Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

Neo Qwerty's custom sprites - Page 1

Neo Qwerty's custom sprites

Posted by: Neo_Qwerty
Date: 2009-06-24 00:34:34
Firstly, happy Saint-Jean to any user from Quebec!
[attachment=1]

Expect artist interpretations of a lot of hybrid glitches and glitches that evolve into normal Pokemon! It's going to be a good challenge to polish up my skills.

First up is LM4, the hybrid of Poliwrath… Which evolves to Clefairy and Nidoking, hence its odd looks.
[attachment=2]

And from the glitches on Mystery Dungeon comes Saur, the Coal Pokemon water-type statue. Yes, it's water dripping from its mouth.
[attachment=3]

Re: Neo Qwerty's custom sprites

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-06-24 02:23:25
Hmm sprites for spriteless pokemon..

Please do Q and Chisai U!

Date: 2009-06-24 07:30:03
I'm not sure what to make for Chiisai-u, since it's a normal/ground that turns into Spearow of all Pokemon, but my first idea was an egg… Not exactly, if you'll pardon the pun, groundbreaking. Let's see if I can figure out something better.

But I've done Q! As a Starmie hybrid that doesn't evolve itself, I went with its attacks and gave it something to Skull Bash and Mega Punch with, then willingly made it look a little less like an object. How's that?
[attachment=1]

Edit: I've also done Charizard 'M, who is explainably not all that changed. Tweaked his colors to look more like an older sprite, and made him look glitchier.
[attachment=2]

I had a fleeting idea for Chiisai-u, that of using a fossil-like flightless bird, but it'll be better to make it into the Terrorbird fake Pokemon I wanted to make.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-06-24 08:16:18
Awesome man these are great.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-06-24 11:59:33
Make an 'M sprite.

Date: 2009-06-25 11:03:27
A sprite of 'M, of all things?!

…Oh, alright. I did say I'll try any evolving Glitch… But this thing was a pain in the butt to figure out. I probably would have done better, but I had no idea how to do justice to the second most well-known glitch, so I tried to come up with an evil, birdlike scrambled Porygon.
[attachment=1]

And I was sidetracked by trying my hand at a pseudo-revamp of MissingNo.'s ghost form, I'll admit.
[attachment=2]

Still puzzling on Chiisai-u, though I'm starting to get a good idea forming here.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-06-25 13:05:29
Real talent… wow. As far as I've seen, we've had (In no particular order) Mutou Yami, PT, GARY 'M 9, me, Missing? NO!, BLMNDEF, and now the newest additions, Missingno.7-4468 and you, Neo_Qwerty.

Anyway, getting back on subject, you any good at fusing two Pokemon or a Pokemon and a Trainer together? Because I was wondering if you could do a fusion of two of my favorite Pokemon, Absol and Mightyena.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-06-25 13:33:44
For the 'M sprite, I was expecting more something with Zapdos, Kangaskhan and Clefairy. But still, I like your interpretations of glitches in sprites.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-25 15:55:15
You got some serious talent.
How about a R/S/E singlequestionmark?

Date: 2009-06-25 17:51:39
Yeah, I can do frankensteins/fusions/splices, too. Still not at the level of doing them completely from scratch with a new pose, but I'm working my way there.

Let's see… Would this look anything like what you were expecting, 666Jolteon? Or should I have used Mightyena as the base instead of Absol?
[attachment=1]

I'll see what I can do for the ? R/S/E, and if a second version of 'M is wanted, a second version of 'M will be had.

Date: 2009-06-26 10:56:49
That's great. Now can you do it with Mightyena as the base Pokemon?

Date: 2009-06-27 03:42:17
Okay, firstly, the Mightabsol!
[attachment=1]

Secondly, the ?, which… Well, since it's so small, and learns one attack only, it had to be primitive, right? An amoeba-Unown sounded funny, so.
[attachment=2]

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-27 11:00:26
Coolness.

Date: 2009-06-27 11:13:02
I got an idea. How about you attempt to do a fusion of a Jolteon and a Pokemon trainer (your choice).

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-27 11:29:04

I'm not sure what to make for Chiisai-u, since it's a normal/ground that turns into Spearow of all Pokemon, but my first idea was an egg… Not exactly, if you'll pardon the pun, groundbreaking. Let's see if I can figure out something better.

But I've done Q! As a Starmie hybrid that doesn't evolve itself, I went with its attacks and gave it something to Skull Bash and Mega Punch with, then willingly made it look a little less like an object. How's that?
[attachment=1]

Edit: I've also done Charizard 'M, who is explainably not all that changed. Tweaked his colors to look more like an older sprite, and made him look glitchier.
[attachment=2]

I had a fleeting idea for Chiisai-u, that of using a fossil-like flightless bird, but it'll be better to make it into the Terrorbird fake Pokemon I wanted to make.

Believe it or not, Charizard 'M's true color on the Super Gameboy and GB Tower is a very pale purple, almost gray. (Similar to how Ditto is colored in Red and Blue.)