Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

Neo Qwerty's custom sprites - Page 2

Re: Neo Qwerty's custom sprites

Posted by: Neo_Qwerty
Date: 2009-06-27 13:18:23

Believe it or not, Charizard 'M's true color on the Super Gameboy and GB Tower is a very pale purple, almost gray. (Similar to how Ditto is colored in Red and Blue.)

Hmm, really? That's interesting, since from what I gathered LM4 used Poliwrath's pallette and Q uses Starmie's… Any chances for a quick screenshot or vid of our glitchy moveswapping friend in color?

And one trainer/Pokemon fusion! I wasn't sure what gender I should make it, so I cheated and went to make it ambiguous. Galactic Grunt female for the dress base and background arm, Maylene for the forearm, Tuber male for the head, Swimmer female for the legs, and Jolteon for the top hair spikes, ears, and pallette. All other details scratched on, shading on the dress-thing also improvised.
[attachment=1]

Still working on 'M and Chiisai-u.

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-06-27 22:39:29
Man you are good.

How about a Lance and
lucario fusion?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-06-28 03:12:33
What do you think them glitches will be? Got any ideas at all?

Date: 2009-06-29 00:44:58
I'm not good so much as I have a lot of practice under my belt at spriting and splicing. I think I've been at it for at least a year and a half in various styles (Pokemon Gen 3 and Gen 4, all the Megaman formats from NES to PSX, and I've dabbled in Sonic Advance), so it would stand to reason that I've become relatively good at it.

For 'M, I had to guess from the colors in its sprite, that's why it has… peculiar… colors. Not my best work, though I did have to build the body from scratch, with a Yellow version Clefable as my guideline, and heavily modified the Kangaskhan face.
[attachment=1]

Chiisai-u is still in progress… I've decided on a mutation of a Spearow, which makes the most sense.

And finally, a Lance/Lucario fusion. Whew! That one was hard to do, considering the 3rd gen trainers have really strange shading choices. Fun note: I debated giving Lance a Magma Grunt's hood to place the Lucario ears on, but when I saw the end results of the current sprite, I just KNEW I had to keep it as is. The face paint/hair stripes were fun to do, too.
[attachment=2]

Oh! And I forgot to mention that, but you can snag up the sprites and use them however you want, so long as you don't say it's your work. I don't need to be given credit anywhere, I'm figuring out that if I'm annoyed when I see good fusions or mutations that no one wants to share without their name said three times above, between, and below, there has to be other people like me, so.

And for a little taste of my next three sprites (non-glitch, though Chiisai-u will be in it if I can help it), I'm working on a fan-thing with an evil team that tries to create hybrid, tamer clones of legendaries by mixing their DNA with that of a normal, traditionally docile and/or loyal Pokemon. Cookie if someone guesses either one of the legendaries, or one of the normal Pokemon involved!

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-06-29 04:00:34
Wow. That 'M sprite is seriously amazing. Thank you very much!

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-06-29 09:21:21
Could you do some sort of 'ice' dragon? Like a Charizard and something else Ice type.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-06-29 13:42:01
Could you make a talking taco that craps out ice cream?

Date: 2009-06-29 20:32:48
Request on the ice dragon: How's that? Mixed Charizard, Salamence, Gyarados, Latios, Garchomp, and Dragonite.
[attachment=1]

And on to the three fusions I wanted to do for myself. In lieu of actual legendaries being available for use in some evil teams, pseudo-legendary hybrid clones!
[attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=4]

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-06-29 21:16:52
Glad to see so many good spriters joining.
Comment on the sprite: One word. Amazing.

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-06-30 10:14:42
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. Can you say MEGA ownage? Can you say psuedo-legendary? Can you say legendary?

I've always wondered why they don't have an Ice-Dragon type.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-06-30 11:12:10

Believe it or not, Charizard 'M's true color on the Super Gameboy and GB Tower is a very pale purple, almost gray. (Similar to how Ditto is colored in Red and Blue.)

Hmm, really? That's interesting, since from what I gathered LM4 used Poliwrath's pallette and Q uses Starmie's… Any chances for a quick screenshot or vid of our glitchy moveswapping friend in color?

I'm working on it. The only thing  that's slowing me down is the fact I'm not very far into my Red Rom's game.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-01 08:18:05
Can you make a Barack Obama pokemon trainer?
look up for my other request!

Date: 2009-07-01 15:54:54
I'll see what I can do! I'll edit this post with the trainer sprite later… I've been feeling a bit more lazy lately, heat's settled in and I'm craving sleep all the time.