall that doesnt exist. Oh, sanity, I feel your pain. Amber and Shorts Kid looked equally as flabbergasted at the sight, while Glitchy and MissingNo looked mildly irritated. Soon the horde had reached the summit and stared at us, a few of them dragging their foot across the stony floor, ready to charge. Their pixilated horns were aimed forward, ready to impale us. Glitchy aimed the pointed end of the iron rod at them, ready to return the favor.

And then the Glitcherino stopped. They looked up, noticing the large shadow figure above. It landed on the ground with a loud, quaking thud! But I recognized its bizarre form.

LM4.

[Music: Enemy: Chaos]

The many-tentacled one made quite an entrance. The force of the impact overwhelmed dozens of the Glitcherino, toppling them onto their sides, often violently. However, many stood their ground, eyeing the sort-of-blob monster. The pseudo-Shoggoth wasted no time putting his appendages to good use, grabbing, smacking, and strangling any Glitcherino that dared to attack.

One of the purple rhinos thought it was smart and leapt through the air, but, luckily for it, LM4 was caught up in dealing with its brethren. Glitchy zoomed up and swung the iron rod like a baseball bat, sending the Glitcherino flying away. THWACK!

Fore! Bzzt.

The Glitcherino hit the ground hard and rolled along, tumbling over the cliffs edge and falling to grounds unknown. A small hole was made from its impact.

Noice, I commented.

A particularly dense Glitcherino tried running around LM4 to get at us. So the Shoggoth ate it. LM4s T-Rex head turned and snatched the Glitchmon, sunk his glitch teeth into it, and tore the Nidorino apart. Then, he swallowed what he had in his mouth in one gulp.

Shiiiiit, Amber sighed.

The remains of the Glitcherino dropped to the ground. By now, LM4 was overwhelmed by them, and they started homing in on us. Amber, MissingNo, Shorts Kid, Glitchy and I stood in a tight circle, our Pokémon and Glitchmon eager to fight.

I swear, Glitchy and ?? were talking. They were making little noises to each other that sounded like a conversation, but I had no idea what either of them was saying. Not even Glitchy, whose only responses and comments were, of course, Bzzt. It sounded almost like a language of some sort, which doesnt really surprise me.

Captain, take this. Bzzt, Glitchy said, handing me the iron rod.

Err, all right. Why?

Glitchy flashed me a coy smile, despite lacking a mouth. This is why. Bzzt.

He picked up ?? by the bottom, holding the question marks dots. Three Glitcherino were closing in, and thats when Glitchy struck. Swiftly, Glitchy swung the ?? like two swords to his left, slicing the Glitcherino in halves, splattering their glitch blood on the green punctuation. Even after slaying the Glitchmon, Glitchy was still holding onto the ??. Youd think that after seeing this random act of sensible violence, the Glitcherino would fuck off. But that would be logical. And this is Glitch City, a place that makes logic its bitch.

Amber was, for a lack of a better word, horrified. For some reason, I didnt even flinch. Well, I winced when a drop of the severed Glitchmons blood landed on my cheek, but that was it. I think the battle with PPkmnP had something to do with it. These are just some corrupted Nidorino. PPkmnP was a psychotic, eight headed spider with a temper comparable to Visser 3, who not only chased us for miles, but actually attempted to bury us alive.

We are getting nowhere! MissingNo cried. We have to find a way to flee!

Yet another Glitcherino tried to attack from the sky, and Glitchy swung Ambers ??, but instead of slicing it in half, decapitated it. Lovely.

Aurorus collar was glowing brightly and flashing wildly with electricity. Usually it changes colors, but it was purely yellow now. It launched a series of Thunderbolt attacks into the sky, spreading blasts of lightning everywhere. Then, the lightning rained down around us, striking many Glitcherino and exploding them.

I vomited then.

The battle, although going in our favor all the way, showed no end in sight. Glitcherino after Glitcherino kept coming, apparently unaware of the fates of the others.

But then came the variety.

Many more, regular, glitched Pokémon appeared. The army was rushing down an invisible sloped hill behind us, but there were no Glitcherino. There were others. Many, discolored Hybridmon were rampaging into the fray. I saw a Raichu with a black body instead of its usual orange. There was a Girafarig with grey hindquarters instead of brown. A Bisharp with green armor instead of red was scraping its bladed arms together. A purple Meganium was preparing to unleash a barrage of Razor Leafs at us.

The first thing that came to my head was, but I like Meganium.

And I had no Poké Balls.

Hey, Amber. Ygot any Poké Balls to spare?

She replied, One or two. Why?

Cause Imma try and catch that there Meganium.

Amber reached into her backpack and handed me a Poké Ball. Go nuts.

Was I really going to do this? I thought, as I held the container. Yes. Yes I was.

MissingNo unleashed two separate barrages of Water Gun at the exact same time, pelting a section of the horde of Hybridmon that were coming. He missed Meganium, thankfully. I saw a pink Charizard go down! My God, a pink Charizard. If the army had a leader, Id guess it was the Hydreigon at the front of the line; its black fur was a dazzling red.

When Meganium was in range, I threw the Poké Ball at it. But it just batted it back to me with a Vine Whip.

Good job, Amber ribbed.

The Glitcherino hightailed it out of the fray after seeing the Hydreigon, fearing the dragons never ending hunger. Good call, too. All of those Hybridmon were fully evolved, or, in cases like Girafarig, single stage Hybridmon that can pack a punch. Not that it really mattered, since Hydreigon would likely slaughter us in the blink of an eye if it gets the chance.

With a bountiful leap, Girafarig was the first to actually reach and join the battle, landing in front of Shorts Kid, who was basically crying in fear by now. When he saw the angry giraffe, he crawled back, begging for his life.

And Salamence comes to the rescue! The dragon swung its tail, clothes lining Girafarig and swatting it aside.

T-thank you, Salamence! Shorts Kid stammered. The dragon warmly smiled.

We were surrounded now. The number of Hybridmon that had entered the clash was mindblowing, and there was no way, not even with Salamence and Aurorus, we could get out of here quickly. We needed a plan, preferably a good one.

MissingNo, whats the best way to get out of here? Amber asked.

The backwards L replied, Likely by flight. However, there is a large amount of flying Hybridmon among them. New type advantages are necessary to defeat Hydreigon.

Great, so use Water Gun, I said.

MissingNo did exactly that and shot to, intertwining blasts of water at the flying, three-headed dragon. And he almost hit it, too. Right before Hydreigon was reduced to a soaking, snarling mess, it swooped aside and avoided the beams. It did very little other than flying around and watching the battle, which is strange, considering the species nasty and violent reputation.

Something grabbed my left arm and pulled me to the floor. If I didnt know any better, Id say it was a Vine Whip. I rolled onto my stomach and looked up, and while there was indeed a Vine Whip, it was not from Meganium. No, it came from a Victreebel, a Venus flytrap. It was basically a flower bulb with a mouth around its top brim, a large green leaf covering the hole, and a brown vine with a yellow tip at the end. And, wouldnt ya know it, I was staring right into its mouth. I almost cut myself on those two, sharp teeth around the bottom.

Jeez! I shouted, backing away. Victreebel wasnt yellow, no, it was an icy blue. An ice type Victreebel. Fun.

The vine raised high above its head and, in a flash, snagged my left leg.

No!

My foot was in its mouth quickly. But right before the flytrap could sink its little fangs into my skin, Glitchy arrived at my side and impaled the flower with ??, like before. He hooked the question marks into Victreebels back, lifted it up, and chucked it aside.

Are you all right, master? Bzzt.

Yeah! I replied.

Never in my life have I seen a Pokémon battle on this large of a scale. There had to be at least 200 different Hybridmon here, all of them blindly attacking us for some reason. Was it by orders of 3TrainerPoké? Were they just pissed that complete strangers had intruded upon their territory, and were just fighting for their homeland? Youd think theyd have warned us before picking a fight.

While Aurorus was handling itself quite well, Salamence was one more Hybridmon away from going, Rocks fall, and everyone dies on us. Hell, he could probably force the roof of this cliff to collapse and bury everything here.

Salamence didnt go that far, but it wasted no time attacking the purple Meganium with its Flamethrower attack. The poison type sauropod was wandering around the fray, looking for an entrance, but picked the wrong Pokémon to walk by. Something wasnt right, though. The fire was hitting a wall where Meganium was. Salamence kept up the bombardment for a while, and only let up because he needed to catch a breather. Meganium was standing behind a glass barrier it had set up right before Salamence lashed out at it, blocking the inferno.

Bert, if you still wish to catch Meganium, now is your chance, LM4 warned me, who was dealing with a rather pesky white Tyrantrum. He swung at the dinosaur with the pincer on its left and smacked it on the side of its head, toppling it over onto its side.

Dilemmas, dilemmas. Although I wanted that Meganium, I wasnt going to focus entirely on it when Glitchy would be needed. Salamence prepared to attack again, but I swung the iron rod in front of it, saying, Its mine.

Aurorus pulled out several chunks of the cliff via psychic powers and hurled them at Hydreigon, succeeding in pelting the dragon with the rocks and grounding it. Hydreigon yelped as the Aurorus Ancient Power attack buried it under a small pile of debris, which would, hopefully, be enough to keep it at bay for now. I told MissingNo, Keep an eye on him. If it gets up, yknow what to do, right?

MissingNo replied, I do.

Right away, Meganium attacked with a flurry of Razor Leafs, which, considering Glitchys water typing, would spell doom if the attack landed.

It did.

The attack was so sudden; Glitchy was caught off guard and was stricken with every single leaf Meganium had launched. There were at least two dozen of them.

Hyurk! Bzzt, Glitchy heaved, hitting the floor. He collapsed on his side, lying perfectly still. Breathing, but knocked out.

Four Dot-Dot has been defeated, cooed the PokéDex. Thanks, you worthless device.

Just like that, Glitchy was defeated. As I pondered what to do, Meganium shot a large, purple blob of sludge at me from its mouth. Out of instinct, I hit the ground and rolled out of the way. Sploop! The sludge bomb splashed astray like water.

I picked myself up and clutched the iron rod, beckoning Meganium to attack me again. The sauropod lowered its head and charged forward. I had no time to look behind and see how far the headbutt would throw me, but I was sure I was close to the edge of the cliff. Rolling across the rocky terrain hurt like Hell, and I had no intention of doing it again, if I had a choice. When Meganium was about to tackle me, I swung the rod in a low sweep, tripping it. Meganium stumbled a little ways before crashing onto the ground.

Amber, dyou have any Max Revives or regular Revives? I shouted.

She hollered back, No, why?

It hit her quickly that theres only one reason Id ask for a Max Revive. Glitchy was close, but LM4 had situated itself beside the Four Dot-Dot to protect it.

With Meganium down and fire rampaging through my veins, I grabbed the Poké Ball and threw it. The capsule opened, engulfing the sauropod and pulling it inside through a red beam. When the ball landed on the ground, it wobbled. Bwup. Again, it wobbled. Bwup. Third times the charm. Bwup. Click.

Meganium has been caught! said Captain Obvious err, I mean, the PokéDex. I grabbed the Poké Ball, not realizing what I had just done, despite it happening right in front of me. Looking at the red top, I discovered that this was the first Pokémon that I had actually caught.

Thats probably why I didnt notice whatever it was behind me approaching.

Just before I turned around, something violently shoved me over the cliffs edge, and, as I fell towards the invisible floor to certain death, I heard the familiar, eldritch roar of Charizard M.

Date: 2014-07-01 20:24:18
Chapter 18: The Chapter After the Seventeenth Chapter
Im not quite sure if I hit the ground or not. Sure, I fell, and hitting the ground would sound logical. But, like Ive said eight trillion times, this is Glitch City. Logic was basically thrown out the universe when it was created.

Frankly, I could see the meeting now:

Glitchmon: So, apparently, the human world has this thing called Logic.' Whats that?

Another Glitchmon: Logic is basically what makes things make sense.

Glitchmon: Oh. Well, there certainly wont be any of that here.

Another Glitchmon: Agreed.

All I know is that I woke up in a Pokémon Center. An actual, full-blown Pokémon Center. I woke up on a green sofa with my cape draped over me like a blanket, and my head on the armrest, much like at the one in Mt. Moon.

Wait a minute. Thats it! All of that bullshit was just a crazy dream! There were no floating question marks, nor was there an eight headed spider bent on killing us, and Smitty certainly hadnt died. There was no battle in Vermillion City where we had to evacuate everybody, there was no such thing as Hybridmon, and something called LM4 never existed. Hoorah!

I sat up on the sofa, feeling plenty relaxed and rejuvenated. Pokémon Centers do that to ya. Amber wasnt around and neither was Smitty and Dicks, so I figured they were out training and left me here to sleep. And, really, sleeping is great. There was a Poké Ball on the coffee table in front of me, which contained Glitchy. So, I grabbed the sphere and headed outside to venture through Mt. Moon.

Reality is a harsh mistress.

Once I was outside, the hominess was instantly eliminated and the horrendous stiffness of Glitch City took over. As I stared into that mind-shattering dimension, I felt, for the first time in my life, true, real, actual despair. I wasnt looking at anything in particular; just a mountain of green building rooftops that ascended to Satan knows where.

They say, if you gaze into the abyss long enough, it gazes into you. And boy, does it stare. Something was watching me. Something horrid, much worse than the unholy bastard child between Charizard M and PPkmnP, was looking right into my soul. I couldnt see it, but I could sense it. When I collapsed onto my knees from the realization that everything I dreamt was real, the feeling of calmness arrived just in time to make me totally panic. Fear and calmness dont really get along.

Then came the mocking. Whatever was watching me took great delight in my misery. I felt so alone here, so lost, and felt like there was no reason to keep going. Rapidly, everything came crashing down as the first thought to enter my mind was that Glitchy could be dead.

I bolted into the Pokémon Center and slammed the door. The Poké Ball was still in my hand. I pushed the button.

Out popped the purple Meganium. The red beam that placed it onto the ground retreated into the ball. Meganium looked around the building, wondering where he was. The sauropod looked at me, and cocked his head sideways a little, like he recognized and didnt recognize me. When I held out my hand, he looked at it curiously, then gave it a small lick and smiled.

But there was no sign of Glitchy. He wasnt inside the building, so, if he was outside, then he was quite far away. I didnt wanna go back out into the void, but I had no choice.

Amber, LM4, MissingNo, and Shorts Kid were also nowhere in sight. Yay, more sightseeing. First things first: rescue Glitchy. Fuck priorities. I abandoned him when he likely needed me most, and, goddamn it, I am never going to forgive myself for that. And I dont expect Glitchy to, either. He better not.

So, you up for an adventure? I asked Purpganium.

Ganium, it replied, nodding. We approached and began scaling Rooftop Mountain, a task that was by no means easy. Youd think walking up a bunch of roofs would be simple, but it was an arduous climb.

Once I stepped on the fourth rooftop, my foot slipped and I fell, hitting my head on the green surface. Before I picked myself up, I tasted blood in my mouth. Not a whole lot of it, but I wasnt going to be kissing anything for a while. Hell, thats the closest thing to food Ive had lately. The weird thing is that I havent felt hungry for quite a while; I was still full from my lunch on the S.S. Essessessess. Blood was a big step down from food.

Purpganium wrapped a vine around my chest and pulled me up. Thanks, I said.

We scaled the mountain for what Im guessing was ten minutes, but there was no end in sight. Unlike most mountains, where you can see it closing into a peak, Rooftop Mountain showed no such thing. I turned around just to make sure I wasnt taking super slow strides, but nope, Purpganium and I were definitely ascending. But to what and where? Im running out of brain space for these damn questions, and Id rather put it to good use like Meat Loaf lyrics or something.

I finally reached the peak of Rooftop Mountain and I had no intentions of going back down it unless something chased me. Charizard M and PPkmnPs ghost would do the trick. At the top of the mountain was a massive forest. Those little bushes that require a special Pokémon move to cut down were the only trees that comprised this forest. Remember those cursed 3ft tall ledges I bitch about at least once every other chapter or so? These little trees are basically those, but in tree form. Horrible little trees.

When I encountered one of them before, Glitchy just grabbed and uprooted it. Even though Im sure Purpganium could do the same thing, it was far from practical.

How strong are your Razor Leafs?

Purpganium stood in front of me and battered a tree with a blizzard of leafs, cutting it up so bad, it wished it didnt get cut up so bad. His assault didnt stop there. The Razor Leafs continued on through the spliced tree and kept going, slashing the many others behind it and creating a path. The dinosaur looked at me as if to say, that strong.

To say we dreaded entering the forest was an injustice to understatements. We entered the clearing, making tracks for who knows what. There was nothing in the distance aside from the not-quite-white sky, but I felt compelled to keep going. As we trudged on, my feet were suddenly wet and splashing noises were made as we walked through the forest.

Why cant this place pick and environment and stick with it? I looked back and saw that water had suddenly rushed in from fucking nowhere. Normally you hear something like that, but I guess Glitch City is too good for warning signs. The water had stopped at my feet, like my feet was a shoreline. Purpganium and I kept going, but the water kept following us. It rose, for good measure. My ankles were submerged now.

Time to book it!

Running through water feels weird. The waters like a weight and your steps are more arced. There was still nothing ahead, and the trees were not tall enough or strong enough to climb. We kept going, but our run was cut short when we arrived at a cliff. The water gushed down the edge like a waterfall, and the water mercifully did not rise any higher. We still had no clue where to turn, until Purpganium looked to his left and spotted a building: a Pokémon Gym. Part of one, anyway. The Gym building was three storeys high and had multiple roofs lined up, but thankfully, there would be no more climbing. Hopefully. To accommodate the roofs, the building was twice as wide as a regular Gym.

The two of us approached the building and headed inside. Sure enough, there was the group. Still no sign of Travis or Dicks, but the others were there. Glitchy included. Shorts Kid was sleeping on the sofa across from the one Amber was sitting on. The building was as wide as a Gym, but the inside looked more like a refurbished house mixed with a Pokémon Center. A healing machine was at the back of the room, as was a PC. MissingNo was wandering around, looking for something to do.

Right when I walked in, Ambers eyes fixated on me. Glitchy was loitering around, swinging the iron rod whimsically, like he was fighting invisible bad guys. I closed the door. Glitchy turned to face me.

[font=courier]I lunged the iron rod at nothing when I heard the door close. Miss Amber was staring at the master as he stood at the entrance of the Pokémon Center. The purple Meganium was with him.

For some reason, I felt what humans call jealousy. Seeing that Glitchmon - that other Glitchmon - made me feel unneeded. I find it odd that, after everything the Captain and I had been through lately, I felt this way. To be blunt, it was an ugly feeling. Meganium threatened me in the most peculiar of ways, like he was going to take away my best friend. But I know him better than that.

"Oh, there yall are," said the Captain. "Ive been looking for you guys for a couple hours."

He approached me and asked, "Glitchy, are you all right?"

I replied, unsure about his question, "Yes? Bzzt. Why? Bzzt."

The master collapsed onto his knees, placed his hands on his face, and sobbed. "What is wrong? Bzzt."

He replied, "God, I just… Feel like shit."

"And you should," Amber piped up.

"Why? Bzzt."

"Because Bert abandoned you during the battle with the Hybridmon once you fainted to catch that Meganium."

Is that why she told us to get moving and leave him at the Pokémon Center? Amber never answered my question then, assuring me that he would be fine. I was not sure who to agree with, although I remember being attacked by the Hybridmons Razor Leafs and everything around me going dark. That must have been when I fainted. Then I woke up in a Pokémon Center and felt like nothing happened, and Amber insisted we keep going and leave the master behind. I did notice a little malice in her voice when she said his name, but I thought nothing of it at the time.

"Master, is that true? Bzzt."

"Umm.. T-technically, yes."

I felt a little betrayed. That is another unpleasant thing to feel. Somebody I trusted, somebody I put my life on the line for, had turned their back on me. On the other hand, the odd hand, I felt a bit thrilled at the idea that I had lost a Pokémon battle. Not even Charizard M was capable of doing so. In essence, the things I was feeling were both good and bad.

Part of me wanted to forgive the Captain, but another part wanted to throw him across the room. I was clutching the iron rod tightly, ready to do something, but I could not do anything with it.

"Do you realize that Glitchy almost died out there?" Amber continued. "If it was a regular Pokémon battle, I might… No, actually, Id still be giving you shit for what you did."

The Captain stood and listened, taking in every word. Her speech continued; I had no idea humans were capable of such brutality with words.

I know you dont consider yourself a leader. Thats fine. But you are a Pokémon Trainer. And the most important part of being a Trainer is being there for your Pokémon or Glitchmon."

"So, I fucked up. I get it. I know it. What the fuck gives you the right to give me shit? Dyou think Im proud of myself? I had an opportunity to catch another Pokémon, a Hybridmon, and I took it. Yes, I regretted it instantly. I was acting in the heat of the moment, is that so wrong?"

"The heat of the moment. Right."

Captains composure changed. He was listening, but at that moment, something in his brain snapped.

"Thats way over the line! Totally below the belt. Id take a fucking bullet for Glitchy if the situation called for it, and Im sure hed do the same for me. F**k it, that actually happened!"

Shorts Kid, as the master called him, woke up. He groggily asked, "Whats goin on?"

"The master and Miss Amber are arguing. Bzzt."

"Fighting? Why?" asked Shorts Kid.

When I was done explaining what happened to me during the battle with the Hybridmon (a concept he seemed a little too familiar with), he asked, "Are you and Bert still friends?"

Something the Captain tried to do was avoid putting me on the spot. If I told him I was unsure about something, he never pushed it and left it at that. However, this was different.

"Yes, at least, if he still wants to be. Bzzt." I could sense the masters guilt over his actions. Meganium was standing on the sidelines, feeling a little dejected, much like myself.

The Captain turned and faced me. "If I want to be? Whats that supposed to mean?"

I replied, "It means that I am willing to let bygones be bygones, as they say, to continue being your partner. Bzzt. But, Captain, I want you to know something: what you did out there really hurt. Bzzt. And I am not sure I will ever forgive you for it. Bzzt. However, at no point will I ever bring it up to use it against you, or anything of the sort. Bzzt."

He wearily smiled and wiped a few tears away. "I wouldnt expect you to forgive me, dude. Ive been beating myself up over that ever since I left the Pokémon Center. But, theres something I have to ask you: do you still wanna be friends with me?"

"Of course. Bzzt. You just made a mistake, that is all. Bzzt."

The Captain raised his hand up, his palm facing me. "High five."

I slapped my palm against his, performing an act humans call a high five. I am unsure of its purpose, but the gesture is often done as a sign of comradeship.

Shorts Kid was giving us a funny look, like this was not how he expected the argument and the situation to end.

"Whats with you?" the Captain asked.

"Nothin," Shorts Kid replied. "Just thinking about something."

Purpganium approached the Captain and brushed its head against his side, feeling the camaraderie in the room. Amber tapped the master on the shoulder, and when he turned around she said:

"Im sorry for all that. Accusing you of intentionally leaving Glitchy behind was wrong. You were right; going there was over the line."

We stood there for a while, trying to get the vibe back. "So, now what?" Captain asked.

Amber approached the PC, saying, "If were gonna get out of here, were gonna need an arsenal. And I have just the Pokémon for the job."

Shorts Kid spoke up, "Ive got a bad feeling about this."

When Amber turned on the computer and signed into the PC Pokémon storage system, the screen shattered and shards of glass rained down on the floor. She yelped as the screen was destroyed, prompting the Captain to rush over and make sure she was all right. There was no glass in her eyes or anywhere else on her person.

The PC suddenly restarted, but got no further than a grey-blue screen that appeared in place of the normal desktop. From the bottom of the screen emerged a Charizard head. It looked around the monitor for a short period of time before focusing on us. Surprisingly, it had normal eyes, unlike the other Charizard weve seen.

After staring at us for a little while, the dragons eyes pixilated.

S**T!" Amber shouted.

[Music: Metal Battle]

"Everyone, back!" MissingNo ordered. "That is not the real Charizard M, the one we have come to know."

"Then why are its eyes like that?" Amber asked.

"Because it is a copy of it."

Charizard M is one of the most dangerous Glitchmon around. It can infect PCs containing stored Pokémon and infect them, turning them into another Charizard M, who then repeats the process. This is not involuntary; the Charizard M corrupts other Pokémon willingly, for no reason other than its own amusement.

Before we could prepare to combat the dragon, it burst out of the screen, and another Charizard M followed behind.

Despite the Glitchmons monstrous history, these clones were quite indifferent to our existence. It was not until the eleventh Charizard M appeared that action was taken.

While the others went on ahead, this particular Charizard M, no different from the other Charizard Ms, stayed behind. MissingNo took the lead, standing in front of us, ready to do battle with the beast.

Right away, Charizard M attacked with Flamethrower, but MissingNo, ever vigilant, retaliated with its Water Gun technique, stopping the fire from carrying on towards us. However, Charizard Ms copy was strong enough to keep pushing on, but MissingNo soon emerged victorious; water does douse fire. Charizard M was knocked down from the torrential blast, but, as we have seen with several other Glitchmon, a mere type advantage will not keep them down.

The army of clones was circling above, and we were unsure on how to proceed. The defeated Charizard M copy got up and snarled at us. Its Glitchese was broken, but, assuming I heard it correctly, the dragon said, "going to die." Whether or not it meant us or something else, I did not know.

"Glitchy, whats the plan?" Amber asked.

I replied, "If those Charizard M copies are as dedicated as they appear, then escaping will be difficult. Bzzt. This one," I pointed to the dragon MissingNo defeated, "openly expressed its intent to kill us. Bzzt." I was simply guessing when describing Charizard Ms grunt, but my conclusion seemed likely.

"Purpganium, knock em down!" the Captain ordered. Purpganium attacked with Sludge Bomb, a disgusting attack. The dinosaur vomited up a blob of poisonous goop, but the attack, despite landing on one of the dragons, failed to take it down.

I flew up and impaled a Charizard M through the stomach with the pointed end of the iron rod. Then, while still holding the weapon, I turned around so it was facing the floor and plunged down, taking out the abominable dragon. One down, ten more to go!

Salamence attacked with Dragon Rage, an attack similar to Sludge Bomb, but instead of poison, the move was an electrified blue sphere, said to represent the users anger and hate. Yet another copy of Charizard M was taken down! Nine of them were still circling above, and the one MissingNo dealt with was standing around, waiting to strike.

MissingNo wasted no time and tackled the dragon into a wall, implanting it and then attacking with Water Gun. Even though that beatdown put it on the brink of defeat, Charizard M still had some fuel left. The dragon attacked by spitting out the largest fireball I had every seen at point blank range, and, just like that, MissingNo was defeated. His pixels were smoking and the fumes were pungent, but, on the brighter side, the beast collapsed, unable to keep fighting.

"Captain! Bzzt. Get MissingNo to the healing machine! Bzzt."

My Trainer darted over to pick up MissingNo, but before he could, a Charizard M swooped down.

This was not a clone. This was the real Charizard M. It lashed out at the Captain, swatting him aside with a single strike from its meaty paw. The Charizard M then attacked with Flamethrower, but the master quickly rolled aside to avoid the blaze; despite this, his blue cape was singed and burned in a few places.

"CAPTAIN! Bzzt." I stormed over to find that he was mostly all right.

"Urf… Im gonna feel that for a while," he said, clutching his left side.

Charizard M swooped down and grabbed MissingNo, binding him with its tail. It flapped its wings and ascended, then, again used Flamethrower to sear a hole in the roof of the building. Pieces of rock, steel, and cement rained down and, panicking, I threw my own cape over the Captain, protecting him from the barrage of debris.

The building quickly became unstable.

"Weve gotta get out of here!" Amber shouted. I pulled my cape back and, right away, the Captain pointed at the real Charizard M.

"Hes going after Shorts Kid!"

The toddler - who was hiding behind a couch - looked on in fear at the Captains observation. Indeed, the eldritch dragon was making his way towards the child.

Before we could take action, Charizard M had snatched the boy with his right hand, holding him like a rag doll.

"Help! HEEEEEEELLLLLLLP!" Shorts Kid shouted.

Charizard M used Flamethrower on the ground this time, putting up a wall of pixilated fire to block our way. Then, the flapping of wings filled the nonexistent air, and I could see the legion of dragons evacuating through the hole in the roof.

Just like that, we lost MissingNo and Shorts Kid.

"Master! Bzzt. Hop on my back! Bzzt."

The Captain weakly got up and did just that, like before, when we traveled through Glitch City. Amber followed, hopping on Salamences back. We made our way to the roof, narrowly avoided the crumbling debris that threatened to take us down.

"Yikes!" the master said, as a large piece of cement skimmed past, almost hitting myself. Right as we left the building, it collapsed behind us into dust, roaring and moaning like a defeated Wailord.[/font]

Date: 2014-07-06 16:17:54
Chapter 19: Revelations
[font=courier]"I have thought that this will never end
If things go on like this, nothing will last
Only the fool in my believes there is sense in it
On distant shores of green
Its over now."

The Captain was singing a song by a band called Blind Guardian. I thought the chorus above fit the situation quite well, considering the hopelessness we are facing is perfectly described. No matter what happened, something awful was just waiting around the corner to pop out and ruin our victories, pushing back our progress. The battle with Charizard M in Viridian City just alerted it and any other Glitchmon on its side to our presence. I am still not sure what I saw in Mt. Moon, but the red and yellow creature gave off a powerful vibe, much stronger and monstrous than PPkmnPs. While on the topic of PPkmnP, I am 100% positive that his death had something to do with the reason why were here. Something in Glitch City had seen it and twisted the worlds environment, ensuring that we would end up here without a choice.

As we flew over the dimension, we saw LM4 on an incline of letters and numbers, waving at us with one of his arms. I dove down to greet him, as did Salamence.

"Hello, LM4. Bzzt."

LM4 replied, "Hi, Four Dot-Dot. Bert, Amber."

The Glitchmons head wavered left and right, noticing something.

"Where is MissingNo?"

All of us exchanged glances, dreading the response one of us would have to give. Losing MissingNo was a huge setback for us, since, despite having a limited moveset, was still the most knowledgeable about Glitchmon and Glitch City, aside from Smitty.

"MissingNo? MissingNo. Uh, he kinda got taken away by Charizard M," Captain hurriedly blathered.

LM4 shuddered. "I saw several of them flying out of that structure. What happened in there?"

Amber told him the long winding story; LM4 appeared to be horrified when the tale was finished. He was winded and worn down, and even had to catch his breath after what she told him. LM4s tentacles unevenly waved about. His posture became more relaxed, which was a cause for concern since, normally, he was quite tense.

"Well, then. This is very bad news."

"Yep," the Captain agreed.

LM4 added, "If 3TrainerPoké got his hands back on MissingNo, it could spell doom for us all."

"Why?" asked Amber.

"Because MissingNo is connected with Glitch City in more ways than you can imagine. That is why."

Captain replied, quite intensely, "No. No it fucking isnt. Theres more to it than that. All this time, since I first met Glitchy, Ive racked my brains with questions that have yet to be answered, by MissingNo and you. And Im fucking sick of these little vague answers. We all are. So, this is whats gonna happen: youre going to answer every single question that comes to our heads, whether you like it or not."

LM4 sighed. "All right. Youre right; the answers given to you thus far are not enough. The three of you need to know the truth. Ask away."

"And the first question is: what the flying fuck is going on?" Amber added. "Thats the most important one."

LM4 advised us to sit down, for this was going to be a long answer.

"This is going to be a lot to take in, but what you need to know is that everything I am about to tell you is absolute truth.

"You have all encountered Glitchmon in your own world, the Pokémon world, or maybe 'the real world,' as some would call it.

"Eighteen years ago, there was an incident on Cinnabar Island. Somebody was attempting to clone a Porygon, a very rare Pokémon, in the Burned Mansion, at the time known as the Cinnabar Research Lab. While in the middle if the process, which involves moving a Pokémon to a different storage box and restarting the PC, there was a sudden power outage that was caused by a thunderstorm. When the PC was turned back on, there was no Porygon, but instead a chunk of data called 'MissingNo.' To their surprise, MissingNo was a sentient being, but found no traces of the Porygon in it. They deduced that it was junk data that was the result of the failed cloning attempt.

However, MissingNo was an unstable specimen. Just hours after its birth, the world was drastically changing, starting on Cinnabar Island. There, the first signs of Glitch City appeared. To try and contain it, MissingNo was taken to the eastern shore of the island, taking Glitch City with him. He did not allow the glitched environment to expand, but that was eventually changed.

Not too long after MissingNo was born, many more Glitchmon emerged. One of these Glitchmon, 3TrainerPoké, thought the world could benefit from these Glitchmon, so, against MissingNos wishes, Glitch City was relocated to a pocket dimension within the PC. There, it spread. 3TrainerPoké used his abilities to create an environment for it, but there was nothing usable. So, he somehow implanted parts of the outside world into it, which explains the various rooftops, cliffs, and trees you have come across.

There was not just 3TrainerPoké and MissingNo, however. Obviously, many of us were born from that incident. PPkmnP, myself, the Double Question Marks, and the Bulls Eye Question Marks were also spawned. There are many, many more Glitchmon none of you have met yet, such as 44hy, Q, Female Symbol, h Poké, and thousands of others. Your Four Dot-Dot, Glitchy, was also spawned from the corrupted event.

For some time, none of us had any discernable personality. We went about our daily lives in Glitch City, but we left it often to venture through the outside world. One day, something terrible happened. A group of adventurers, who had heard about Glitch City, intended to explore it and see what the place was about. None of them were prepared. Nobody could prepare to venture through Glitch City, no matter how ready they thought they were. It is simply impossible.

The rumor goes that Glitch City, at the time, was accessible by traveling underneath Cinnabar Island. This was correct at the time, but the method was so absurd that nobody believed it. Even then, Cinnabar Island trudges quite deep underwater. To our surprise and displeasure, they traveled deep enough with their Pokémon to reach it. Nobody knows what happened, but the explorers bodies were found a few days later by a search crew. MissingNos purple pixels, which were exclusive to him at the time, were found on their bodies.

It snowballed from there. The reputation of Glitchmon, most noticeably MissingNo, was demolished in the blink of an eye. We were forced to retreat to Glitch City, never to be seen from the public eye eighteen years later. All the blame for the explorers death was placed on MissingNo, who took the brunt of it and sealed himself away in a cave within Glitch City to make sure he couldnt harm anything else ever again, despite it not being his fault.

Many Glitchmon had formed their own personalities long before that happened, but this was the first sign of trouble. 3TrainerPoké took it upon himself to reign in Glitch City, but he was not acting alone. Assuming you have heard the rumors of a God of Glitch City, this is where they originated. 3TrainerPoké worshipped a being he left unnamed, but nobody had ever seen this entity other than him, or so he claimed.

Whether it was the influence of this God or just 3TrainerPoké himself, Glitch City was converted into a totalitarian regime. The things he did, the things he said, were all, according to him, at the behest of this God. 3TrainerPoké was, for lack of a better description, stark raving mad. Being in absolute power just wasnt enough for him, however. He needed more, despite that being impossible. He wanted war. 3TrainerPoké intended to perform an ethnic cleansing, a survival of the fittest scenario, where only those he deemed fit would get to live in Glitch City.

After a bloody showdown that lasted three months, MissingNo attempted to try and overthrow 3TrainerPoké. Their fight was short and MissingNo was beaten down to submission. MissingNo was subjected to horrendous experiments that threatened to take away his unique abilities, such as item cloning, and turn him into a mindless slave. I changed that and freed MissingNo from 3TrainerPokés wrath, but, fearing for his safety, I also escaped into outside world to protect him. We went separate ways: he resided in Digletts Cave, while I watched over what remained of the battered former laboratory on Cinnabar.

Soon after that is when more Glitchmon were leaking into your world. About a dozen or so ventured out of Glitch City; 3TrainerPoké wanted to see how the rest of the world would treat them, considering how MissingNo was treated. One of these Glitchmon, a Four Dot-Dot, was wandering around Cycling Road when he was captured by an unknown Trainer. How he wound up at Professor Oaks lab, though, I dont know. Thats how Glitchys story started.

3TrainerPoké considered the friendship between a human and a Glitchmon a very dangerous thing, because it threatened everything he strove to accomplish. However, Berts friendship with Glitchy was not the first time this had happened, as you, Amber, had befriended your Double Question Marks just a few years before Bert met Four Dot-Dot. So, the King ordered PPkmnP to capture MissingNo and the other roaming Glitchmon, realizing that he had made a serious mistake. PPkmnP decided to focus on MissingNo to appease 3TrainerPoké, since they had a… familiarity with each other. PPkmnP was no fool, however, and watched from afar as you all traveled towards Vermillion City. There, he decided, he would take MissingNo and a few other Glitchmon with him in one fell swoop. But we all know how that ended.

I think this brought 3TrainerPoké down a few pegs, since what happened next was unusual for him. He decided to initiate the apocalypse by releasing the powers of Glitch City into your world, resulting in you arriving at an improper Pallet Town instead of the real one. And here you are."

This was a lot to take in. LM4 was gracious and let us comprehend his explanation, but Amber and the Captain looked like they were just beaten down by a Machamp. However, there were still many unanswered questions that had yet to be asked.

Captain asked, "So, basically, 3TrainerPoké is trying to take over the world?"

LM4s T-Rex head nodded. "The friendship between people and Pokémon, and Glitchmon, is a beautiful thing. It poses the biggest threat to the Kings plans. But, I do not think that merely taking over the world will be enough to please him. The entire universe is on his agenda, and, unless he is stopped, he will have it."

Amber asked, although she already knew the question, "Why is friendship between us and Glitchmon so dangerous to him?"

"Because, before Glitchmon developed their own personalities, they were basically mindless, aside from MissingNo. MissingNo allowed them to grow, something which 3TrainerPoké came to regret. He no longer had an army of mindless minions, but there are billions of Glitchmon working for him, all of them possessing unique personalities."

"So, heres my question" where are all the Gym Leaders and Pokémon Center nurses?" asked the Captain.

"Kidnapped," LM4 replied. "Not just the ones in Kanto, though; every Gym Leader, or at least, until Generation 7 comes out, are being held hostage in 3TrainerPokés lair. Right now, every Pokémon League is interconnected to his tower. If you cannot get the Gym Badges…"

"Then you cant get into his tower and foil his plans," the Captain finished. "But why the Pokémon League? Is it due to the requirements?"

LM4 nodded. "As you know, the League is where the strongest Trainers in a region gather to form the Elite Four. That is why he has captured them as well. As the strongest Trainers, they are the most likely candidates for bringing him down."

"What about us?" Amber asked. "How big of a threat are we?"

A dreadful and regretful tone filled LM4s voice. "Right now, you are 3TrainerPokés primary targets. He has already captured everyone else that could stand up to him, leaving you. While he focused on the Gym Leaders and nurses, he had PPkmnP and Charizard M attack you, but now he is getting desperate. Glitchys friendship with Bert, whom he considers his best friend, is putting his plans on the line."

The Captain laid down on his back, looking up at the nonexistent sky, exasperated over everything he had just learned. He put his hands on his face and groaned, like he was tired. At that point, I was terrified. Terrified of many things. Terrified at the idea of being taken away from my best friend. Terrified that our journey might have been all for naught. Terrified that, despite all the work weve put into fighting off these Glitchmon, we might still lose and subject the universe to unknown and unseen horrors.

"So… So, why is our friendship so dangerous to him? W-why is it a threat?"

"Because, assuming this God is real, Glitchy is a direct descendent of it. That is a whole other story."

"Were listening," Amber said.

LM4 continued, "Very well. Soon after the conception of this 'God' idea, Glitchy was born. He was not spawned from the corrupted data; he just appeared on day, in the temple of the King. He was a little different from other Glitchmon. He was not particularly different from other Glitchmon, but at the same time, there were many things that set him apart. Like regular Pokémon, there are multiple of the same specie. This also applies to Glitchmon; there are many LM4s out there, but our appearances are different.

"However, Glitchy is, thus far, the only Four Dot-Dot in existence. Despite this uniqueness, he is still a regular Glitchmon."

The Captain looked at me, shocked, awed, and with a little bit of "that is so awesome" at the revelation.

On the other hand, I felt… confused, really. I certainly dont feel like any sort of descendent of a God, or any other kind of entity. Something was churning inside me, a large swirl of emotions that I had never felt before.

Was LM4 correct? Was I actually the son of this God, a presence that, despite unseen thus far, was clearly malicious? How could I be the descendent? I do not even have any attacks! I do not even know who this God is! For that matter, I have no idea if it even exists! And yet, I am, apparently, its son?

Yes, that is redundant. I know. But, if you were told that you are the descended of a God, you would be running thousands of questions through your head as well.

I wasnt the only one flabbergasted. The Captain and Amber were blown away by LM4s revelation. All eyes were on me as I struggled to give a response, to say something, anything, to tell them how I felt and understood what I was told.

"I…am a demigod? Bzzt." Was all I could say.

LM4 nodded. "You are. Supposedly, at least. Keep that in mind. Nobody can even be sure that the God of Glitch City is real."

The Captain interjected, "So, hang on. Glitchy being a demigod is way past cool, but how the hell do you know all this?"

"I have studied a lot of this places mythology. There is much more to it than meets the eye. To you, it may look like an amalgamation of various cities and towns, but, you must remember, us Glitchmon were born here. It is our home.

"What makes me think Glitchy is the descendent of the 'God' is that, like I said, he is the only Four Dot-Dot in the entire universe. There are multiple of the same Glitchmon; multiple PPkmnP's exist, multiple 3TrainerPoké's exist, and there are even a few more MissingNo out there. It is a lot of little things and mostly comes down to speculation, but Glitchys greyish blueish pixels are exclusive to him as well. That very shade is his own; many Glitchmon share the same pigment, but none have the same as Glitchy.

"There is something I wish to show the three of you. It will hopefully explain more about this than I could ever hope to."

We got up off the ground, exhausted just from hearing LM4s tale. A lot of things were still running through my head; I still dont understand how or why I am a God of any kind. With any luck, whatever LM4 wanted to show us would shed some necessary light on it.[/font]

Date: 2014-07-16 16:55:44
Chapter 20: The King is in the House
[font=courier]LM4 led us northsouth towards our next destination. Yes, northsouth. It is a direction that exists in Glitch City that defies what those in the Pokémon world know as direction. An angled walk, it gives one the feeling they are moving up a hill despite the sense of being pushed down one.

Right away, Amber expressed a sense of unease as we headed northsouth, but neither myself, LM4, or her Double Question Marks felt such a thing. However, this is because it makes sense to us. As Glitchmon, we are a little more accustomed to the absurdity of Glitch City, although I do not have any memories of being here. The earliest thing I can remember is meeting the Captain in the laboratory.

We walked through nothing for a while, but rapidly, a canyon-like area appeared. The four of us walked between two towering mountain walls that stretched out for miles, generating a claustrophobic aura. Something about the pathway felt so familiar.

"Wait," the Captain said, "Ive been here before."

"This is Route 3," LM4 confirmed. "The same path where you met that child who likes shorts."

"If this is Route 3, then… are we in our world?" Amber asked.

LM4 stated, "Of sorts. This is part of what remains of it. Glitch City has spread so far, it has completely taken over your world. This is one of the reasons why the Gym Leaders and Elite Four were kidnapped by 3TrainerPoké. With no one strong enough to counter him, Earth was his for the taking."

"I still dont understand something," the Captain said. "Why not just kill them? Why not just kill anyone who gets in his way?"

"He is doing it as a form of torture, I think. By keeping them alive, he is letting the Gym Leaders and Elite Four know that they have failed. He wants to break their spirits, and has succeeded. As for the rest of you, I am not sure about what has happened to Travis or Dicks, or Shorts Kid."

"And MissingNo?" Amber asked.

"I told you about their history. 3TrainerPoké is likely torturing MissingNo as we speak. He is still determined to reduce MissingNo, the worlds most famous Glitchmon, the one which could provide a huge benefit to mankind, to a useless being."

"What makes MissingNo so special, compared to other Glitchmon? Bzzt."

"I do not wish to attempt to undermine the abilities of other Glitchmon," LM4 began, choosing his words carefully, "but MissingNos ability to duplicate items is exclusive to him."

The Captain asked, "Is that a result of the botched cloning attempt?"

The dinosaur head nodded. "Precisely. Something about that was melded into MissingNos DNA, and was vital in constructing Glitch City. However, we Glitchmon are not exposed to interior decorating often."

The four of us shared a sly chuckle at LM4s joke. He was normally all business, but this was the first time we had seen his more human side, as strange as that sounds.

At the end of this canyon was a stairwell that descended. It was still between the mountain walls, but the location was boxed in, making going further impossible.

We headed down the long and winding stairs, taking at least one hundred steps to the bottom of this place. The Trainers feet clacked against the tiled floor, and the walls were alive with the mythology that seeped out from every crack. Pillars jutted out from the ground, forming a single path to the back of the room.

Three iron statues rested against the back wall. The statue on the left was engraved with The One, but there was nobody there. The right statue was The King, showcasing a statue of a dinosaurian being, hunched over, with curved wings coming from his shoulders, a head between the shoulders with horns pointing forward, and a snakelike head and neck popping of the middle of its back.

The middle statue, titled The Son, was me. The statue showed me flying upwards, my right fist out like I had done before while flying, my wings out instead of being in their caped form. What did this mean? Was the saurian creature 3TrainerPoké? Who was The One, and why was there no statue of him?

My statue had text written under my title, saying, "..And on the five thousandth day, The Son of The One shall be born," in Glitchese. I read the text aloud, prompting the Captain to ask, "You can read that?"

I nodded both heads. "Yes. Bzzt. It is written in Glitchese, a language exclusive to Glitch City. Bzzt."

Amber added, "It just looks like blocks and scribbles to me."

"The language is impossible for humans to read," LM4 replied.

Stupid humans, at least," added a voice. It came from the entrance.

We turned around and saw the exact same being displayed on The King. His pixels were red and yellow, and he was indeed hunched over. His three, fat fingers were closed in, like a fist. His forearms were thicker than his upper arms, and his tail was split into three tips.

"3TrainerPoké," hissed LM4.

"This is him?" asked the Captain, clearly terrified.

"Yes, it is I!" the King declared. "The one and only, the King of Glitch City, 3TrainerPoké! So, LM4! It has been quite a while. What brings you here?"

You did," LM4 sneered.

3TrainerPoké laughed. It was much livelier than PPkmnPs, but just as boastful.

"That is correct! And I brought the rest of the outside world here, for that matter. Tell me, what are you doing with these humans?"

LM4 replied, "Guiding them."

"Guiding them to what? An early grave? Tell me, LM4, is this the best resistance youve got? Do you really think these worthless Pokémon can defeat us?"

I interjected, "Arent you forgetting someone? Bzzt."

3TrainerPokés back head looked at me, while the front head glanced at the statues.

"Th-the Son…!" he exclaimed. "It cannot be!"

It does be. Bzzt. And, as the Son, I order you to call off this war you are perpetrating! Bzzt."

The Glitchmon chuckled, and then made a low, "tsk" as if to imply I was some sort of buffoon.

"So, you are the Son of our God, are you? Very well! Be that as it may, the Gods plans are absolutely not threatened. For that matter, just because you are his heir, that does not mean you have any authority over me. You are, however, welcome to watch as I turn the world into a cruel mockery of what it once was!"

The Captain seethed, "Im gonna rip out your fucking spine through your nostrils."

3TrainerPoké approached him; the head sprouting from his back came to eye level with him.

The main head replied, "You are in no position to deliver such petty threats. In fact, not even Four Dot-Dot is. In this world, I reign. You, the four of you, are nothing compared to me or the God."

Amber asked, "Whatve you done to MissingNo and Shorts Kid?"

"Theyre safe," 3TrainerPoké calmly replied. "Although, time is running out. It is only a matter of time before you humans are gone, and Glitchmon shall reign over the entire universe with an iron fist!

"You see, the God and I share a common goal. We want everything that is improper to fall. To do this, we had to capture the strongest Trainers throughout the world and imprison them. That was easy enough to do. It was not until you befriended your Glitchmon that I had to put my plans into overdrive to make sure everything went as planned. And, despite my fears that everything I worked for would be ruined, in the end, I won. Your world has been turned into Glitch City, and MissingNo has been captured.

"Despite my wishes, the God of Glitch City wishes for you to live. I do not know why; I think it has something to do with Four Dot-Dot."

"You really are batshit insane," the Captain huffed.

3TrainerPoké smarmily replied, "If you say so. But Im not the one fighting for a lost cause. The most important thing to remember is that you are still alive, the Gym Leaders and Elite Four are still alive, and, if you actually hope to keep living, you will need to fight. If PPkmnP had done his job correctly, none of you would even be here, but alas, he failed.

"Now. I understand that some of your friends have been captured. Im not talking about MissingNo and that child; I am referring to that Trainer with the Hybridmon and the Trainer with the wild brown hair."

"They have names, you know," Amber said.

"Thats nice," 3TrainerPoké quipped. "So, do you want to rescue your friends?"

We all nodded.

"In that case, the four of you need to come with me. Keep in mind that I cannot attempt to kill you unless the God wills it, so participating is really the best course of action."

The four of us exchanged questionable looks. 3TrainerPoké had us right where he wanted us, and could easily finish us off here, but it appeared that he had something else in mind. On the other hand, we could attempt to make a stand right here and now, but the consequences of doing so could just make everything worse.

"Fine," Amber said. "Well go along with your bullshit. But if you go back on your word-"

"I cannot," 3TrainerPoké said. "Like I said, I am going along with what the God is suggesting."

None of this made sense. There had to be more to this than 3TrainerPoké was telling us; but we had no real choice in the matter. It was obvious to us that, despite being forced to go against his desires, 3TrainerPoké was stronger than all of us combined.

"What would happen if we decide to attack you right now?" asked Amber.

"It depends," replied 3TrainerPoké. "If the God wills it, then I will kill you. Otherwise, then Ill just overpower and haul you away. Its that simple."

Why was LM4 being so quiet? He was just standing by, listening to the conversation. I could tell he was pondering something, but I had no idea what. He was examining what 3TrainerPoké was telling the four of us; I think he may have been trying to find a flaw in his plan.

"So, are you going to come along now? Or would you rather wander around this world, lost and alone, with nobody to save you?"

Despite not liking it, going along with the King was the only way to get to Travis, Dicks, MissingNo, and Shorts Kid and save them.

"Fine. Bzzt. Take us away. Bzzt."[/font]

Date: 2014-07-19 16:27:56
Chapter 21: Lost Fallen World
[font=courier]We have failed.

Everything we fought for, everything we went through, was all for nothing. All the turmoil we faced, all the battles we fought, all the hell we went through was a waste of time. This was not even the good kind of, "Well, at least we tried." No, this was the, "Well, that was pointless" kind. I had feared we might face this outcome ever since the first brawl with Charizard M in Viridian City, but this proved it.

Although none of us were dead yet, we were likely about to be. I still am not sure what building were in. I know we are on a high floor, but that is about it. The Captain, Amber, and I were imprisoned in this building in a shared cell. There are also many Glitchmon in this place, many of whom I do not recognize. Across from us was a cell containing several Hybridmon; a yellow Camerupt with black rings on its sides, a Goodra whose light purple shading was replaced with grey flesh instead, a white Fearow, and a black Mismagius. The Captain was eyeing the Camerupt.

"Im gonna catch that one," he said, pointing to the volcanic camel.

Amber was lying on her cot, looking up at the ceiling and occasionally muttering something.

"How did this happen? Were smarter than this."

"Apparently not," the Captain replied. "3TrainerPoké, hes a master ruse man, apparently." He stood in front of the transparent sliding door and looked down both sides of the hallway. "Hello? Wed like to get out now!"

I think the expression is, "ask and you shall receive." The red and yellow pixels of 3TrainerPoké swooped in from the left, and materialized into his form.

"I can not believe you actually fell for that!" the beast laughed. "The oldest trick in the book! Some heroes you are."

The Captain threw his foot out at the glass door in a desperate attempt to break through, but to no avail. 3TrainerPoké watched, hands behind his back, enjoying the miserable fate we had granted ourselves.

"Stop that! That glass is very nice, and I do not want to replace it right now."

"Then youd better let us out!" Amber snapped.

3TrainerPoké replied, "And why would I do that? The final stages of my master plan are nearing completion. All thats left is to annihilate the wranglers - of which, yes, there are many - and then, I will rule over the universe as the supreme overlord and watch as everything comes crashing down!"

"Get used to that feeling, because its exactly what were gonna do to you. Bzzt."

"Youre going to do that… how? All of you are helpless behind these doors. The Hybridmon will overwhelm regular Pokémon and beat them down in a heartbeat. LM4, as strong as he may be, will be my second casualty."

We all feared the worst at the mentioning of second. Amber dared to ask who the first was.

"MissingNo."

The back head was adorned with a wickedly monstrous smile from end to end, as we felt every synonymous emotion for anger boil inside us. Purpganium rammed the door from the back of the cell, but nothing happened and it just stumbled back. The loud "BAM!" from the impact shook the King a little, however.

"Such insolence! Do you know why you humans were so easily defeated? Because your emotions got the better of you. Even titanic Pokémon like Groudon and Raikou are useless if their Trainer cant focus and give them proper orders.

"It is not even restricted to anger, although that one is the most common. Even that one Trainer, Smitty, I think his name was, at least acknowledged his fate. He thought he could change the game into your favor, but, as a human, he instead listened to his emotions and was slaughtered almost instantly. If he had not, then he might still be on your side!

"And he did it for MissingNo, the most 'precious' Glitchmon of all. The apple does not fall far from the tree, does it?"

The Captain rammed the door. He stormed towards it and tackled it with all his might, shouting every obscenity (and making some up) at the two-headed King. After the fifth attack, he was too worn down to try again and hit the floor, collapsing on his side.

"Do you see?" 3TrainerPoké drawled. "This is what I am talking about. Acting on pure aggression will get you nowhere fast. It is why the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, and the Champions were forced into submission!"

"Im gonna-" the Captain started.

"Rip my spine out through my nose. Yes, yes, I remember. You should know better than to throw threats at those who will decide your fate. Here is what is going to happen: Since you, the Elite Four, and the Gym Leaders are behind bars, only regular Trainers are left. Even Trainers who specialize in dragons will not stand a chance against us. The most seasoned Trainers will eventually be brought to face the horrors of Glitch City!"

I thrust the iron rod at the door, hoping to pierce through it. Bah! What was this glass made of? I swung it like a club instead, which, like you would guess, did nothing.

"Look at you all. Squirming about in your little cages like rats. Frankly, I do not even want you dead. I want you to live so you can all feel the suffering of everybody in this world, the souls of those you failed.

"Can you feel it? I can. The lingering, reeking stench of despair… oh, yes. I can feel it. I can feel the hopelessness of everyone and everything here as their minds race, trying to figure out what will become of them. It is a glorious thing. Glorious for me, that is. Personally, I think the God is insane for letting everyone live, but I understand the purpose.

"There is not a whole lot left for me to do now. There is nothing left for you to do, either. My Hybridmon are roaming the lands, looking for strugglers and remnants of your world."

I asked, "You created the Hybridmon? Bzzt."

3TrainerPoké replied, "That is right. I remember when I came up with the idea; I was so proud of myself, but at the time, I thought it was outrageous. Change the Pokémons types? What an insane concept! Nobody had even thought about it before. Well, Im sure people thought about it, but never even tried to do it.

"The actual process was difficult. Altering those kinds of aspects of Pokémon takes a lot longer than you would think. But once you prod their brain enough, they calm down and let you do your work. Describing it in its entirety would take too much time, but lets just say the concept involves complete and utter submission on the subjects part.

"It took me three years just to create one Hybridmon; it was a steel and psychic type Lapras. I remember looking at that magnificent, steely grey beast and glowing with pride! While the operation was flawed and ended with the poor creature melting into a puddle of noxious goop, I at least had evidence that it was possible. You would be amazed at what you can accomplish by just being persistent. Five years later, there were hundreds of my little super soldiers I wanted to sick upon the world.

"One thing I failed to do was make sure they would obey me and only me. Oh well. Despite my efforts in doing so, my Hybridmon showed such resistance that the attempts at brainwashing them were futile. On the other hand, one of my dreams had come true. And then my other dream came true! Yay! And thats it."

The three of us were stunned at 3TrainerPokés spiel. Morbid. Morbidity. Thats all it was. Thats all he knew, and its all he lived for. He was completely indifferent to the suffering the Pokémon went through. A psychopath.

Purpganium approached the door and eyed 3TrainerPoké.

"Ah, one of my subjects. What are you doing with these humans?"

The sauropod snarled at the Glitchmon, but I could clearly understand what he said. Purpganium called the saurian creature a b*****d.

"You would know," 3TrainerPoké cheekily remarked. "Anyway, I have overstayed my welcome. I must be off to eliminate the bandits who continue to fight. Tootles!"

3TrainerPoké walked down the hall, gloating to himself over this victory. The Captain slumped down against a wall, declaring defeat.

"This is it," he hurriedly huffed. "We lost."

"It sure looks that way," Amber agreed.

I was still running many thoughts through my head. The Son of a God thing was the main one. We still did not know where Dicks, Travis, Shorts Kid or LM4 were, or even if 3TrainerPokè was lying when he told us MissingNo was dead.

The mood in our little prison was somber. 3TrainerPoké was probably getting his jollies off to our despair right now. I sat down beside the Captain. Sitting is really weird for me; I only have a body and a long tail. No legs. My tail was out like a leg would be, though. Also, wow, the Captain was short. I am 45 (counting my necks), but when sitting down, I am almost the same height as he is when sitting down.

"Well, if I die here," the Captain began, "Im glad I died with you two."

It was strange seeing the two of them like this. Before, the Captain and Amber were boastful and confident in their abilities. If this happened in Vermillion City, we might be out of our cell by now.

Personally, I thought they were admitting defeat too early. This was a colossal obstacle we needed to overcome, but we had come out of tougher situations than this! PPkmnP attempted to bury us alive, but we survived that. We survived the onslaught of Hybridmon despite being outnumbered, and, in my case, defeated!

I saw their point, though. This almost seemed like a carefully coordinated attempt by 3TrainerPoké to bring us here. Had it been?

Looking through the door, I could see the misery these Hybridmon were going through. What were they doing here? They were just shuffling around in their cages and grunting to each other. Did 3TrainerPoké have no use for these Hybridmon, or was he just waiting for an opportunity to use them? Considering the amount of Hybridmon we have seen already, the second scenario seems likely.

Something needed to be done. And quick.

"Whats with you two? Bzzt," I asked, turning to face Amber and the Captain. "Before we got here, you two were like dynamos! Bzzt. Nothing was too strong or to mighty to stop the two of you from bringing them down. Bzzt. Are you really going to let 3TrainerPoké win? Bzzt."

The Captain, exasperated, explained, "Glitchy, look. Its not that we want to lose; its just that, I dont think we can win. Even if we beat PPkmnP again, it wouldnt do any good since wed still be in Glitch City. We have no idea if theres even a way to get out of here!"

"Isnt it at least worth finding out? Bzzt. Even if we are trapped here forever, throwing in the towel is the worst thing to do! Bzzt. Letting 3TrainerPoké and this God he keeps mentioning win is contradictory to everything we have worked for on this journey! Bzzt. Do you really want to live in a world like this? Bzzt."

"Well, no," Amber replied. "How do we even go about getting out of this cell? Its completely idiot and fool proof. And Pokémon and Glitchmon proof."

"But whats worked for us before? Bzzt. Attack, attack, attack! Bzzt. It worked on PPkmnP, it worked on the Hybridmon we faced on the cliff, and it has just got to work here! Bzzt."

Amber lowly replied, "I dont know… What if it doesnt work?"

I told her, "We have to try! Bzzt. Are you with me? Bzzt."

The two of them looked at me like I was crazy. Maybe I was! I had been around the Captain long enough; something must have worn off on me. With my luck, I will have inherited his placid attitude towards everything.

"Fine, Glitchy. Im with you," Amber said.

"What about you, Captain? Bzzt."

The Captain shook his head, but sighed. He stood up and said, "Ive got your back, Jack."

"Its Glitchy. Bzzt."

"Well, now ya know how I feel!"

Ah, yes, his insistence on me calling him by his first name. That idea just sounds so bizarre to me. Why would I call my Trainer by his name?

"So, whats the plan?" he asked.

"We attack. Bzzt. Then, we attack some more. Bzzt. Then, we keep attacking until we and the rest of those Hybridmon are out of here! Bzzt."

"So were basically going to reenact every scene from every action movie Arnold Schwarzenegger has starred in?" the Captain asked.

"Um… I guess so. Bzzt."

"Works for me," Amber jokingly said.

"Gan!" Purpganium declared. It roughly translated to something along the lines of, "All right!"

Let the jailbreak commence.[/font]

Date: 2014-07-25 17:28:35
Chapter 22: Jailbreak
[font=courier]So, this was the plan: once we get out of our cell, we bust the Hybridmon and Glitchmon out as well. When we got here, the cell door opened and closed automatically, so there must be a switch somewhere. If everything went according to plan, we will have instigated a stampede that, hopefully, will give us an opportunity to escape.

We were still shaky from everything that had transpired throughout this adventure. Uncertainly rattled us, fear battered us, and thoughts of defeat followed us.

The basic concept was to keep attacking until everything that stands in our way runs away in fear. I do not think 3TrainerPoké has guards, but instead allies himself with the Double Question Marks and Circled Question Marks (or, as they were once called, Bullseye Marks) to swarm anyone he wants dead. At least those were easy to dispose of.

Assuming 3TrainerPoké has Hybridmon ready to attack, that might be a problem. This proved to be one of the tougher aspects to counter, but every idea we thought of to deal with the Hybridmon was shot down in favor of fighting them to a standstill, then making a run for it. If we could get 3TrainerPoké involved, we could potentially wear him down and come out a little unscathed.

The plan was far from decent, but everything we could take advantage of was in our grasp. The Hybridmon across the hall were looking at us curiously, like they had an inkling over what we were up to.

Our first obstacle was getting out of the cell. As sturdy as it was, a very, very miniscule wobble could be felt from our tackles and such. This was good. Something had loosened it, and now we just had to finish the job.

"What should we do about the Hybridmon?" asked the Captain. "Should we try and catch any of them?"

"Im all for that," Amber said. "Thing is, I dont have many Poké Balls left."

"How many are there?"

Amber unzipped the largest pocket on her backpack and Poké Balls erupted from it. The capsules shot out like a volcano and hit the ground. It was just as bizarre as it sounds.

"Where the hell did these come from?" she asked to no one in particular. "I didnt even have… uh, a tenth of these."

"MissingNo likely did it. Bzzt. Remember how LM4 and that diary in the Burned Mansion said MissingNo could clone items? Bzzt. Well, he did. Bzzt."

"How many of these things are there?" the Captain asked, looking at the room, which was not quite flooded with Poké Balls.

"I count two hundred and fifty six. Bzzt."

"So he really went all out!" Amber exclaimed. "But there are probably more Hybridmon than that just on this floor."

I do not think it matters. Bzzt. If they hate 3TrainerPoké as much as we do, they will likely side with us without question. Bzzt."

The Camerupt in the cell across from ours lay down on its side, its volcanic humps aimed at its cells door.

"Oh, fucking hell," Amber sighed.

Smoke seeped out of the Hybridmons humps, and lava was boiling within. The three of us crawled to our cells back wall out of instinct, because things were about to get hot.

See what I did there?

The Hybridmon accompanying Camerupt backed away, but hopeful. Camerupt roared, which sounded like a mangled, guttural, "What!"

It erupted. A blast of its trademark lava exploded out of its humps and battered the cell door, making a loud "BOOM!" like a cannonball was being fired. We jumped in surprise, as did the neighboring Hybridmon. Fireballs battered the door and pelted the supposedly unbreakable glass; the attack was so powerful, Camerupt was actually pushed away from the door.

When the assault was over, the Hybridmon weakly got up, unable to even imagine doing that again. But it gave us just what we needed. The door was so close to shattering, so close to giving them freedom, which was Goodras signal.

Goodra, despite being made of slime, is quite blubbery and has a thick hide. It rammed the door, leaving a giant hole behind as it stepped out to the hallway. Glass rained down from the door and onto the stony floor, giving those Hybridmon a freedom they likely had not felt in quite a long time. The white Fearow soared out, with Mismagius not far behind, and Camerupt sauntering out with thunderous steps. The foursome stepped aside to let us break free.

Only Amber had Pokémon strong enough to break through the glass. She released Salamence, whom roared with the hate of a thousand angry warriors. It was exactly the kind of passion and anger we needed.

"Okay, Sally," Amber cooed to the dragon. The Captain snickered. "What?"

"Sally? For real?"

"Yeah, its what I nicknamed Salamence. Got a problem with that?"

"N-nope," the Captain replied, stifling his laughter.

Amber sighed. "Whatever. Salamence, I know youve been waiting to do this for quite a while now. This is your chance."

The dragon nodded to her. What was she talking about? I know Salamence has a horrendous temper, but was it possible for it to be even worse?

"Hyper Beam!"

Those may just sound like words to you, but Hyper Beam is one of, if not the, most powerful Pokémon attack known to mankind. And we were just inches away from a dragon that was clearly going to enjoy this.

Salamence riled itself up, baring its wings, lashing its tail. Her(?) head lunged forward and from it burst an orange beam of pure power.

TSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!

Hyper Beam obliterated the door and went straight through the wall in the Hybridmons cell across from us. The hole in the wall was big enough for us to jump through! Bricks and plaster were ripped from their spots and dropped onto the ground below.

At least, I hoped there was ground below us.

Salamence relented and was quite proud of itself. A wide, dopey smile was on its face. Amber brought out Aurorus shortly after the attack ended.

"So, what now?" the Captain asked.

"Lets bail, obviously!" Amber replied. When we stepped out of our cell, a familiar voice and being made himself present.

"You are not going anywhere. Especially not with my Hybridmon."

"Sorry, 3TrainerPoké! Bzzt. Youve lost this one! Bzzt."

The King was standing at the end of the hall, where he had walked away earlier. The hallway was long and had more cells in it than I thought. 3TrainerPokés poise was much more formal; he was standing straight up, a terrifying contrast to his usual hunched over, fairly relaxed stature. From the sliding door behind him emerged a group of Double Question Marks and Bullseye Question Marks.

"I think what youre doing is admirable. It really is. Fighting for something you know is unattainable is not something a lot of normal people do."

"We arent exactly normal ourselves," the Captain replied.

"I can see that," 3TrainerPoké said. "Either way, I can not let you continue. I will make you an offer, though: surrender this instant, and I will make your deaths as quick and painless as possible."

"No dice. Bzzt."

"All right then."

(Music: Jailbreak)

The ?? and Bullseye Marks rushed in. Our new Hybridmon friends took to the front line, ready to protect us and hold them off.

Aurorus yellow collar was waving more erratically than normal, and was releasing mystical, dust-like particles. The specks formed a clear, but highly visible wall in front of us, blocking the Glitchmon.

Light Screen would not stand for long. Camerupt and Salamence were still tired from their respective attacks, while the other Pokémon were waiting to attack.

The Marks rammed the wall, but they just did not have the strength to break through. It was disturbing that they made no noise at all, even when moving. Something about it was just so unnatural. At least we have one on our side!

From the back of the group was a launched bomb shaped like an egg. It arched over the cluster and exploded upon coming into contact with Light Screen. The loud "KABLAM! frightened Aurorus, who dropped her guard and the protective wall.

"Sweet merciful crap!" barked the Captain. "What was that?"

3TrainerPokés back head was up and had its mouth open. The Egg Bomb came from it! So, the King has finally decided to join the fight!

The King ascended by flapping his curved wings. With two flaps, he was up in the air, almost touching the roof. He flew towards us; another Egg Bomb was forming in the back heads mouth.

"So, now whats the plan?" Amber asked me.

"I have no idea. Bzzt."

3TrainerPoké slid across the ground and swung his thick, long arms out at us; Amber ducked and was not stricken, but the Captain was smacked aside and stumbled into a wall.

"I knew the God was wrong letting you live! Forget what I said about making your deaths quick and painless. I want you TO SUFFER!"

Salamences tail coated itself in a thin, watery layer of steel and was swung at the King. The dragons Iron Tail battered 3TrainerPoké and smacked him to the ground. Without giving the King a chance to get up, Salamence spewed out a stream of fire upon the saurian being.

Unfortunately, 3TrainerPokés back head lurched, opened its mouth, and consumed the flames. Salamence ceased attacking quickly, but the head spit the flames back in the form of a fireball, and pelted the dragon in the face. Salamence whimpered and backed away, and 3TrainerPoké got back up.

The Marks started closing in. Purpganium grabbed a Bullseye Mark with a Vine Whip and threw it like a disc and slicing many of the Doubles in half. The halves dropped to the ground and lay flat on the surface. 3TrainerPoké was uninterested in his subjects demise. He had many more where they came from and they would blindly follow his orders, but for now, we were his priority.

The Captain got up, holding his head. I saw him smack it against the stone wall.

"Why do you continue you fight? Dont you realize your fates are already sealed?!" 3TrainerPoké barked.

"We fight because we have a dream!" Amber replied.

"Dreams? What dreams?! YOU HAVE ALL LOST!"

"Not yet we havent! Bzzt."

And they called me crazy," the King said to himself.

The Captain screamed and tackled 3TrainerPoké into a wall, a daring move if there ever was one. He lacked the foresight to try something else afterward, though, since 3TrainerPokés three-pronged tail wrapped around his legs and tripped him.

Purpganiums leafs shredded themselves into little blades and battered the King, pinning him against the wall and cutting him in little slices. Whether he was tired or not, when the attack ended, he leaned on the wall, huffing and seething.

I stormed over to him, aiming the pointed end of my iron rod to his throat.

"Where are the others? Bzzt."

"You will need to be more specific."

"Where are Dicks, Shorts Kid, Travis, LM4 and MissingNo? Bzzt."

3TrainerPoké chuckled. "Dicks and Travis are still out there somewhere, wandering aimlessly to a destination that does not exist. LM4 and MissingNo are not here. No, they are in the Gods tower."

I saw Amber backing away towards something in my peripheral vision.

"Go ahead! Release these Hybridmon! They are of no use to me. On the other hand, you will not get very far. The drop from here to the ground is eighty four feet and six inches. Assuming the army of Charizard Ms is still out there, you will die before even landing!"

We had not forgotten about those Charizard Ms. They are persistent predators, even more so than 3TrainerPoké or PPkmnP.

"In that case, are you admitting defeat? Bzzt."

"Heavens, no!" The King started regaining his composure, towering above us once again. "I am just disappointed to know that something other than I might have the pleasure of killing you."

The head on his back opened its jaw wide and lunged for me, but I smacked it away with my weapon.

3TrainerPoké gathered all his energy for one last attack. He was focusing on this strike, bringing his limbs close together and curling up into a ball.

"DOUBLE EDGE!" he declared.

He uncurled and barreled towards me for a full-body tackle. At this speed, I had no time to protect myself, and the Captain would never get me out of the way in time. I braced myself for the impact that would, in all likelihood, end my life.

"RUPT!"

As I stared Death in the face, the King was consumed by flames and shoved away down the hall, hitting the floor and rolling for a bit. Camerupt had saved my life!

That was Ambers cue to pull the switch at the end of the hall. The sliding doors opened and the imprisoned Hybridmon slowly stepped out of their cells, logically cautious.

The white Fearow cawed something to them. It roughly translated into something along the lines of, "We can trust them!" and the bird motioned to us with its head. The Hybridmon stepped forward; there were less than we saw on the cliff, but they still formed a rather opposable army. And that is an army we could count on!

3TrainerPoké got up off the ground. Another, larger group of Marks rushed into the hall. A golden Steelix that had escaped from a cell on the right coated itself in electricity, then growled at the Glitchmon and let loose the grandest Thunderbolt attack I had ever seen! Not only did it do the trick, but the surgical onslaught hit the King as well, throwing him against another wall. He, for the first time, collapsed in a defeated heap.

The Marks were either simply defeated or incinerated. Many of them burst into ash; it was a horrendous fate.

We quickly turned towards the one prison cell with the large hole Salamence had placed. I approached the gape and looked out. I saw the same off-white void when looking straight. It was what was below us that worried me.

The outside ground was, unlike the incomplete ground we had walked on before, fuller with random letters, numbers, rooftops, spinning floor tiles, trees, expanses of water, equally large fields of grass, and random blocks of junk, all of which expanded in every direction that did and did not exist. This was not the same Glitch City we had become acquainted with. What I was looking at was a horrendous, different kind of dimension that had almost no resemblance to what we had seen before.

And we would have to venture through it.

Nonetheless, this was the only way out of here. I was strong enough to support the Captain while flying and Amber had a similar support in Salamence. But the Hybridmon? Many of them could fly, definitely. But most of them could not. Purpganium could not fly. Neither could Aurorus. Either they jumped or stayed behind.

Wouldnt you know it, Steelix decided to take the first plunge. He slithered up to the hole, looked down, and went over the edge. All of us watched as he fell eighty feet to the ground, but what was really baffling was that it landed perfectly fine. Steelix landed on his stomach, got up, and was completely unharmed. Even the hardiest hardest Pokémon would be dead under normal circumstances.

The iron snake looked up at us, flashing an expression that matched my confused observation.

"So, whos next?" the Captain asked. Camerupt came forward.

Rupt!" it growled. And then it, too, jumped down and the same thing happened! Camerupt and Steelix looked at each other in a way that showed they did not know how this was happening. The other Hybridmon followed, abandoning the tower and jumping to freedom. None of them questioned themselves as they took action, but they were always baffled that they survived.

The hundreds of imprisoned Hybridmon were finally free, but there were many more out there. Now it was our turn. We took a cautious route and flew down to join our ensemble, although Aurorus and Purpganium hopped down to rendezvous with us.

I looked at our surroundings again. It was so unreal, even worse than the rest of Glitch City. This was an ugly place, a dimension that should not be. Something that could not be. It almost looked like a storm was coming, but that would mean there would be clouds and we would not have to look at what we were currently seeing.

The Captain and Amber were counting the number of Hybridmon with us.

"Looks like we have roughly 300 new friends," the Captain said.

"Three hundred and twenty eight. Bzzt. We will need all the help we can get to end this. Bzzt."

War. That is what this has become. A violent, twisted turn of events. What started as an innocent adventure has transformed into a fight for survival.

And the war is about to go critical.[/font]

Date: 2014-08-10 17:25:28
Chapter 23: Hope, Ruin, and Everything In Between
[font=courier]"So, how do we go about this?" the Captain asked, looking to the Hybridmon.

"What do you mean? Bzzt."

"Should we catch them, or what?"

I replied, "A few of them already have a sense of friendship with you two. Bzzt. I do not think confining them to Poké Balls is the way to go. Bzzt. So, I think, any that want to ally themselves with you will follow your lead. Bzzt."

Camerupt sauntered forward, standing in front of the Captain. "Rupt."

"Well, thats one down! Bzzt."

Amber spoke up. "Am I the only one who thinks capturing them should not be a priority? Any other Trainer couldve come along and they wouldve allied themselves with him or her."

She made an excellent point. What we had with these Hybridmon was a unique bond. One that can not be confined by technological capsules. The exact same one I shared with the Captain. The same kind Salamence shares with Amber. Possibly, in some kind of bizarre twist of fate, the same bond Charizard M shares with its Trainer, if it has one.

Which brings me to another realization: 3TrainerPoké is deluded beyond a shadow of a doubt. He believes he is working with this God as an alliance, when he is actually a puppet to them. Whether or not he knew this was a different matter, since he is also insane. But, what about PPkmnP? He was acting on orders of 3TrainerPoké, and by extension on orders of the God. Did he know this? PPkmnP did acknowledge that he was working on the Kings orders, however, and it is more than likely he knew of the legend of a Glitch God.

I myself am still unable to understand the myth and my supposed connection - my relation, to this being. There is no way to brush off the fact that there is something else here. It can see us. It us watching us. It is waiting for us. What is it waiting for? Emphasis on what.

We have been here for at least three months. It is strange how time works in Glitch City; as a matter of fact, it does not exist. Not in a traditional sense. What we Glitchmon call time is more like that period between falling asleep and waking up in the human world. You do not sense it, but it is there, and you know it has happened, but not when. Three, four weeks passed between meeting the Captain and the events on Cinnabar Island. That I can confirm. So, a month, lets say. Most of that time was spent in Vermillion City, and a few days passed on the S.S. Essessessess.

I say at least three months because I have been here longer than I have been in the outside world. I know I have been here at least once before; LM4 said Glitch City is where I first appeared. However, I do not remember anything before meeting the Captain, but LM4 has been right about many things in the past.

The statue said, "…and on the five thousandth day." Five thousandth. 5000th. That would mean Glitch City was roughly fourteen years old when I was born, and that would mean I am no older than four years old. Smitty said that he had been hunting Glitchmon for eighteen years, which, assuming Glitchmon appeared around that time, would place Glitch Citys and MissingNos birth dates around nineteen ninety six. That would mean I would have been born in two thousand and ten. It is now two thousand and fourteen. What was I doing over those three-four years, and why did I not remember any of it? I entered the real world due to 3TrainerPoké and was captured on Cycling Road, so that answers that, although I do not recall ever being there or hearing that name before.

So, we finally had a rough timeframe of when this all started. I relayed the information to the Captain and Amber, who were befuddled.

"The math checks out," Amber said, dragging her fingers across the floor as if she was writing the details down. "So, in less than twenty years, 3TrainerPoké managed to ruin everything for everyone."

"Thats my job!" the Captain joked.

"Not only that, but in less than half a year, we put many dents in his empire."

"And hes struck back. Bzzt. This is a tug of war. Bzzt. Every little victory we have had just gets broken down. Bzzt. We form a team, we meet Charizard M. Bzzt. We save the people of Vermillion City, but the city is destroyed and Smitty is killed. Bzzt. We defeat PPkmnP, and then wind up here. Bzzt. We free the Hybridmon, but at the cost of losing two more teammates. Bzzt. Possibly four. Bzzt."

The Captain stood up to get a better look at the area. He sighed loudly while observing.

"Where are we?" he asked bluntly.

"We are still in Glitch City. Bzzt."

"I know, but where in Glitch City? This is new."

"I have no idea. Bzzt."

The rest of our entourage joined us as we stared into the void. It twisted and turned in ways not normally conceivable to the mind, whether it meant twisting inside outward at a sixty two degree angle, or collapsing sideways.

Something fell from the sky. It was chilly, but wet.

A snowflake. The snowflake was square, white, and otherwise without texture. I looked up, but there was not a cloud in the sky. Maybe there was, but I could not tell if there was one because of this dimensions appearance. This was the first time we had felt something other than the eldritch stiffness of Glitch Citys environment. More and more of them came down, forming a light snowfall that was, compared to the other events that had happened here, soothing.

The Hybridmon shuffled around as they looked up to watch the spectacle. They were as shocked as we were. The snowfall showed no signs of stopping any time soon. Amber shuddered from the cold; none of us had felt anything this natural in quite some time. It was soothing, in a strange way. We were still out here, lost and alone, but there was a sign of humanity we desperately needed to encounter.

We needed to find the other Trainers, too. That was easier said than done. If they were in this part of Glitch City, then they were likely just as lost as we were. Where to start, where to start? We could clearly continue into the wretched depths of Glitch City and hope against hope we could find something there. Our army was formidable at best.

"Whats the plan, chief?" the Captain asked.

"Right now, we should look for the others. Bzzt. Dicks, Travis, Shorts Kid, or the other Trainers 3TrainerPoké is looking for. Bzzt."

"Make our army bigger," the Captain said.

"That is part of the reason, yes. Bzzt. If 3TrainerPoké is really on a manhunt for other Trainers, then getting to them before he does should be a priority. Bzzt."

"So, what weve already been doing. Hopefully we wont encounter 3TrainerPoké for a while."

"Where did he say the Gym Leaders and such are?" asked the Captain.

"In the Gods tower. Bzzt."

The Captain groaned exhaustively and sat on the ground, while leaning against Camerupt.

"Can we rest first? I dont know about any of you, but my legs are killing me."

"No! We cant rest right now. Not until we find the others!" Amber replied. The gold Steelix slithered up to her and lowered its head, as if it was telling her to climb onto its head. She did so, sitting between the two ridges above its eyes.

"The Gods tower. Great." The Captain got up, and stood beside me, staring at the void. "And we have to go through this to get there. This. This insanity."

"It would appear so, yes. Bzzt."

I spread my wings and hunched down so he could climb on. It feels odd having feet puncture your wings, but still being able to fly with them. Then, I flapped once and was lifted off the ground even higher, ascending twenty feet into the air. Steelix and Amber slithered over to join us and I turned to face the other Hybridmon.

"Are you happy to be free? Bzzt."

Most of them let out a confirming grunt and nodded as well, a good sign.

"Are you willing to help us help you defeat the horrible abomination of a Glitchmon that did this to you? Bzzt."

Again, they nodded. A lot of them made violent movements, like they were itching for a fight.

"What about you two? Bzzt," I asked the two Trainers.

"Well, obviously," Amber replied.

"You?" the Captain asked me.

"My spirit burns like the fire within the soul in the heart of a wagon! Bzzt." I dont know why I said that; it was not the first time it happened. "I will not let 3TrainerPoké rule a world that does not belong to him! Bzzt."

The Captain nodded and would have high-fived me if it were not for the fact that it would be difficult to do.

"All right. Bzzt. Lets. Bzzt. Get. Bzzt. Dangerous. Bzzt."[/font]

Date: 2014-08-31 16:38:06
Chapter 24: To the Rescue!

(Music: Winters)

[font=courier]Our Hybridmon friends were surprisingly fast; I guess thats because just about everything is on the line now. Too bad we cant say "before its too late," because it is, for the most part.

No. Not yet. It isnt too late yet. We are still alive, after all. That is a victory all on its own. And, since there is weather, parts of the world might not be totally corrupted yet!

It makes me wonder. What part of the planet are we on? Especially for there to be snow. The sun, the sky, grass, clouds, we had not seen any of that in quite a while. Why was it snowing?

"Hang on," Amber said cautiously. Steelix lowered its head and she jumped off the snakes noggin, her feet sinking into the ground until it was halfway up her knees.

"Whatre you doing?" asked the Captain.

"The only place I can think of to have snowfall year round is Snowpoint City," Amber explained. "Even in the summer, but its lighter then."

"Snowpoint City? Thats in Sinnoh," the Captain commented. "How the f**k did we wind up here?"

"We flew. Bzzt." My two heads looked around, cautiously, for clues regarding our location. Something, I am not sure what, caught my attention. I felt an extreme resonance of power coming from my left, and the Hybridmon, too, turned to look. It felt like it was made of the Earth itself, with enough force to shatter the very planet if it felt like it.

The flapping of dragon wings startled us all, and, taking an admittedly stupid chance, I glanced up. It was exactly what I thought it was, but it was not the original Charizard M. A clone.

However, it ignored us and soared where we were looking. What was there? Did we dare follow it? Something was there, and if Charizard M was going to it, that was bad. Very, very bad.

"So, what should we do?" asked the Captain as Charizard M vanished into the snow.

Instinctually, I started moving, flying towards whatever was there. A group of Hybridmon, Camerupt, Heatmor, Pyroar, Arcanine, Torkoal, Houndoom, and Magcargo, stood at the front of the Hybridmon group and melted the snow in front of them with their natural heat. Amber jumped on the back of a Mandibuzz, whose deep brown fur was now a snarling crimson and joined us. Its skull…undergarments were a bright, whitish blue, as was its mane. A fire/ice-type.

Through the wall of light snow and off-white insanity, I saw a large, stone temple on top of a small summit. The sense of power was coming from there.

"Is that…?" Amber trailed off. Several Hybridmon picked up the pace, and many of the more agile ones, like a purple, psychic-type Dodrio, a brown, fighting-type Manectric, and a blue, water-type Drapion, rushed past us and stood at the massive, door-less entrance of the temple. The rest of us reached it shortly after, staring into what looked like pure darkness.

"Whats this place?" asked the Captain. "It looks so normal."

"Its Snowpoint Temple. Bzzt. The home of Regigigas. Bzzt."

"Regigigas is on our side, right?"

"Its a legendary Pokémon, and is likely not here. Bzzt."

"Cant blame it," Amber added. Going against our better judgment, we set foot into the temple.

Not only is 3TrainerPoké delusional, he is also very, very stupid. Right here, right in front of us, was the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, Pokémon Center nurses, Pokémon Mart clerks and the Champions. Their bodies were floating in stasis, contained in red, tube-like containers, submerged in water. The chambers were lined up against the stone pillars inside, but we saw no sign of Travis, Dicks, or Shorts Kid. Shorts Kid worried me the most, because he was just a child and without a Pokémon.

The room was a dark, almost nightly blue, with a smooth cement ground. Nestled against the far right corner of this floor was a descending staircase. From the staircase emerged Travis and Dicks, both of them looking rattled, dazed and confused, yet at the same time, much more mature. Their eyes locked on us.

"Y…You guys!" Dicks stuttered.

"Youre alive!" Travis added.

The duo approached us and, after getting a good look at our battle-rattled condition, Dicks said, "Well, Bert, I see youre no worse for wear!"

The Captain pointed to his hair, which was usually spiky and fine. However, it now looked like it had been tasseled by an Ursaring. It was still predominantly spiky, though. "Your hair looks dumb."

Dicks made a sort of dismissive sound and said, "Weve been worried sick about you guys. What sort of Hell did you all go through to get here?"

"Oh, you know, Hell," Amber replied. "Hell on Earth."

Travis nodded in agreement. "Yeah, this is some fucked up s**t." Their Pokémon arose from the staircase to join them. Dicks Squirtle and Paras had evolved into Wartortle and Parasect, respectively; two Hybridmon, a black Nidoqueen whose chest was a deep violet shade, and a beige Cradily whose barnacles had become yellow were with him now. Travis had one new Hybridmon, a-

"Is that a fucking Tyrantrum?!" the Captain excitedly squeaked. Its red hide was rose, and its grey belly was green.

"Yes. Yes it is," Travis said, almost like he was rubbing it in. "His name is Megadeath."

The Captain and Amber snickered at the name. Myself, too. Giving a name that asinine to any Pokémon is just begging to trouble!

"What? Whats wrong with that name?"

"No offense, but you are a stupid arsehole," the Captain said, so matter-of-factly.

"You shouldve seen it kill a bunch of those Double Question Mark things out there! This things Head Smash will f**k you up so bad, youll wish you didnt get fucked up so bad," Travis explained. "Anyway, youre one to talk. Wherere your Hybridmon?"

"You wanna see our Hybridmon?" Amber asked. "Follow me."

The Captain and I stayed behind while Amber took them outside. The Captain raised his right hand and his ring, middle, and index finger. He waved his hand slightly and brought down the ring finger, mouthing, "Three." He did the same thing with his middle finger and mouthed, "Two." Then, he closed his index finger, mouthed, "One," and pointed back with his thumb.

Son of a b***h!" exclaimed Dicks. That was our cue to venture outside and join them.

"Where did you find these guys?" Travis asked.

Amber told him and Dicks about the events in the tower. Dicks and Travis seemed familiar with the name 3TrainerPoké.

"So, you met him, too?" Dicks asked. "Hes such a nice guy, aint he?"

"Really jovial. Bzzt."

The next few hours were spent getting reacquainted with them and telling our stories. I told them about the whole God thing. Dicks and Travis were lost for words, and looked at me like I was completely off my rocker.

"Can I buy some pot from you?" Travis asked.

"What? Bzzt."

"So, assuming thats all true, who is this God?" Dicks asked.

"We dont know. Bzzt. I am not sure I want to know. Bzzt."

"While Im thinking about it," the Captain started, "How long have the Gym Leaders and company been there?"

Dicks said that they had been there since they had found the building, which, by the sounds of things, had been quite some time before us. Their story was just as harrowing as ours:

1. Dicks and Travis awake at sea,
2. They befriended a purple, psychic-type Gyarados who pulled them to the nearest shore,
3. A gang of Hybridmon attacked them, but were defeated,
4. Squirtle and Paras evolved,
5. 3TrainerPoké encounters them at this time and attempts to kill them with an Earthquake attack; they escape,
6. After much wandering, they found they temple and took shelter,
7. A Charizard M made the scene and battled them both, but Travis caught it with a Poké Ball. A hole in the roof was planted from the battle, and Charizard M enters and exits the building through it.

"You… You caught a Charizard M?" Amber asked, in disbelief.

"I sure did," Travis replied. "Hes like a puppy."

"Im sure he is," the Captain wearily added.

"You wanna meet him? He doesnt bite. Not anymore, anyway. FIREHEAD!"

Firehead flew out from the building via the roofs hole and soared down to join us. The Captain shuffled out of the way when it landed, as did Amber and I. Charizard M just stood there, with a dopey kind of smile on its face as it met us for the first time.

"Firehead, this is Bert, Amber, and Glitchy."

Firehead turned his attention to the Captain, who was now shuddering either from fear or the cold. The dragon lowered its head and licked his right cheek.

"So what, is this how it decides how delicious I am?"

"Hes just being friendly. Trust me; he wont try to kill you."

"Thatd be a first."

We spent a few minutes getting to know Firehead; he was really playful and energetic! I had no doubt he would boost morale amongst the team. Hell, if it was anywhere near as strong as the real Charizard M, we might be able to hold our own when the time comes.

We returned to the temple and looked at the trapped Gym Leaders and Elite Four. They were definitely alive.

"How do we get them out?" the Captain asked.

"Weve tried to open those pods multiple times, but were worried about hurting them. I cant think of a logical way to open them," Dicks said.

"Why not use Zigzagoon? I thought he was a psychic Hybridmon?" Amber asked. "Just have it rip off the lids with its ESP."

"It didnt work," Travis replied. "We tried using our Hybridmon and Pokémon, but the things open from the inside; theres a little hatch that opens them up."

I approached the rightmost pod, iron rod in hand. The tool had gotten me out of bigger messes than this before.

"Ill need someone to point to me where the hatch is. Bzzt." Travis joined me and hoisted himself up so he could see inside. I raised the rod between the gap.

"A little more to the left," Travis ordered. I moved my hands left until he said, "Thats it!"

I dug the spear into the gap and punctured the metal; I was quick to stop impaling it. When I dug into it, I heard a noise, like a, "Cuh-chank!" This was the hatch! I pulled up and, thankfully, the lid opened, reeling back until it could not go back any further. The metal plating on the pod shifted together to form a door that opened and I got a look at who was inside.

It was a man wearing formal clothing with fine, short black hair. On the left breast of his black blazer was an emblem, a red 'R.' When the capsule opened, he wearily stepped out as the water gushed down, but fell over after taking a couple of steps; Firehead caught him and guided him to a wall to rest.

Over the next three hours, we freed all one hundred something people imprisoned here, but none of them were coherent. They were dazed and confused, unable to even stay awake long enough to walk to a wall. Aside from that, they were in fairly good shape, but they were in for a rude awakening upon coming to. This was yet another victory for us! Once they were better, we would finally be able to make our stand against 3TrainerPoké and his forces.

Dicks pulled me aside and said, "Theres more downstairs."

"More Trainers? Bzzt."

"No. Glitchmon."

Curious, we ventured downstairs to the first basement. The room was much more desolate than the top floor, and, neatly aligned in rows, were more stasis chambers. There were only eight, and most of them were a lot bigger than the ones the Trainers were trapped in. Could 3TrainerPoké be lying? Were MissingNo and LM4 here?

I looked into the middle containers window, but it held neither of them. What it did have was a pale, orangey-brown creature with eight wormlike heads, eight arms, eight wings, and four feet. Unlike other Glitchmon, it was not pixilated, but instead had defined properties, despite being very thin. There was a name label on the lid; it read "B ó ÁN," spacing included.

Taking a chance, I freed it an watched as it slowly lumbered out of the canister as water poured out around him. His arms did not have fingers or appendages, but were hooked at the end. The wings! They were a true work of art, so intricate like a Beautiflys, with more emphasis on the curves and wedges. The Glitchmons walking was strange: the feet on the opposite end would slide out first, and then the two middle feet would drag it ahead. It took a few steps before talking.

"Where am I?" Its voice was a lot like mine, but much deeper, a throaty baritone.

"You are in the Snowpoint Temple, B ó ÁN. Bzzt. Youre safe. Bzzt."

"Safe? From who?"

"From 3TrainerPoké. Bzzt."

B ó ÁN sauntered back when I said the Kings name. His eight arms were twitching, and his wings were fluttering ever so slightly.

"3TrainerPoké! That name! THAT NAME!"

He lashed out with two of his arms on his right side and struck a nearby rock pillar, splitting it in two. It toppled over and took down another pillar with it, the two of them loudly collapsing onto the floor and a small plume of dust blowing our way. Dicks covered his mouth with his arm.

The Captain and Firehead bolted down when they heard the noises.

"Whats going on? Are you guys all rig- What the s**t is that?" asked the Captain frenetically.

"Captain, this is B ó ÁN. Bzzt. He hates 3TrainerPoké too. Bzzt."

"Good."

B ó ÁN focused on Firehead. He pointed his eight arms and bellowed, "That dragon is a servant of the God! It must be destroyed immediately!"

Dicks Nidoqueen beat B ó ÁN to the dragon and spread her arms out in front of Firehead.

"No, B ó ÁN! Bzzt. That Charizard M is on our side! Bzzt."

He lowered his eight arms. "Are you certain?"

I nodded. "Absolutely. Bzzt."

B ó ÁN backed off, but Nidoqueen kept staring daggers at him.

"Now, lets see what other treasures are inside these capsules. Bzzt."[/font]

Date: 2014-09-07 15:51:19
Chapter 25: Consternation
[font=courier]So, these are the Glitchmon freed from the capsules:
1. The orange, multiple armed, headed, footed, and winged B ó ÁN,
2. A gaunt, demonic critter with a crescent shaped head named 44hy, who is deep pink,
3. H4to89, who resembles a classical knight in some aspects, with a shredded cape and shape shifting arms. His colors are nightmarish, purely black and white, without a single shade of grey between him. He lacks legs, but has a wispy, ghostlike tail that does not come close to touching the ground,
4. WGd, an utterly monstrous quadruped, purple Glitchmon who, unlike H4to89, can change any part of its body into something else. However, he usually looks like a four legged blobby thing covered in mouths and eyes, with spikes jutting down its back,
5. The yellow and white scorpion named Zed, but instead of a normal scorpion head, his rises up like a dragons but is more narrow and shark-like. Z has several, long tails with even longer stingers,
6. A, who simply does not look like anything that has ever existed. It has a slender body with arched legs and long talons, with three bell-shaped heads attached to stalk necks, home to many jagged teeth. It has a tail with a curved blade on the end. Its black, red, and white pixels made it look extra menacing, but hes on our side!
7. 6marks, a graceful creature which partly resembled a phoenix, but with an extra set of wings. Parts of its torso were covered in eyes that blinked just slightly out of unison. It stops looking like a bird when you notice its legs are actually a very long, snaky body. Like H4to89, its pixels were black and white,
8. Vee, who is just as unusual as A. Its a pyramid with three heads hoisted on thin, stringy necks protruding from the peak and has dozens of legs around the base. They were not thin, millipede legs, no; they were more like a Triceratopss. Its pixels were completely black, but there were many empty spaces in its frame. Not only that, but each head only had one eye, like a Cyclops.

As you can see, MissingNo and LM4 were not there. For convenience, we had moved to the bottom basement of the temple, because the top floor started getting cramped by the time WGd had gotten up there. The basement is completely bare aside from the stairs. We could easily fit a Groudon and a Wailord or two down here.

The Gym Leaders adapted to the cold air shortly, and several of the fire-type (formerly or newly) Hybridmon helped regulate their body temperatures.

This was three weeks ago.

Not that Im complaining, since we were still alive and 3TrainerPoké had not come after us yet. I dont think he was going to go looking for us now. Judgment day was coming. He knew we were going to go to the tower, our final destination. This may be insanely overconfident, but I think the battle in the prison tower made him realize that he can be defeated. However, his ego is so massive, he has likely brushed it off as a horribly dream.

At the moment, we were making our final preparations for the stand. Creating a plan proved to be a nightmare, because none of us, aside from Lt. Surge, had been in a war before.

"You do know this is nothing like Vietnam, right?" the Captain asked.

"War is war, kiddo. It doesnt matter if youre staring down the barrel of a rifle or down the mouth of a Gyarados. The question should be: are you ready?" asked the Lieutenant.

The Captain weakly replied, "No."

"You never can be."

Being in the room with the worlds most renowned Trainers was an exhilarating experience. I was hanging out with Bugsy and his Scyther, who was using his bladed arms to sharpen the opposite end of the rod. Its scythes made a rhythmic "shwing!" when dragged along the metal.

"So, are we gonna get out of here?" asked the bug Trainer. His shoulder-length, purple hair looked striking compared to his pale green outfit.

"Definitely. Bzzt." His Beedrill and Butterfree were sparring in the corner, anticipating the upcoming clash.

In fact, most of the Trainers were spending time with their Pokémon. Friendship was in the air. It was touching to see hardened, almost anti-fun Trainers like Koga and Drayden getting so close to their Pokémon. A lot of things change when you realize you might never see them again, or they might never see you again.

Travis and Firehead had gone looking for the tower, a pivotal idea. WGd went with them. Upon returning after a few hours, Travis announced, "We found it."

"You did? Bzzt. Excellent! Bzzt. Where is it? Bzzt."

"About two hours away by flight. Its practically right across the street from here," Travis explained.

"So then this must be…" sighed the Captain.

"The end of Glitch City," Amber finished.

"Say what, now?" asked Clair, the dragon Trainer from Blackthorn City. Her hair… its peculiar. I think she was going for a dragons wings kind of look. According to the Captain, she has a nice cape.

"The end of Glitch City. Bzzt. According to LM4, Glitch City does have predetermined boundaries, even though it is much bigger than our world. Bzzt. The Gods tower is there. Bzzt."

"An impossibly large world with impossibly constricting boundaries? Fascinating!" added Clemont, pushing in his glasses. The two mechanical hands sprouting from his backpack shuffled around erratically.

"Im glad youre enjoying yourself," the Captain sneered.

"So, we know where the tower is. Why not pull a sneak attack, catch them off guard, and blow thing sky high?" Lt. Surge asked.

"3TrainerPoké will be expecting that," replied A. "In fact, he is likely wondering why we are not going to him right now."

"So then lets go to him!" exclaimed Juan. His Kingdra and Clairs Kingdra did not get along.

"Thats the plan. Bzzt. Right now, we are working on strategies to win the upcoming battle. Bzzt."

"I say we kill em all!" Clair declared.

"Please marry me," the Captain said to her.

Each plan conjured was so complicated, it was impossible to pull off, regardless of how few people and Mons were involved. Lt. Surges idea to blow up the tower was the least complicated of the bunch.

"Heres a thought," cooed Zed. "What happens if we lose? Boop."

"Knowing 3TrainerPoké, hell want us to suffer. Bzzt. If we die trying, then we die trying. Bzzt."

That was far from an ideal answer, but it was the only one. 3TrainerPoké, the insane King that he is, has shown himself to be quite unpredictable. Assuming theres a God, that too will prove to be a difficult obstacle. Thats where most of my lack of confidence in this struggle came from; I wanted it to be a hoax, but a part of me knew that such a deity existed.

And that deity is my creator.

I thanked Scyther for sharpening my weapon and sauntered over to a wall, leaning against it and slumping to the floor. Despite looking at the ceiling, there was nothing to see up there other than the ceiling.

The Captain joined me. "You nervous?"

"Im a lot of things right now. Bzzt. Lethargic. Bzzt. Excited. Bzzt. Hopeful. Bzzt. Unprepared. Bzzt. Most of all, Im afraid. Bzzt."

The Captain nodded in understanding. "Yeah, man. This is it. The big shebang."

He sat down beside me, but upon doing so, we both heard the sound of cardboard scrunching.

"The hell was that?" he uttered, reaching into his blue cape. He had retrieved a small package, a cardboard box no bigger than his own hand. "Haha, oh wow. I totally forgot about this."

"Professor Oaks parcel! Bzzt."

He opened it up and looked inside.

A Master Ball.

The Captain took the purple and white Poké Ball out of the box and held it up at eye level. We both marveled at it. He was holding the bloody Master Ball! The Master Ball! The only Poké Ball guaranteed to capture anything Pokémon without failure.

"Dear god!" he whispered. "Why would Professor Oak need this?"

"I dont know. Bzzt. Do you think it will help later on? Bzzt."

"Definitely. Ive no clue how, but Im sure somethingll come up."

I went back to looking at the ceiling, rolling over the upcoming events in my head. There were so many potential outcomes, a multiverse worth of them, but this was going to be so unlike every other battle before. It was impossible to even come up with a most likely outcome, but the most hopeful is that only a few people, Pokémon, and Glitchmon die.

All of us were willing to sacrifice ourselves for the greater good. There was no question about it. This was it. Every battle, every triumph, every defeat had brought us here and tomorrow would be its logical conclusion.

For some reason, I felt like something had to be said. A rousing speech to get everyone ready. So, I got up and floated above the ground as usual.

"Everyone? Bzzt."

The Trainers, nurses Glitchmon, clerks, and Pokémon and Hybridmon turned to look at me.

"I am sure that you are all very nervous; I know I am. Bzzt. But just think: tomorrow, we will, once and for all, settle this. Bzzt. I know a lot of you are filled with doubt and unpleasant thoughts. Bzzt. Thats fine, because I am, too. Bzzt.

"But think about this: those bastards have demolished and ruined everything we care about. Bzzt. Our homes are marked by despair and loathing, our world is in shambles because some guy who wants to be a dragonsaurus rex went a little crazy with his power. Bzzt. Centuries of history carved by our ancestors have been eliminated by him and his merry band of followers. Bzzt.

"Along the way, friendships and alliances have been forged. Bzzt. Enemies have been made. Bzzt. Victories have been shared, and defeats have weighed us down. Bzzt. But, despite everything 3TrainerPoké has done, we are still alive, still standing, and still fighting. Bzzt. That alone shows how headstrong everybody here is. Bzzt. I can not guarantee that any of you will come out alive, but, no matter what happens, your efforts are not in vain! Bzzt. NEVER! Bzzt.

"So, for the time being, hold your Pokémon, your Hybridmon, and your Glitchmon close. Bzzt. Tomorrow, things will come full circle, and we will prove once and for all why our determination roars like a lion with the heads of a thousand heavenly dragons! Bzzt. We will not slink away with our tails between our legs. Bzzt. We will not run in fear just because we are outnumbered. Bzzt. We will show 3TrainerPoké and his forces just why we are a force to be reckoned with! Bzzt. Not only are we going to fight, but we are going to win! Bzzt."

The speech was nothing special, but it certainly did the trick. My tract was met with roaring applause and rambunctious cheering from the crowd. Even as I spoke, I could feel something inside me waking up, a beast, my chakra, whatever that is.

"Now, everyone, get some sleep. Bzzt. We will need to be well rested for tomorrow. Bzzt."

Once everyone was sleeping, I returned to the main floor of the temple and stared out of the entrance. It was still lightly snowing; typical of Snowpoint.

The Captain joined me. "You should be asleep. Bzzt."

"So should you."

We stared outside for a while before he spoke up again.

(Music: The Quietest Moment)

"That was a nice speech you made. Dyou think we have a chance?"

"A snowballs chance in Hell. Bzzt. If the God is real, then I am not so sure, but anythings possible. Bzzt."

He nodded. Thats when I really contemplated the fact that were mortals, and, even though I didnt want to accept it, it is very like we would die tomorrow.

"Bert? Bzzt."

His head bolted right to look at me, the expression of disbelief sprawled across his face.

"Glitchy? Did you just…?"

I nodded. "Bert, this might be the last time we ever fight side by side. Bzzt. If it is, then I want you to know that Im glad youre my Trainer. Bzzt."

Bert looked at the ground, trembling. Then he looked back at me and said, "Glitchy, do you remember when we first met?"

"Not a whole lot. Bzzt. The first thing I remember around that time is when I fought Dicks Squirtle. Bzzt."

"Oh. Well, when I released you from the Poké Ball, Professor Oak said that you should be destroyed. Then you hid behind my leg and changed into a two-headed dragon with a cape. Why?"

"Because you told him no. Bzzt."

Thats when he had a bit of a meltdown and threw his arms around me. I reciprocated the motion, hugging him back.

"I love you, man."

"You too, Bert. Bzzt."

We pulled away from each other after a few minutes. I had never been hugged before; sat on, yes. Blasted with fire, yes. Nicked by leafs, yes. And many other odd things. But never hugged.

"Lets get some sleep, now. Bzzt. Weve got some asses to kick. Bzzt."[/font]

Date: 2014-09-12 15:45:52
Chapter 26: Glitchkrieg
Part I: War Is Hell

[font=courier]When everyone was rested and ready, we left the temple as Firehead led the way to the tower. It was a grueling three and a half hour walk, but Travis was right: the place was practically across the street.

The tower stretched 100 floors and was crimson. Other than that, it looked quite unusual. On the top floor of the building was a large window that wrapped around each side, and in front of the window stretched out a grey balcony with a golden guardrail. The balcony was at least 1/5th of the buildings height, if I had to guess. It was a standard red skyscraper, but on the left and right sides of the tower were iron bolts that were half the size of an Onix.

The tower was sitting on top of a hill, only noticeable because of the flight of fine, sanded down marble stairs. On the sides of the stairs were stone columns that formed arches at the top, dipping halfway down the columns.

Not only was the skyscraper a little too-natural looking, but it gave off an eldritch vibe. It almost felt unholy. Could it be true?

As we marveled at the vile building, we heard the opposition arriving. 3TrainerPoké, his gang of Double Marks and Bullseye Marks, along with a troupe of Charizard Ms and hundreds of Hybridmon, had finally arrived.

"So! Your miserable existences have taken you this far?" the King sneered. "Bravo! I see youve released my prisoners."

"Youll have to do better than red tubes to stop us from kicking your sorry ass," bellowed Wulfric, an elderly man with distinctive white hair, a drooping handlebar moustache, and who wore a blue, puffy winter jacket like a cape. He lives in Snowbelle City, which, much like Snowpoint, has snow year-round.

"Dont issue cheques you cant cash, human!" 3TrainerPoké barked. "Four Dot-Dot! Are you ready to meet your maker, both literally and figuratively?"

"Its Glitchy. Bzzt. And yes. Bzzt."

"Glitchy. Thats cute. I hope the lot of you realizes you are all going to die on this battlefield."

"Were willing to make that sacrifice!" Amber replied.

3TrainerPoké backed off just a bit, acknowledging that we were serious about this. Something inside him changed; a little amount of uncertainty had gotten to the King.

He slammed his three-pronged tail on the ground. "ATTACK!"

(Music: Multi-Man Melee Ver. 2)

And just like that, we charged into the final battle.

I readied the iron rod, now with two pointed ends, and impaled a line of Bullseye Marks straight through the centre. When that task was done, I shook the spear and the lifeless circles hit the ground.

From the left came a darting Milotic with grey skin and turquoise eyebrows, forming a steely ball surrounded by rings in its mouth. Right before the Gyro Ball was launched, a blast of fire pelted Milotic, consuming part of its side in searing flames and throwing it aside. I looked and saw Blaine, riding his Rapidash. He flashed me a thumbs-up with his right hand before returning to the battle.

I weaseled my way through the fray, looking for Amber, Travis, Dicks, or Bert. Egad! The surrounding violence was unbelievable! Attacks and blows of every kind were being doled out.

Brawlys Hariyama was laying a brutal smackdown on a Blastoise with pale brown skin and a rosy shell. Hariyama shoved Blastoise away with its left hand, knocking the turtle over. But it just got right back up like it was nothing, hunched over, and aimed at the sumo with its cannons. A sphere of energy that looked like it came from the moon was launched at Hariyama, travelling at unbelievable speeds and hitting it square in the chest.

"Hyurk!" the fighter bellowed as it toppled onto its back. Blastoises Moonblast attack had defeated it in the blink of an eye, not even giving it a chance to counter. I rushed in, ready to deliver a healthy dose of retribution, but I was beaten to the punch when a blizzard of Razor Leafs struck Blastoise, slicing his rock hide. It limped away, roaring in agony.

Purpganium had dissuaded Blastoise for the time being, but for how long? Either way, it bought me some time.

I rushed over to Purpganium and asked, "Wheres Bert? Bzzt."

The Meganium turned around and led me east. I saw Dicks Cradily plant its roots in the ground for sturdiness as it uplifted chunks of the invisible ground to throw at enemies. A cluster of Marks, both Bullseye and Double, were buried under the miniature landslide, and I could hear something cracking from the pressure under the debris.

"Dicks! Bzzt. Follow us! Bzzt."

"What for?"

Were gonna break into the tower! Bzzt."

From somewhere amidst the fray, 3TrainerPoké bellowed, "Oh, no you wont!" I tried to pinpoint the location of his voice and saw him at the bottom of the stairs leading to the skyscrapers front doors. The King crouched down, and then sprung up, arching over to us while curled up into a ball.

Before landing, he uncurled and clasped his three-fingered meaty hands together; when the Kings feet touched the ground, he slammed his fists on the floor. The impact was simply inhuman, and the earthquake was just not of this earth! I snagged Dicks shirt brim and lifted him slightly above the ground as 3TrainerPokés attack shook the battlefield for what felt like forever.

I have to hand it to Cradily: had it not acted sooner, the two of us might have perished right then and there. 3TrainerPokés back head unhinged its jaw and was about to cough up an egg bomb.

"DILLY!"

A bright stream of lightning blasted 3TrainerPoké and sent him brutally thrashing aside. I set Dicks back down.

"Any idea where the others are? Bzzt."

"No clue! Why? Got a plan?"

"Getting into that building is the plan! Bzzt."

Great plan!"

His Wartortle spun in to join us; the turtle was inside its shell, and, as it spun, took out a fair-sized group of Bullseye Marks.

"War!"

"FOUR DOT-DOT!" 3TrainerPoké shouted as he got back up. "I must give you credit for making it this far. Not that it matters, because your forces will be beaten down and tortured!"

"Your aimless threats will not work on me, your majesty! Bzzt," I replied in a mocking tone. "And its Glitchy. Bzzt."

Cradily slowly waddled over to us, but kept its pure yellow eyes on 3TrainerPoké.

"Your kind should have met the same fate as that Lapras," the King uttered to Cradily. 3TrainerPoké somehow failed to notice B ó ÁN sneaking up behind him, with all sixteen of his arms out and ready to strike.

B ó ÁN thrust his arms forward, and the top arms on his right and left side dug themselves into 3TrainerPokés shoulders! We could hear the orange pixels piercing the Kings, further and further until B ó ÁN couldnt dig in any more. The arms near the middle were next and sank themselves into the Kings lower chest, where his abdomen would likely be.

"Gotcha!" gloated B ó ÁN. 3TrainerPoké screamed in anguish as the hooks skewered him.

"YOU WORTHLESS COWARD!" snarled the King. "I WILL HAVE YOUR EIGHT HEADS ON A SILVER PLATTER!"

"If ya say so," B ó ÁN coyly said. He lifted those four arms, pulling the King high into the air, above his eight heads. B ó ÁN stands nine feet tall without those noggins of his, and the necks added at least two more feet. So, yes, thats quite high.

"Ya know, 3TrainerPoké, youve been kinda cranky lately. So, why dont ya LIE DOWN?!"

Then, B ó ÁN brought his arms down and ploughed the King into the floor! 3TrainerPoké screamed a hateful roar from the battering, but B ó ÁN let go quickly and sauntered back a little ways. However, the King just lied there, like he had been defeated. His arm twitched and the back head groaned in pain.

"That was the most unbelievably badass thing Ive ever seen," Dicks said in awe.

"One thing left to do!" B ó ÁN said, and kicked the Kings main head with such force, I swear I heard his neck snap. His kick was swift and brutal; I dont think I saw his foot move.

H4to89 dashed over to us and said, "If you wanna get into that there tower, nows your opportunity!"

He pointed left and there was a clearing that took us directly to the steps.

"Hey, Knightingale, have you seen Bert, Travis, or Amber?" Dicks asked.

"Who are they?"

"Bert wears the blue cape, Travis has his own Hybridmon, and Amber has black hair. Bzzt."

"I saw someone in a blue cape with a black Camerupt further back, but if you really want inside that tower, then you should take the chance presently given to you."

A Charizard M swooped over us. This was no clone.

We all glanced up and saw the glitched dragon soaring high above the skies, approaching the skyscrapers balcony. There was someone on its back, but I could not make out the form at the speed the dragon was travelling at. Something horrific filled the air, and it was at that moment I realized everything LM4 said was true.

3TrainerPoké giggled to himself. "Heheheh…Ha! Haha! HAHAHA! GYAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!"

"I liked ya more when I thought you was dead," B ó ÁN said.

"The God of Glitch City is here!" 3TrainerPoké declared amongst his insane laughter. "HES HERE! AT LAAAAAAAAAST!"

Everyone stopped fighting to see who this unholiness was. Charizard M landed on the balcony, but was facing us, obscuring the Gods frame.

And then he removed himself from the dragons back, hopping off its left side and approaching the balcony.

"No fucking way," Dicks sighed in horror.

The God jumped up, standing on the rail of the balcony. My word! His form… it was impossible to describe at the time. I had never seen anything so horrible forbidding, something that just should not be! My sanity was attempting to escape and throw itself over the edge of the universe, which frankly would have made the following events easier to bear. Alas, I had to stay strong!

The God spread his arms wide and declared, "I! AM! JACRED!"

So, he has a name. A name befitting for a horrific monster such as himself. But the name was not what terrified me most. It was his appearance, what he looked like.

"You like shorts. Bzzt."[/font]

Date: 2014-09-21 17:33:21
Chapter 26: Glitchkrieg
Part II; Jacred

(Music: Jacred's Theme)

[font=courier]There was no mistaking it. The one behind all this madness, the one who threw these tribulations at us, the one who destroyed everything we cared about, was none other than Shorts Kid. That Youngster on Route 3 with the Rattata. The same one who got snagged by a - no, his Charizard M when we spawned an army of those things. Jacred was wearing a crown made of golden pixels that shone brightly from a nonexistent light, and draped around his neck was a long cape of pixels that changed colors intermittently and gradually, but it looked quite regal and not tacky, surprisingly. The cape was much too long for him and dragged across the ground, and had seven tails that curled upwards. On his shoulders were very thin, silver epaulettes, also pixels.

And then came the speech.

"EVERYBODY!" he said, at a volume normally reserved for movie theater sound systems. "It fills me with the utmost pride to see you all here, because it shows me that I have greatly underestimated you. I like a challenge, I truly do!

"I see that I picked the right Glitchmon for the job. 3TrainerPoké, your work is deserving of praise. However, I would have preferred you kill them. Even though PPkmnP died trying to bring MissingNo down, his efforts were not in vain!

"Look at you all, fighting over something you cant win. Its admirable, in a way. Your determination is actually staggering, since your chances of victory are 1-0. Oh, well. Not that it really matters to me, since I am going to enjoy watching every single one of you humans perish on these grounds. The Order of the Glitch has won!"

Jacred gazed at the combatants, from left to right. When he saw me, his proud expression changed to something a little more sinister. It wasnt quite rage, but it wasnt quite excitement, either.

"You."

"Howdy. Bzzt."

The King jolted up, using his tail as some sort of spring to propel himself up and land on his feet.

"My supreme God-King, shall I dispose of this draconian menace?" 3TrainerPoké asked, almost hissing.

"No. I want him alive. I see that not killing you when I had the chance was a mistake, but that means nothing now. So, Four Dot-Dot, you have made it this far. Congratulations! Youre a natural superhero, arent you?"

I had no idea what he was talking about. Was he mocking me? Was this meant to be some kind of a compliment? The statement was utterly bizarre.

"My name is Glitchy, Jacred. Bzzt." There was nothing I could say to the rest of his sentence.

"A nickname. Thats adorable. You really are a waste of life, just like I thought originally. Its good to see I have confirmation."

I heard Bert shout, "HEY!" from somewhere in the crowd. He wasnt too far from us, but he had to shove and worm his way through to group. Thunderupt and Purpganium were with him, making short work of the abundance of Marks that tried to block their path. "You cant talk to Glitchy that way!" He and his Hybridmon were covered in bruises; just about all of us were.

"Oh, my. I see you have befriended a human, too. Well, youre just a disappointment all around."

He stopped talking to me specifically, turning his attention to the rest of the armies. And, just like that, the violence resumed. Jacred turned away towards the massive, winding glass window. It opened up like a garage door; he and Charizard M stepped inside, and the door closed.

(Music: Multi-Man Melee Ver. 2)

B ó ÁN quickly snagged the King with one of his right arms, wrapping his hooked hand around the back heads neck, pulling 3TrainerPoké up, and chucking him aside.

"Yall still want in there?" asked B ó ÁN, pointing to the red tower.

"Absolutely! Bzzt."

Galloping through the horde emerged WGd. His front arms were thick, like an elephants, while his back legs were spry like a T-Rexs. In one of his mouths was a stack of Double Marks, their hides punctured by his knifelike teeth. The mouth spit them out and said something, but Bert couldnt understand a word of it. WGd was speaking in Glitchese, but it was fractured and broken, like when a Charizard M clone threatened us before.

"Whats he talking about?" Bert asked.

"He said that he could probably kick the doors down. Bzzt. They dont appear to be that strong. Bzzt."

"Groovy. Lets find the others and kick that kids face in."

From Thunderupts humps erupted a mix of both fire and lightning, but it didnt arc like usual. Instead, it spread throughout the area, raining down on its targets. The eruption sounded like a thunderclap, giving everyone on our side a chance to get out of the way.

As deft as the attack was, it didnt do a lot of good aside from a stray lightning bolt taking down a blue, water-type Heatmor. However, a Bullseye Mark was incinerated on the spot when a glob of lava landed on top of it, so that was something.

An orange beam, a sign of our salvation, cleared a path to the stairs leading to the skyscraper. We didnt even have to guess who shot it. We could hear the flapping of Salamences crescent wings, rising above the clash to bring Amber over to us. Steelix bore its way over to us, slinking around like a regular snake, and Mandibuzz flew in from behind. We could hear Megadeath approaching, using his mighty head to plow his way through the admittedly flimsy resistance at the front. Travis was riding on the dragons back, his Hybridmon confined in their Poké Balls.

"So, are we doing this?" Amber asked.

I nodded. "We are. Bzzt. Were going in. Bzzt."

H4to89 warned, "I advise you to talk about it less and go!"

The knight made an excellent point. So, without turning back, we blazed for the stairs, ready to meet our maker. WGd stayed behind, because Firehead would make short work of the doors. It was especially important to have as much manpower as possible, and the Glitchmons raw strength would annihilate any opponent he encountered. WGd would make even Chuck, the bodybuilding Gym Leader of Cianwood City, proud.

Right when we were under the balcony, 3TrainerPoké landed in front of us.

"You didnt think Id just let you barge in there, did you? Wow, you really are predictable!"

A wave of darkness seeped out from underneath Dicks Nidoqueen, an attack called Dark Pulse. The waves, which look nothing like water and more like regular circles, caught the King by surprise, knocking him up in the air, his main head bonking the bottom of the balcony. The torrent of blackness forced the stone pillars on our sides to crumble and sever, splitting apart at the seams.

This was not enough to stop the King, as expected. 3TrainerPoké got right back up, at which point Hawlucha sprung from its Poké Ball and tackled the King, shoving him through the doors.

"NO!"

Our cue. Our opportunity. Our only opportunity. Hawlucha was thorough when it came to taking care of business. The hawks left fist was clenched so tightly, that tightening it any more would actually split apart the birds skin. 3TrainerPoké stood in the doorway, grunting and heaving, muttering about taking us down.

He shouldve listened to H4to89.

The Kings back head opened its mouth wide, but before it could do anything, Hawlucha threw its fist out with such velocity and force, his hand tore through the back of the head. Just as quickly as he delivered, the bird withdrew his hand. The Kings back head died instantly, flopping down.

"GAAAAAARGH!" 3TrainerPoké screeched as a part of him perished. Trying to hide his anguish, he clasped his hands together and slammed them on the ground, causing another, minor earthquake. Amber hopped on Salamences back, as Did Travis and Dicks. Cradily planted its roots again, B ó ÁN sank three of his arms into the doorway to keep himself balanced, H4to89 and I were unaffected because we were floating, and Bert was swooped off his feet by Mandibuzz, lifted up by his shoulders.

Purpganium, Nidoqueen, Thunderupt, and Steelgold (the nickname Amber gave her Steelix) were the only ones who were directly injured. Even Cradily managed to keep the pain at bay by sucking in whatever nutrients were available, if any. Those four Hybridmon were at a serious disadvantage, since, for some reason, poison types (which Purpganium and Nidoqueen now were) were rendered almost helpless by earthquakes like that, as were Steelgold and Thunderupt. As for Megadeth, he was the only one other than Cradily who was unaffected. Being part grass-type gave him immunity to the quake, for some unexplained reason. Type advantages can be strange, eh?

Travis Zigzagoon hopped out of his Poké Ball when the attack was over. Along with Tyrantrum, they focused their psychic powers on the King, lifting him off the ground with their telekinesis.

"Uh-oh," was all 3TrainerPoké could say. The two Hybridmon cocked their heads, and the King was thrown out of the building, down the steps. He tumbled down the stairs to the very bottom.

"Ouch!" Travis said.

We took a minute to regain ourselves. When we were all ready, I pushed on the door.[/font]